New purchases

B B

7 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

It's not racist to believe that a Country should look after it's own people, not give 5 star treatment to people who turn up in a boat and jump the queue for housing and benefits.

7 hours ago, framey said:

Can I Slightly rephrase you post 

it should not be racist to believe that a country should….

Post it on Facebook and the male and female  Karen's will accuse you of racism. I pointed out that economic migrants were being housed first to a local councillor, who I actually knew, and got unfriended on Facebook. He didn't physically speak to me for 5years.

I'll stop there, this is a new purchase thread, not a rant at the iniquities, rights and wrongs of migration.

I've bought another 20kg of RH KMG in both 15 and 20mm. I found it more consistent for takes than Infusion and the Infusion is currently not available, so it's an easy choice. I also added a kilo of Monster Crab 20mm boilies for chub and barbel.

More PVA bags, leads and bits on the same order.

I think that the winter will be fishing over small amounts of boilies with KMG and the dreaded pink pop-up in my favourite flavour as well as using up my pink Infusion pop-ups.

Is something happening with Munch Baits ?

Munch Website.....5kg Bags £19.99, Pop Ups £1.99 - £3.99, Liquid Foods £6.99, Matching Juices £6.99

Fishing Republic/Go Outdoors are doing deals on Munch Baits 5kg Buy 1 Get 1 Free £36...1kg Bag £6-9...Liquid Foods £7...Pop Ups/Wafters £3.

I'm thinking going buy £100 worth of Bio Marine for the Amberswood Fishing after New year as ive heard/found out that they Fish well in Krill Baits....Boilies, Liquid Food, Pop Ups Wafters.....

Go out the doors got a buy one get one free offer

6 hours ago, Highy said:

Munch Website.....5kg Bags £19.99, Pop Ups £1.99 - £3.99, Liquid Foods £6.99, Matching Juices £6.99

Fishing Republic/Go Outdoors are doing deals on Munch Baits 5kg Buy 1 Get 1 Free £36...1kg Bag £6-9...Liquid Foods £7...Pop Ups/Wafters £3.

I'm thinking going buy £100 worth of Bio Marine for the Amberswood Fishing after New year as ive heard/found out that they Fish well in Krill Baits....Boilies, Liquid Food, Pop Ups Wafters.....

on Munch baits. 

4 hours ago, B B said:

Go out the doors got a buy one get one free offer

on Munch baits. 

4 hours ago, B B said:

Oops just read all your post my bad 🙄

Wonder if I can try n do a price match, Show Go Outdoors/Fishing Republic the Munch price online, and try n get Buy 1 Get 1 Free for £19 🤔🤔

On 08/11/2023 at 16:19, Golden Paws said:

It's not racist to believe that a Country should look after it's own people, not give 5 star treatment to people who turn up in a boat and jump the queue for housing and benefits.

Homelessness could be fixed, immigration could also be fixed, it is a political choice to not fix it, blaming the immigrants is what the government want you to do.It is better than blaming them,it also keeps us divided, they would rather stoke up culture wars than fix the country they chose to ruin, they blame covid, wars, immigrants, and everyone else but for some mad reason people still vote for a party that has literally underfunded or sold off everything that was great about this country. 

On 08/11/2023 at 16:44, Highy said:

On 08/11/2023 at 23:02, B B said:

Oops just read all your post my bad 🙄

On 09/11/2023 at 03:35, Highy said:

Wonder if I can try n do a price match, Show Go Outdoors/Fishing Republic the Munch price online, and try n get Buy 1 Get 1 Free for £19 🤔🤔

The Buy1 get 1 Free offer had expired, but I did manage to get them @ £19.99 price match.....so I got 

16kg Bio Marine 14mm

1 Pot Bio Marine Mix Colour Pop Ups 18mm

1 Pot Bio Marine Boosted Hook Baits 18mm

2 Bottles Bio Marine Liquid Food

20231111_135516.thumb.jpg.6dad04d4b5773fb867fd9fe27ebbeeca.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a set of Shimano 5000 baitrunners for years, Bought them for barbel fishing on the Severn and suited my early carp fishing sessions on small estate lakes.

