Carp Give Away ?

Carpbell_ll

Anyone seen those tackle raffles on FB, not my sort of thing but they do seem reasonable some high quality gear raffled individually or whole kits, plus they do lowest value single items with low amount of over all tickets available for sale. you could get a good brew kit for 2 quid on a 40 ticket sale draw meaning the raffle organisers are doubling their money on a 40 quid brew kit.

They seem to be popular as the ticket always sell and they do have what looks like a genuine happy winners list, they all so do brand new vans every now and then, the prizes are really good not sure how long they can keep it up for, plus there must be a fail safe in it, if they need to sell 10.000 tickets on a van but only shift 5000 by closing time a draw on that would wipe you out, must be something that insures all tickets are in the draw come picking a winner day.

Would any of you guys take a punt some of the tickets are !0 quid each for the big value stuff and it could be a 10.000 ticket draw.

If you want to play them smarter avoid the bigger prizes, tbh though they are gambling and addictive and you will find the odds are terrible usually, they won't lose out when running them, work out the cost of the item and then the ticket cost and how many tickets to sell out usually they make twice as much as the item, and you can bet they are buying at trade, 

If you want to win more then work out the max entries / tickets allowed then x100 or % if using a calc 

As a suggestion we will say 100 entries and 6 per person that gives you a 6% chance of winning that raffle if you buy 6 and a 94% of not winning that raffle 🤔 the odds are heavily stacked on you not winning 

If you are going to use one though use one that is legit, and has a gambling licence as they won't get shut down, 

Pm me if you need any more advice on this but be careful it is gambling and quite addictive 😳 

If I don't win another 20kg of CC Moore live system this time I'm stopping 😁

Never do Facebook but any on type of gambling, the bookies always win! They rely on that adrenaline rush that you get when you win but the downside is that you can become a slave to an addiction. (A bit like Carp Fishing!)

When I was in the scouts years ago, one of the leaders told me a story about how she went to a greyhound race and bet (and lost) a bit of money. No big deal as it wasn't much and all part of the experience. On the way out, she saw lots of blokes literally crying because they have bet (and lost!) a whole weeks wages and had to go home and tell their wives and family there was no money for food that week. Needless to say, she never went back but it does illustrate how it can get under your skin and consume your life.

1 hour ago, Golden Paws said:

Never do Facebook but any on type of gambling, the bookies always win! They rely on that adrenaline rush that you get when you win but the downside is that you can become a slave to an addiction. (A bit like Carp Fishing!)

When I was in the scouts years ago, one of the leaders told me a story about how she went to a greyhound race and bet (and lost) a bit of money. No big deal as it wasn't much and all part of the experience. On the way out, she saw lots of blokes literally crying because they have bet (and lost!) a whole weeks wages and had to go home and tell their wives and family there was no money for food that week. Needless to say, she never went back but it does illustrate how it can get under your skin and consume your life.

That isn't strictly true, 

I got my sky bet account closed for being too successful 🤔

Over the course of 1 year I was up about a grand so they stopped me using that account, not massive money but they didn't like it that I had beat them, that Is how they beat the successful gamblers, don't get me wrong I'm not saying I was a successful gambler, it really isn't a get rich quick scheme, but I had learnt when I had an advantage, bookies paid for family holidays and some nice little treats, I never lost what I couldn't afford but having a family meant something had to give, I was betting sloppy and making mistakes, so I stopped because it was too much working, betting and having a family, I basically never switched off it was like having 2 full time jobs and I hadn't earnt enough/wasn't disciplined enough to go full time 😳

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

I once bet on a greyhound whilst out on the razzle in Catterick... his name was lightning... he came last. I’ve never bothered since! 

My best ever winner was 66/1 £5ew in its first ever race over jumps, I had a hunch this horse was going to smash them, it was called tontos spirit it lead all the way and romped home, that horse was so good to me over a couple of years it won me quite a bit of money, Definately my favourite wasn't ever going to win the national but it loved a mucky Sedgefield 😂

That came after a day out at huntingdon with the wife and between we left £200 richer happy days 

2 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

I once bet on a greyhound whilst out on the razzle in Catterick... his name was lightning... he came last. I’ve never bothered since! 

I can remember my first bet I was 17 had just started my first full time job from school in the steel works ,Funny enough was going out with my first proper girlfriend with not much luck if you know what I mean. I popped into the betting office nx to the pub ( why was there always one nx to a pub ) bet on a dog my bro says I have a look and find a name I like Fair Reward that will do me thinks,  it wins a fiver for me wow ! I was on £30 a week then. .... now this is where the girlfriend come into the story I give her a bell pop over mine tonight i says il cook. Down the  butchers I go buys two best steaks popped into the off-licence gets bottle of red, the red was horrible... There goes my fiver better be worth it I think ... it was worked a treat 😉. Couple weeks later I’m in the steelworks canteen reading the paper spots my dog Fair Reward is running the last race tells the lads the story and the five of us has a bet and it wins. After that people were coming up to me in work asking for tips, the dog won a further two times each time most of the factory bet on it. The dog didn’t run agin we thought it was put out to stud. Should add  don’t see the point of gambling your hard earned money away..... saying that I do the lottery. 

I very rarely gamble. I used to stick money I couldn't always afford in the fruities in the pub, which while I won a number of jackpots, meant I rarely did more than break even. 

I can't remember the last time I went inside the bookies. Liz and I occasionally used to make a night out with a trip to Romford Greyhounds, even then we gave ourselves a limit, and never used the track side bookies. 

I didn't win another 20kg of bait, I've decided not to lose any more money on those I have deleted the app 🤑 ultimately you can give yourself a 6% chance of winning but that is the only edge you can gain, they are drawn using a random number generator, which means you can't rule out any possibility, at least with horses you could rule out some no hopers and leave yourself with 3 or 4 genuine contenders 🤔

It goes along with fruit machines,fixed odds betting terminals etc  as games you shouldn't play as they will get you addicted and cost you money as they are geared towards making you lose 😢