What fish is this?

cromiee

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Hi, That is a Common/Bronze Bream, Not a silver Bream. 👍

31 minutes ago, Highy said:

IMG_20200601_105708.thumb.jpg.b70bf9c14b81023696f526046a5682a5.jpg

Yours was 9lb ??? This was only 8lb 5oz. (I think)

If you look at your Bream , Cromiee , and then Highys' Bream what a difference in colours ; any Bream I catch tend to be more a slate grey .

grey .

The heads of both yours and Highys' Bream look similar , and the bigger the Bream the more " slab" like they are i.e. much flatter than the more rounded body of a Carp .

😃

51 minutes ago, Highy said:

IMG_20200601_105708.thumb.jpg.b70bf9c14b81023696f526046a5682a5.jpg

Yours was 9lb ??? This was only 8lb 5oz. (I think)

Yeah buddy picture doesn't do any justice as camera man was stood a bit back (had to zoom the picture a bit) was a nice fish thought thanks everyone can always rely on   this forum

Don't mind a big bream myself, not had a bream since the brace i had out of pine pool, one of the reasons i carry scales and a camera today, both were easy doubles and that is all i will say on size guessing that catch, the ranger was very interested when told, very few bream in that water and very old they may of been in there since before pine pool and surrounding smaller waters were cut into one lake. 

11 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Don't mind a big bream myself, not had a bream since the brace i had out of pine pool, one of the reasons i carry scales and a camera today, both were easy doubles and that is all i will say on size guessing that catch, the ranger was very interested when told, very few bream in that water and very old they may of been in there since before pine pool and surrounding smaller waters were cut into one lake. 

I had a couple of big bream during a carp session, both 9's.

It prompted me to go to tackle more suited for them and target them. Two doubles was the result, a 10.4 and a 12.

9 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I had a couple of big bream during a carp session, both 9's.

It prompted me to go to tackle more suited for them and target them. Two doubles was the result, a 10.4 and a 12.

So if whilst scaled down for bream, you happened to catch a lake record carp would you not claim it? 

I mean this as a general question BTW, as it seems lots of anglers don't think a big bream should count if you happen to be fishing for carp, so surely a big carp wouldn't count if you happened to be fishing for bream, 🤔 

16 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

So if whilst scaled down for bream, you happened to catch a lake record carp would you not claim it? 

I mean this as a general question BTW, as it seems lots of anglers don't think a big bream should count if you happen to be fishing for carp, so surely a big carp wouldn't count if you happened to be fishing for bream, 🤔 

I’d claim anything that’s not fowl hooked lol