Delkim users...........

Just started using my new EV plus alarms, very happy with them and just getting used to them.

Just one thing puzzling me. When they go off, sometimes the LED's only stay on for about 10 seconds or so, other times they stay on for about 20.

Is this normal?? Not sure if it is differentiating from a "run" or a "dropback". No mention of this in the instructions or on the website.

Any help appreciated.

11 hours ago, dayvid said:

Their is no difference from run or drop back and the latching time should remain the same whether single bleep or run.

Cheers Dayvid. That's what I've been told by Delkim, (contacted them via their FB page yesterday).

One of them is definitely staying on a lot longer than the 10 seconds or so that Delkim suggest..... I didn't time it but it's got to be nearer 30 seconds than 10 lol!

They are all packed away now but I'll check again on Tuesday to see if it does it again. 

Thanks again for the confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a set of 4 EVs for the last 3 yrs, I noticed that on occasion, the led would stay on for longer than 10secs, never caused an issue though, to be honest, I had to return them as they always packed up in the rain - 3 out of 4 packed up when wet. I don't know if I was unlucky, but I found giving them a damn good soaking in wd40 and letting it dry solved the problem for a few months. 

I've gone back to nevilles, they're as simple as I am... 

My son has the delks now, he loves them, which he should really, they're good alarms. 

ATTs work under water... couldn't afford the top flight Delkims and heard they take a fair bit of setting up, so went with the Gardner ATTS... £250 for 3 alarms and receiver had them 7 years now, nary a glitch... having said that they'll go pear shaped next time out... My old Optonics are still going strong too... although they don't fare so well if it pee's down 

3 hours ago, bluelabel said:

ATTs work under water... couldn't afford the top flight Delkims and heard they take a fair bit of setting up, so went with the Gardner ATTS... £250 for 3 alarms and receiver had them 7 years now, nary a glitch... having said that they'll go pear shaped next time out... My old Optonics are still going strong too... although they don't fare so well if it pee's down 

Only problem with the ATTS is on the early models the plastic goes sticky and you can’t get it off 

but you can buy new cases now for them I see 

I use ATTS for my 2 rod set up

13 minutes ago, yonny said:

That's news to me mate.

You sure you're not on about the Fox NTXRs? They had a well documented issue with sticky cases on the first models.

Absolutely sure..

all 3 of mine are sticky It certainly doesn’t stop them working though so I’m not really bothered TBH

there are a few cases of it around 

I have only changed the batteries once as well lol

5 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

This would majorly bug me smufter. Especially considering what you’ve paid. Send them back 

Funny thing is, after posting the original question, I tried them out at home. Set them all off together and sure enough they all went out almost simultaneously. They all stayed on for about 10 seconds or thereabouts. Tried it half a dozen times, and same thing.

Yet on Monday night I had a liner on one of my rods. Alarm lit up, and stayed on for an eternity. Well, it seemed like an eternity, but I guess was about 30 seconds or so.  I kept saying to myself "go out, go out" but it stayed on!!
Really weird. Not enough for me to want to send them back, but I will keep an eye on it to make sure it's the same one doing it every time. 

20 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I can’t help but feel like you should be 100% happy if you buy delks. I know it’s the most minor of issues. But it would bug me. What’s delkims stance on the matter? 

I have only spoken to them via messages on their FB page. The guy that I "spoke" to confirmed that they don't have a separate "drop back" indication, so they should all stay illuminated for the same amount of time (around 10 seconds), although there can be slight differences due to the components used. 
Like I say, I'm not bothered too much, certainly not enough to start sending them back at this stage, and it only seems to be the one that is doing it. 
Other than this small hiccup, I'm really pleased with them, although I've only used them a couple of times. Using them with the slimlites give a great indication of what's going on at the business end. It was a little windy on Tuesday so I used the duocarb arms to hold the bobbins in place, and they too work well. 
Obviously not used them in the rain yet.... so only time will tell lol!!

Edited by smufter

Not noticed any difference in times the leds stay lit for on my original Delkims. (Would be the ST version in current parlance I think).

They are paired with Att Dongles and receiver and I use Solar Titanium indicators with them. Can fish them mega tight with the  arm screwed right tight, or with slack lines if I loosen them off.

Biggest problem with mine is they don't go off often enough...😖😁

15 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

I was so close to buying some delks but I keep hearing these horror stories. I expect near on bomb proof for that money. I’ve got 15 year old foxes in my shed that don’t miss a beat and have been dropped in water. But they are battered. I’m using Nash atm and they’ve never let me down but they cain batteries. What’s everyone think is the way forward? I’m sensing not delks?

I bought Delks after years of wanting some over my old Fox's, they were the dream alarm in my head.

I've had problems with rain and damp in the air making them not work at all, this has since been fixed by buying the screw on back plates.  All 3 packed up all day in Italy because of the foggy air, well annoying, took prob 8 hours with the backs off and battery out to dry them in the sun!

One just seems dodgy always has, should have sent that back tbh.

Whilst I still like them to a degree, I am disappointed and wish I'd have upgraded to the best Fox alarms instead - but then again people say only the old fox ones were any good.

Truth is I'm stuck with Delks now so tuff titty for me 👎

Had Delkims for more years than I can remember but decided I wanted a change , just for a changes sake and bought the new Fox RX + , love the alarms but comparing battery life to Delkims is light years apart .

Delkims Batteries would last a couple of years at least, to be honest I dont know how long they last , and I fish most weekends , Fox at best 6 months , which reminds me I have to change them now AGAIN.

12 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Appreciate that mate. That’s decided it for me. Their a no go. Are they a case of fashion over form nowadays you think? 

I'm not talking about their brand new ones here, just the txi's by the way.

People have said that fox and delkim have dropped in standard overall since their early models, I cant say if that's true but my 20+ year old fox mx's work like new and the plastic back then was more robust, they never missed a beat and literally took on all conditions no prob whatsoever.

Make of that what you will.

Take your time and look at all the options - I guess its function over fashion at the end of the day, mine were banging in my head - just not lived upto the hype.

6 hours ago, dayvid said:

Had Delkims for more years than I can remember but decided I wanted a change , just for a changes sake and bought the new Fox RX + , love the alarms but comparing battery life to Delkims is light years apart .

Delkims Batteries would last a couple of years at least, to be honest I dont know how long they last , and I fish most weekends , Fox at best 6 months , which reminds me I have to change them now AGAIN.

Average 3 years on a set of Duracell batteries for me with Delkims. 

In fact it is the dongle batteries that are my main bugbear, 3months if I am lucky!

It's going to be interesting to see how long the batteries last in the Delks. The EV+ models have the "night marking" LED's which aren't switchable, so they are permanently on even during daylight hours. Plug the slimlite bobbins in, and they are also on all the time.  

55 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Are yours older model delks mate? Should I maybe look at an older set as the newer ones arnt sitting well with me after much research and deliberation 

Purchased around 2001. They really are around 18years old.