Welcome to carpy fat club

elmoputney

7 hours ago, ravix said:

How are you doing guys? I've read your experience and suggestions here. TBH, they inspired me a little. So, I've decided to do sth with my body. Start here. Wish me luck! 

Glad you bought this up I've fallen right off the wagon of late, I'm doing more longer dog walks but my diet is pretty bad hopefully we can use this as some good motivation and I can get started again 

Good luck with your effort hope it goes well keep posting up and I'll try and do better with you 👍

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Glad you bought this up I've fallen right off the wagon of late, I'm doing more longer dog walks but my diet is pretty bad hopefully we can use this as some good motivation and I can get started again 

Good luck with your effort hope it goes well keep posting up and I'll try and do better with you 👍

Yeah, I can believe you. It should be in complex to see the result. 

Thanks a lot! Hope to share positive results here.

On 25/07/2022 at 11:02, ravix said:

How are you doing guys? I've read your experience and suggestions here. TBH, they inspired me a little. So, I've decided to do sth with my body. Start here. Wish me luck! 

Good for you, man. I've started this trip about a year ago. Need to admit that PPs are right about the temp. I tried different diets, and noticed that "the smallest steps produced the biggest results" is the best decision. At the moment, I'm following https://betterme.world/articles/macro-split-for-cutting/ suggestions to keep track of my weight. No more hard core diets. It should be done wisely.

• 2 months later...

Just thought I would bring this up a bit as I've now been Eating healthy for a few weeks, my youngest is now a 6yo eco terrorist veggie and actually its been inspiring to eat lots less meat, so far this week we've only had one meat based dinner, a good old bolognese (she had veggie meatballs with various veggies in a tomato based sauce) I made a banging veggie soup the kids both ate, made a really nice quick veggie curry too, we've started ordering our fruit and veg off Facebook from a local firm who delivers it, sooooooo much nicer and fresher than supermarket veg, we are getting a tray for £30 and it's brilliant, 

Breakfasts have mainly been smoothies, I'm feeling quite positive after a couple of  weeks lost a few lbs so far, just need to ditch the sugar in tea now, we have emptied the biscuit barrel and today I am going to make it a healthy snack barrel, just going to fill it with nuts and seeds and stuff that you can pick at when you want a nibble

That's my update anyway keep fat fighting y'all 

• 11 months later...

Giving this a bump in June I did the million step challenge and did 600,000 steps by myself my team came 2nd and I was 5th individually(first 4 were ringers😂) , now a few of us at work are doing a weightloss challenge, I am doing an intermittent fasting diet presently and today I have joined a gym 😲 the winner gets £300 (we've all paid £50)

My starting weight was 126.7kg in down to 125kg so far and I've got till December. The walking challenge made me realise how competitive I can be😲, I'm bringing the heat now 😂

1 hour ago, B B said:

That’s so funny Elmo. 😂
I had a look at my  computer thingy on my bike yesterday Iv done 2,700 miles in just over 2 years since I bought it. It’s got pedal assist on it but I try to use it on the lowest setting. 

Screenshot_20230915_153255.thumb.jpg.ab1d2bc8cf16fd5c96e6a746a8bc63ce.jpg

This is my years walking, so far not including Feb, reckon I join the proclaimers with that lot. 😂

17 hours ago, B B said:

Is that pic a forgery 🤔 looks like my hi-fi  😂

After spending the day trying to tidy our house and reorganise/declutter all of our toot and adding to the loft collection, we had a pizza, I'm hoping fasting and dog walking will counteract that lil blip I might go visit the gymnasium later but we still have a lot of work to do, I dream of an organised house but we haven't got there yet. Just having a black earl grey then I'm gonna crack on, I'm learning I don't need milk and sugar. 

124.5kg this morning so going the right way 💪

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

After spending the day trying to tidy our house and reorganise/declutter all of our toot and adding to the loft collection, we had a pizza, I'm hoping fasting and dog walking will counteract that lil blip I might go visit the gymnasium later but we still have a lot of work to do, I dream of an organised house but we haven't got there yet. Just having a black earl grey then I'm gonna crack on, I'm learning I don't need milk and sugar. 

124.5kg this morning so going the right way 💪

Started our Under 14's Grassroots football season last week, so far we've won 2 from 2.......4-1 last week & 5-2 today.

Training twice a week Monday n Thursday, I join in when I'm on my 6-2 shift. 

On 19/09/2023 at 00:29, elmoputney said:

$Gym was pretty busy for 10 30pm, went in and did my thing though, going to ache like hell tomorrow, 

Did some iron pumping and stuff #gainzbros 

Did you stretch before , and after exercising , Elmo ? ; a little cool down , and stretch after working out will hopefully help reduce those aching muscles .

😃

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Did you stretch before , and after exercising , Elmo ? ; a little cool down , and stretch after working out will hopefully help reduce those aching muscles .

😃

Apparently not as much as i should have 😂 my plan to go tonight quickly fell by the wayside as I still ached significantly today.

• 3 months later...

