whacker catcher baits

found a new bait company right on the doorstep of the lakes they have a unit up in the Leyland estate in Wellingborough they own ecton lakes and the bait recipes are the old mans a guy called Alan Taylor? had a bait out back in the day called the dogs'. 

after getting nowhere with the tigers and sweep never getting mainline parti tubs again real low quality.  anyway, looked for a local tackle shop to find they have all closed due to ad opening up shop in Northampton,  but did come up with whacker catcher so off i went and got some bait, nice guys let me buy from the unit out the blue did me two bags of ecton berry frozen and a tub of pop ups for twenty notes, only got to use them on the last day and the fish did like the bait the single beeps and shy bites started, i think i should be hitting more of the single beeps? 

still got the majority of the bait and will be getting more even had old Pete down he really liked the berry got a moorish scent to it. 

if you fish in the valley you can order and pay for your bait online and pick it up on your way to the lakes, more importantly the bait is fresh rolled the quality is one of the best i have found for rolled baits.

https://whackercatcherproducts.co.uk/

Very good bait back in the day. I'd love to think it's the same recipes but I doubt it if I'm honest. Alan would qualify as one of carp anglings true legends. RIP.

11 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

the fish did like the bait the single beeps and shy bites started, i think i should be hitting more of the single beeps?

No mate. If they're feeding on the bait and you're not getting takes it's more likely a presentation issue. Hitting single beeps is imo clutching at straws and not addressing the real problem (whatever that may be).

19 minutes ago, yonny said:

Very good bait back in the day. I'd love to think it's the same recipes but I doubt it if I'm honest. Alan would qualify as one of carp anglings true legends. RIP.

No mate. If they're feeding on the bait and you're not getting takes it's more likely a presentation issue. Hitting single beeps is imo clutching at straws and not addressing the real problem (whatever that may be).

changing lead set up to a clip might help the heli don't give enough weight to the hook bait on the take, which shouldn't be a problem as it is one of the most popular set ups on the water my hooks are out the pack sharp and the rigs are fishing, i have been using ronnies mainly this year on a coated boom and fluorocarbon section, from here on in i'm trying large bottom baits on a basic hair rig just have the pop up on one rod. pellets and boilies only, 

i could do with neater rigs and presentation getting them feeding is never a problem getting a bite is real thin on the ground this year. 

39 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

from here on in i'm trying large bottom baits on a basic hair rig just have the pop up on one rod.

Assuming we're talking about the Island lake, changing to bottom baits made a massive difference on there for me👍. Also hemp made a big difference.

46 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

the heli don't give enough weight to the hook bait on the take

That's not the case mate. As you've said, carp get caught every day on the heli.

Well both me and the fish like the Ecton Berry from Whacker Catcher really is on of those baits you just know will get scoffed.

4 fish so far one going to 35.9lb which I thought was close to the lake record but no, that's at 43, if anyone has my you tube page there are some short videos there are links in the Rolling Rounds thread, can't figure out how to copy links in with my phone.

Should rename the Bait Whelly Berry, such a handy little unit order and pay, pick up when at the lake.

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Looks bigger than 12lb that one lovely fish well done 👍

Any pics of the big one???? 

That was a net guess was a bit bigger, no only a mat shot and video, didn't fancy doing a hold photo get a bit twitchy whith the larger fish it's not nice when they kick off on the mat, if I had a tripod I would.

4 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

That was a net guess was a bit bigger, no only a mat shot and video, didn't fancy doing a hold photo get a bit twitchy whith the larger fish it's not nice when they kick off on the mat, if I had a tripod I would.

Lovely fish that one 😎

Well worth getting a tripod I got an amazon basics one for my camera wasn't expensive but well worth it 👍

I try to make it as simple as I can for photos, intervalometer, video light, tripod , get the mat set up with the camera ready with a practice snap, then just move the fish hit the timer unzip the retainer, bucket of water ready lift, take snaps, turn, do more snaps and back in the water, worth checking you have a good enough snap before releasing 👍

If they get a bit flappy I've found it can help to keep the eyes covered as much as possible, I think it's the bright lights that bother them, just takes a bit of practice to get used too then it becomes 2nd nature, 

Great session though bagged some whackers 👍👍😎😎

Just now, yonny said:

Is that Pearly? 

If it is, I had that off the top a few years back. Real nice kipper.

that one is putting weight on bet it would of been near forty a month ago not many come off the top in there. still a few photos of you on the board with fish a big common and a few others,

the one i would like to catch, moonscale is around thirty to thirty two at last catch haven't heard of anyone seeing that in a while.

On 31/07/2021 at 07:58, Carpbell_ll said:

Well both me and the fish like the Ecton Berry from Whacker Catcher really is on of those baits you just know will get scoffed.

4 fish so far one going to 35.9lb which I thought was close to the lake record but no, that's at 43, if anyone has my you tube page there are some short videos there are links in the Rolling Rounds thread, can't figure out how to copy links in with my phone.

Should rename the Bait Whelly Berry, such a handy little unit order and pay, pick up when at the lake.

If you're fishing where I think you are - you do know the 43 is loooong gone right, just checking?

18 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

If you're fishing where I think you are - you do know the 43 is loooong gone right, just checking?

i didn't even know about the 43  i thought the biggest was thirty seven, looks like pearly is on of the biggest in there these days the other lake has a good amount of forties in  not many of the big ones coming out this summer, 

now that little lake has very little weed the bottom is getting a lot firmer, the amount of spots you can find is deceiving there are some lovely areas that should fish but they seem to attract the anglers more than the carp.