Critique my rig...

pablo7uk

1 hour ago, framey said:

Personal preference 

I like a supple hair

thats an old packet of muggas lol

I'm another one who prefers a supple hair.

I think that stiff hairs can make the hookbait behave unnaturally. It is enough that we have a bait on a hair anyway, but on a stiff hair I think ejection or even not taking the bait in in the first place is increased.

I also found stiffer hairs with stiff rigs increased hookpulls for me.

1 hour ago, pablo7uk said:

What would be the best way to use my rigidity stiff fluorocarbon but retain a supple hair section? 

Using dental floss loop it through the hook eye to create the hair. With your hooklink material, a knotless knot down the shank holds the dental floss in place.

Or tie the hair to the eye of the hook, and cover it with shrink tube to hold it to the hook shank.

Thanks for the suggestions I'll look into it. 

I'm on the bank as we speak and definitely not happy with the stiff rig and how it sits with the stiff hair and pepperami on so I've put out the full braid one on one rod and an old 360 rig with partially stripped braid hook link on the other but I've sharpen up the hook since it was so old.

IMG_20190914_091704.jpg

4 hours ago, pablo7uk said:

What would be the best way to use my rigidity stiff fluorocarbon but retain a supple hair section? 

In the pic I have used a braided mainline hair as crayfish will cut dental floss or light mono. The hair is just granny knotted to the hook eye, then shrink tube over the hooklink knot, eye and shank so the hair comes off opposite halfway between the point and barb, the best place I have found for decent hooking.

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

In the pic I have used a braided mainline hair as crayfish will cut dental floss or light mono. The hair is just granny knotted to the hook eye, then shrink tube over the hooklink knot, eye and shank so the hair comes off opposite halfway between the point and barb, the best place I have found for decent hooking.

image.jpeg

That's great thanks. Well I've had one fish out today on the combi 360 rig with a pop up but the fishing is pretty slow all round the lake. Only a little one but better than nothing! 

IMG_20190914_135924.jpg

1 hour ago, greekskii said:

oddly ive had loads of fish on pop-ups over particle. tench, bream, carp, pike 😂 From real low pop ups to blatant 3 inchers 

I probably have too but when I found I had foul hooked one that had probably just swam straight into the rig whilst feeding I thought how silly if I had used a bottom bait it would've hoovered it up no worries 

1 hour ago, Highy said:

20190919_180558.thumb.jpg.17e2548ec5e7dd5a2ccea46e26466715.jpg

Had a sort out of Rig Wallet...

Disposed of some rigs...kept hold of Swivels..Sleeves..Hooks (not even seen water)..

Left to right  -

Ronnies..Chods..2x Bag rigs..Loop to Loop rigs (Short n Long)...Bottom Bait rigs.

My rigs never stay that organised,I try but somehow they like having an orgy while I am not looking 😮

3 hours ago, Highy said:

20190919_180558.thumb.jpg.17e2548ec5e7dd5a2ccea46e26466715.jpg

Had a sort out of Rig Wallet...

Disposed of some rigs...kept hold of Swivels..Sleeves..Hooks (not even seen water)..

Left to right  -

Ronnies..Chods..2x Bag rigs..Loop to Loop rigs (Short n Long)...Bottom Bait rigs.

Which rig wallet is that mate? I could do with something like that myself. 👍