Back last year in early September I was painting a customers bedroom and had to change my T-shirt looking across to a full length mirror i was a bit shocked but not how exceptional good looking I was but the size of my gut. Iv had an easier time in work and had put a bit of weight on almost a stone 😳 The customer bathroom scales didn’t lie … so nipped back into the bedroom took a pic in the mirror as a reference points for the future… I would post the pic but it wouldn’t get past the mods….. the good news is Iv lost the stone but god it was hard going.  

I read this with interest, although I am that horrible freak that eats what he wants, although that is mostly healthy, I do have a soft spot for packets of Jaffa Cakes or all 4 Chocolate Rice Crispies bars...

When I played American football I was around 85kg, and spent time in the gym most days. I retired from playing sport back in 2009, the weekly aches that used to be gone by Monday in my early years lasted until Thursday...

I promised myself I'd never go back into the gym to keep fit. Exercise would be walking or cycling.

I'm now down to 72kg, and avoid the takeaways, and MaccyD's unless I am on a trip involving a motorway or dual carriageway stop.

I frequently batch cook for myself, usually having 5 or 6 tubs of 'ready meals' in the freezer.

I've stopped using the supermarket to buy vegetables and meat, going to my local greengrocer and butchers instead. The quality is much higher, and it works out as cheap, even cheaper. 

At the moment I'm eating alot of red meat in all my meals...

Breakfast consists of Museli and 1 Coffee.

Snacks are Nuts or a Protein Shake/Bar

Lunch consists of Steak/Mince/Vegetables and Rice.

Tea is more or less the same.

Plenty fluids also during the day...

I do have a cheat every other day and a Sunday is always a roast....

Exercise is walking the dog, Biking to work and Daily Stretching for about 30mins.

So far since November, I've lost just over a Stone.

I skipped breakfast, when I got hungry I had a banana around 9-10am with a small handful of nuts and raisins for lunch I had Weetabix with an apple , banana later when I got hungry again. sipping water all day would help. Main and only meal around 5 ish maybe a handful of mixed nuts and raisins while chilling out early evening. No food after 8 ish pm   Only had coffee when I went fishing with treats so that wasn’t often 😏 it took about 2 wks to get used to the different times I ate had headaches and was a bit irritable think that was the lack of caffeine …Without realising it I was fasting for 12 hrs, now I couldn’t eat a big full meal if I wanted to… I wonder if our stomach shrinks with less food intake 🤔

Well done guys, glad you all doing well, 🎉🎉

Christmas wasn't the excess of old this year, first Christmas since I was a kid when I didn't drink at all, i did eat quite a lot of cheese based buffets and chocolates  though, we had a little finance check up over Christmas and worked out where we were spending too much money, we were eating quite a lot of takeaways was quite an eye opener I can tell you 👀 we have now banned ourselves from them, luckily I had already boycotted papa John's, dominos, McDonald's, KFC already but the kebab man, Chinese and curry house are going to feel the pinch 😢 but we're going to be healthier this year, as a family we Are taking back control. 

I am going to go back to intermittent fasting soon as that seems to work for me. I am starting the year feeling ready for another go, I have just bought a new fishing mobile and a load of car cleaning products too I am becoming that guy, you know the one Sunday morning bright and early getting that jetwash blasting and the suds a singing. I've got snowfoam and I am not afraid to use it 🤣

I am looking forward to it already 😂👌

Have a good new year guys. 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

Well done guys, glad you all doing well, 🎉🎉

Christmas wasn't the excess of old this year, first Christmas since I was a kid when I didn't drink at all, i did eat quite a lot of cheese based buffets and chocolates  though, we had a little finance check up over Christmas and worked out where we were spending too much money, we were eating quite a lot of takeaways was quite an eye opener I can tell you 👀 we have now banned ourselves from them, luckily I had already boycotted papa John's, dominos, McDonald's, KFC already but the kebab man, Chinese and curry house are going to feel the pinch 😢 but we're going to be healthier this year, as a family we Are taking back control. 

I am going to go back to intermittent fasting soon as that seems to work for me. I am starting the year feeling ready for another go, I have just bought a new fishing mobile and a load of car cleaning products too I am becoming that guy, you know the one Sunday morning bright and early getting that jetwash blasting and the suds a singing. I've got snowfoam and I am not afraid to use it 🤣

I am looking forward to it already 😂👌

Have a good new year guys. 

Christmas for me was a couscous and bell pepper starter, Roast goose and the trimmings for main, then for me, Yule Log and Christmas pudding for dessert.

I'm lucky, I only had to worry about cooking starters and the goose.

Since Christmas though, I've been laid up with the bug. I've only been going out with the dog to give her a walk.

I stick to porridge for breakfast, along with coffee, lunch is sandwiches, and then my dinners are often pasta based, but I do have beef or venison steak, potatoes and vegetables normally once a week.

My big problem is obviously the hip and back which has cut out the cycling.

13 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

My big problem is obviously the hip and back which has cut out the cycling.

Il be lost without the bike and the trailer for fishing.  I worked from New Year’s Day went to work on the bike with all this storm weather a bit windy and wet but loved it, the Taff was up and wild makes you wonder how the fish cope..

Sorry to hear about the hip and back problems.  

• 1 month later...