My mate has some Basia's that he bought when his mum left him some money when she died and he said he always though of her when using them. Unfortunately my mum died a few months ago and I decided to upgrade to some Shimano XTE's out of some money she left me. Waited for Black Friday and got them for £136 each despite being £160 elsewhere. (I did try Carp.com honestly Nick but they were £180 and always out of stock!)

Hoping for this spell of cold weather to break so I can christen them.

On 27/11/2023 at 20:11, Golden Paws said:

I've had a set of Shimano 5000 baitrunners for years, Bought them for barbel fishing on the Severn and suited my early carp fishing sessions on small estate lakes.

My mate has some Basia's that he bought when his mum left him some money when she died and he said he always though of her when using them. Unfortunately my mum died a few months ago and I decided to upgrade to some Shimano XTE's out of some money she left me. Waited for Black Friday and got them for £136 each despite being £160 elsewhere. (I did try Carp.com honestly Nick but they were £180 and always out of stock!)

Hoping for this spell of cold weather to break so I can christen them.

Shimano are discontinuing the 14000 XTD...£120 @ Angling Direct for limited time only, Once there Gone, there Gone.

On 11/11/2023 at 14:08, Highy said:

The Buy1 get 1 Free offer had expired, but I did manage to get them @ £19.99 price match.....so I got 

16kg Bio Marine 14mm

1 Pot Bio Marine Mix Colour Pop Ups 18mm

1 Pot Bio Marine Boosted Hook Baits 18mm

2 Bottles Bio Marine Liquid Food

20231111_135516.thumb.jpg.6dad04d4b5773fb867fd9fe27ebbeeca.jpg

I've just cleared the local Go Outdoors shelves of the last of its much baits Bio Marine.

£37 for Below 😁

10kg 14mm Boilies 

1kg 18mm Boilies 

1kg 4mm Pellets

1kg Stick Mix

14mm Boosted Hookbaits x2

14mm Pop Ups

No Bio Marine left on Shelves......

ALL BUY 1 GET 1 FREE

10 hours ago, Highy said:

I've just cleared the local Go Outdoors shelves of the last of its much baits Bio Marine.

£37 for Below 😁

10kg 14mm Boilies 

1kg 18mm Boilies 

1kg 4mm Pellets

1kg Stick Mix

14mm Boosted Hookbaits x2

14mm Pop Ups

No Bio Marine left on Shelves......

ALL BUY 1 GET 1 FREE

What happened to all the Sticky baits you had ?

1 minute ago, B B said:

What happened to all the Sticky baits you had ?

Still have all the Manilla only, but a water I'm going to after New year reacts to Krill/Crab/Fishy baits ONLY, sounds weird but I've asked alot about it and they have all said the same....No Particle, Pellets, or anything like that....Boilie only seems to be the Aproach, so with the Bio Marine on offer I had to swoop at it, if not, then I'll jump on a catfish water later in year 👍

On 05/12/2023 at 11:17, salokcinnodrog said:

Then when we go to low tech alternatives like wood burners, laws are put in to make getting the 'right' wood

After making the comment above on the 'Is Fishing Tackle too Expensive?' thread I had to treat myself to a full Kelly Kettle kit.

Admittedly £75 but I think it might be saving gas...

20231207_085719.jpg

21 hours ago, Golden Paws said:

You might save a bit on gas but you'll have to buy a set of split can rods, centrepins and a tweed jacket!

I have a centrepin, shooting jacket and flat cap, is that close enough?:lol:

16 hours ago, framey said:

And smell of bonfire when you want a cuppa lol

We had a clean up of dead branches and brambles around the lake and estate, and 2 bonfires were built. One was around 200metres from my bivvy, I smelt of wood smoke for 5 days.

31 minutes ago, B B said:

Not a new purchase for me but my mate got his future son Inlaw a hot water bottle for a trip this weekend Sadly he didn’t do the stopper up enough and woke up in the early hrs with a wet sleeping bag 😳 ended up sleeping with a black plastic bag around legs and feet  

School boy error!!
sounds not clever enough to be a son in law now lol