Carpy spots, split from Simple Stiff d rig

15 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Rod Hutchinson often explained something similar about the carp using gravel bars as the routes across gravel pits, and the silt in between being the feeding areas. 

Day time may be the time to fish on gravel and night the time to fish off them. 

The day is an 'inquisitive' take, night is a feeding take. 

RH also mentioned that the carp may hide in lily beds and weed in the day, occasionally picking up a bait, and again coming out of the weed to feed properly at night. 

So i guess the moral of the story is if you tend to fish overnighters like myself, fish in silt or just off pads and weed, 😂

1 hour ago, yonny said:

You've been fishing long enough to know that using the words shall and will is not the one in carp angling lol

13 hours ago, framey said:

Anyone else notice that most of these writers use the worlds should and may a lot lol

The indecisive guide to angling  😁

By Ifs and Butts publications 

Could be a hit 

One word all modern content providers seem to use is ARMOURY, 

"you need this rig in your armoury as it might get you a an extra bite or two" 

Terms and conditions

this may or may not be true, but the angler has an armoury at his disposal so he can always change to another method that may or may not work if this method proves unsuccessful 😂

Sometimes you do have to feel sorry for sponsored anglers you can see they are lying their rump off i've been watching a few Simon Crow vids now that's how you video fishing sessions for social media it's all about where he is fishing and non of that you need this and that nonsense to catch fish.

Old fishing buddy of mine only fishes canals or any pools he can get on for free always with just a cheap argos float road and reel, Tench are his main target, i once talked him into buying a day ticket for pine pool turned up with his float road sat on the end of main causeway we all fish off and put us all to shame with the amount of very large tench he had out, really was something else all from slowly feeding the swim maggots and corn.

10 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Sometimes you do have to feel sorry for sponsored anglers you can see they are lying their rump off i've been watching a few Simon Crow vids now that's how you video fishing sessions for social media it's all about where he is fishing and non of that you need this and that nonsense to catch fish.

Old fishing buddy of mine only fishes canals or any pools he can get on for free always with just a cheap argos float road and reel, Tench are his main target, i once talked him into buying a day ticket for pine pool turned up with his float road sat on the end of main causeway we all fish off and put us all to shame with the amount of very large tench he had out, really was something else all from slowly feeding the swim maggots and corn.

I had a old friend like that ancient gear an he would allways pull out some awesome fish while others blanked he used to make me laugh we wouldn’t call it fishing I’d say to him coming to pee some people off and he would just shrug an mumble something under his breath your making the tea he’d say as he was getting in the car we would turn up he’d be gone I’d find him tucked away somewhere with his canvas bag seat an he could catch em the old git 

A mate of mine used to be mad keen on carping, we were out virtually every weekend, he hit on a run of blanks, got convinced that it was all down to rigs and couldn’t accept it was probably down to the run of things, it wasn’t an easy water and a string of blanks could and did happen to us all. He started chopping and changing rigs all over, still blanking... he brought the underwater carp fishing dvd for some hints and tips, yet it just wrecked his head, he got so despondent that he lost all confidence in what he was doing and eventually hung up his rods. 

3 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

A mate of mine used to be mad keen on carping, we were out virtually every weekend, he hit on a run of blanks, got convinced that it was all down to rigs and couldn’t accept it was probably down to the run of things, it wasn’t an easy water and a string of blanks could and did happen to us all. He started chopping and changing rigs all over, still blanking... he brought the underwater carp fishing dvd for some hints and tips, yet it just wrecked his head, he got so despondent that he lost all confidence in what he was doing and eventually hung up his rods. 

I have a mate who had a habit. He used to spend most of the day monged out in his shelter. 

We fished the same waters, while he was smoking, I spent time looking and figuring. He got so wound up with me catching regularly. Eventually his habit and not catching he sold all his gear, including the stuff I gave him. Eventually he managed to quit. It has cost him thousands to buy new gear, and he still refuses to get into carp fishing like he used to. 

8 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I have a mate who had a habit. He used to spend most of the day monged out in his shelter. 

We fished the same waters, while he was smoking, I spent time looking and figuring. He got so wound up with me catching regularly. Eventually his habit and not catching he sold all his gear, including the stuff I gave him. Eventually he managed to quit. It has cost him thousands to buy new gear, and he still refuses to get into carp fishing like he used to. 

Sad how it hits some people 

5 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Sad how it hits some people 

A lot of issue around the green or what ever you wish to call it i go with hemp flowers if the plant has not gone through any kind of extraction process, addiction is a bit overkill when talking about regular use the side effects from not having a smoke for a regular smoker is the same as not having your coffee and Fag in the morning.

The financial problems are due to the illicit nature of the costing structure if a person could freely grow their own in a outdoor greenhouse all the financial and backstreet retail issue would not be there.

The only strain/brand/name i would strongly advise people stay away from is the horrid cheese weed, it's disgusting and obnoxious and there is something not right about it couldn't tell you what as i wont have it or those that smoke it regular around me. 

58 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

The only strain/brand/name i would strongly advise people stay away from is the horrid cheese weed, it's disgusting and obnoxious and there is something not right about it couldn't tell you what as i wont have it or those that smoke it regular around me. 

I've seen a few strains advertised that are crossbreeds of the UK Cheese but haven't tried it.  The review I just read of UK Cheese claims the smoke from some of it smells like rotten vegetables,  so what you say makes sense.  Legalisation in Canada hasn't been without a few bumps, but overall it's great.  Anyone can grow 4 plants but for non-gardeners who don't want to buy from the more expensive licensed shops there is a thriving mail-order grey market.  I can choose the potent Indica or Indica-dominant hybrids I want for pain management, and price is down, quality is up, and it's delivered in the post by an agent of the government.  It's about time, says I, and glad I lived to see it.

9 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I've seen a few strains advertised that are crossbreeds of the UK Cheese but haven't tried it.  The review I just read of UK Cheese claims the smoke from some of it smells like rotten vegetables,  so what you say makes sense.  Legalisation in Canada hasn't been without a few bumps, but overall it's great.  Anyone can grow 4 plants but for non-gardeners who don't want to buy from the more expensive licensed shops there is a thriving mail-order grey market.  I can choose the potent Indica or Indica-dominant hybrids I want for pain management, and price is down, quality is up, and it's delivered in the post by an agent of the government.  It's about time, says I, and glad I lived to see it.

lucky Canada the funny thing is that means the crown will be drawing an income from that sort of yet there are a lot of people in the uk who think we should take the same approach as the Arab countries or the Philippines can see where the user anxiety issues come from. 

From what I've seen of the cheese strain it is more of a medical grade knock you out type thing seems to be what most of the street dealers sell, when in Amsterdam lol, I like the sativas and haze hybrids not too keen at all on the Afghani Indian indica hybrids some are ok but if i can get it then it has to be high quality Moroccan or Lebanese hash. 

37 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

lucky Canada the funny thing is that means the crown will be drawing an income from that sort of

Our government was counting on tax money to help sell legalization, but they botched the roll-out, from allocation of licenses for shops and producers to supply issues to pricing.  The grey market helped bring legal price down and quality up by sheer force of competition, and now government has to find a way to tax those illegal stores because it's just too big and entrenched to shut down.  As for fishing, legalization hasn't changed what I do.  Politeness dictates not being too brash about it.  Since smoking or vaping pot in public is still verboten, the standard procedures of keeping out of sight and downwind of kids and tourists, looking around for cops or conservation officers beforehand are still in effect.  All the bad effects that were predicted failed to materialise.  No rush of psychosis cases to hospital, no increase in impaired drivers or workplace accidents, etc.  The biggest problem was a shortage of cannabis on store shelves right at the start, and they've caught up now.  

Re:hash  Someone gave me a nice lump of their home-made pressed kief from his own crop yesterday and it's a lot like the good old blonde Leb we used to buy almost 50 years ago.  I'll be getting back to him.

15 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Our government was counting on tax money to help sell legalization, but they botched the roll-out, from allocation of licenses for shops and producers to supply issues to pricing.  The grey market helped bring legal price down and quality up by sheer force of competition, and now government has to find a way to tax those illegal stores because it's just too big and entrenched to shut down.  As for fishing, legalization hasn't changed what I do.  Politeness dictates not being too brash about it.  Since smoking or vaping pot in public is still verboten, the standard procedures of keeping out of sight and downwind of kids and tourists, looking around for cops or conservation officers beforehand are still in effect.  All the bad effects that were predicted failed to materialise.  No rush of psychosis cases to hospital, no increase in impaired drivers or workplace accidents, etc.  The biggest problem was a shortage of cannabis on store shelves right at the start, and they've caught up now.  

Re:hash  Someone gave me a nice lump of their home-made pressed kief from his own crop yesterday and it's a lot like the good old blonde Leb we used to buy almost 50 years ago.  I'll be getting back to him.

Now that I’d like a puff of I used to love a bit of leb

I've read through this, and with a couple of exceptions, it seems like we are all fishing gravel pits. 

What about other lakes, ponds or even meres? 

My current lake is a proper lake, mostly clay/silty lake bed, with feeder stream running in one end and out the other. Other than an old Causeway it is nearly all softer lakebed, with loads of weed. 

The spots I have found have not been in the weed, but have been rich in Bloodworm, depressions in the lakebed, or alongside rushes, proper Norfolk Reeds

I can't claim any fish, so far it is theory, but I'm sure the causeway is not the best hard spot, it is down to finding spots the fish are currently harvesting 

8 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I've read through this, and with a couple of exceptions, it seems like we are all fishing gravel pits. 

What about other lakes, ponds or even meres? 

My current lake is a proper lake, mostly clay/silty lake bed, with feeder stream running in one end and out the other. Other than an old Causeway it is nearly all softer lakebed, with loads of weed. 

The spots I have found have not been in the weed, but have been rich in Bloodworm, depressions in the lakebed, or alongside rushes, proper Norfolk Reeds

I can't claim any fish, so far it is theory, but I'm sure the causeway is not the best hard spot, it is down to finding spots the fish are currently harvesting 

Wrong video. 

Edited by Highy

Gravel pits for me mainly i would love a nicely stocked estate lake to fish something like Longleat, the lake bed where i fish is a moonscape the bottom is real soft in most areas sure there is a big slab that could be and old viaduct drainage from when it was dug out,  when you stand on it you can feel it is flat and solid under a layer of silty mud. good spot as well.