What have you forgotten today?

elmoputney

8 hours ago, framey said:

Ding dong the witch is dead the wicked witch the wicked witch.....

It was the snotty bream witch, 2:30am just after I'd finally fallen asleep after a bout of bankside Insomnia, going to be a long day today I think 

I think I am done with bream now, I would rather blank even though it was probably about 8lb+ 

21 hours ago, elmoputney said:

You are only allowed to post what you have forgotten here whilst on the bank, 

Today I have forgotten my jogging bottoms, you may notice I have my socks though 

And also there was a big dirty rat by my rods 

Yesterday forgot to pack a chair for little en...My beanie mat (luckily mate had cradle)...

Another 48hr planned for 30th August so dont wanna forget nout this time.

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

They are just lulling you into a false sense of security, they are going to slime you baaaaad one day 

The waters I’ve fished don’t hold many so I’ve been lucky....... that’s me jinxed now but I’m still the only long term member of our club whose not caught one,and they go quite big(8lb) which is a decent size for the north west. 

2 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

The waters I’ve fished don’t hold many so I’ve been lucky....... that’s me jinxed now but I’m still the only long term member of our club whose not caught one,and they go quite big(8lb) which is a decent size for the north west. 

That's lucky I think the average is about 8lb in there and there are more than the carp, I saw them spawning there was one that was massive a big double, that may get mistaken for a small tench if I hooked it 😁

On 5 August 2019 at 16:57, framey said:

I can never understand why anyone would purposely go out and fish for bream myself 

and to try and get 100 lb of them. 🤮

Big Dave was fishing for them today, he was chuffed he caught 3 @ 5lb each from the reservoir.

He now prefers the challenge of fishing for bream and roach on Alton more than carp fishing on Bromeswell.

I've not hooked any bream from the reservoir, yet, double 20mm boilies probably make that a tough proposition for them to pick up my bait.

Things I've forgotten; tackle box, more than once😖 and driven home 70miles on one occasion to collect it, bedchair

Some week ago I left my landing net (for fly fishing) at home. At the sunrise arrived at the lake, prepared my fly fish equipment and discovered the unique landing net Inthe car was a 42" (not good to take around a reservoir).

Imagine a fly fisherman, with a 42" landing net inside a t-shirt. That was me 😂

I’m normally quite organised gear wise,did forget my net once but was local so a mate brought his down........ my big downfall is normally food/drink. I’m terrible,Day session with matey boy and was my turn to take the food....... bacon saus egg black pud left cooker at home we ended up with crisp buttys 🙄🙄 

Kettle was one of my faves...... no kettle no brew got plenty of stick for that one.

while perch fishing a few years back left my cup at home so it was Bombay Bad Boy for breakfast and big pots of tea all day 🙄🙄🔥🔥😂😂

889EB00A-B961-4FCD-BBA7-6A8B6F708C12.png

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎07‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 17:19, snowmanstevo said:

I’m normally quite organised gear wise,did forget my net once but was local so a mate brought his down........ my big downfall is normally food/drink. I’m terrible,Day session with matey boy and was my turn to take the food....... bacon saus egg black pud left cooker at home we ended up with crisp buttys 🙄🙄 

Kettle was one of my faves...... no kettle no brew got plenty of stick for that one.

while perch fishing a few years back left my cup at home so it was Bombay Bad Boy for breakfast and big pots of tea all day 🙄🙄🔥🔥😂😂

889EB00A-B961-4FCD-BBA7-6A8B6F708C12.png

Been their with the pot noodle cup .

Pillow loads of times.

Bait on a few occasions.

Worst one was in went to my local about 5 am on a Sunday morning to find it empty , happy days.

Just setting up and I needed to go a loo so packed the stuff back in the car and made the 15 minute journey back home.

Got back , set everything up and realised I'd forgotten all my bait.

Everything back in the car etc.

Got back set everything up again , just cast out the 1st rod and the bailiff turns up and tells me the lake is shut for a club match.

Went back home and got drunk.

Edited by muftyboy

On 03/09/2019 at 18:25, muftyboy said:

Pillow loads of times.

Bait on a few occasions.

Worst one was in went to my local about 5 am on a Sunday morning to find it empty , happy days.

Just setting up and I needed to go a loo so packed the stuff back in the car and made the 15 minute journey back home.

Got back , set everything up and realised I'd forgotten all my bait.

Everything back in the car etc.

Got back set everything up again , just cast out the 1st rod and the bailiff turns up and tells me the lake is shut for a club match.

Went back home and got drunk.

You're not easily put off are you , Mufty ? .

The thing I don't understand is doesn't your local have any trees and bushes tucked away , and together with a trowel you wouldn't need to go home .? .

😃

28 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

It’s like the unspoken thing of fishing. And it’s something that’s gone through my mind. I don’t night fish often atal. But most the people on here do and go to waters without toilets. But what do they do when they need a pony? 😂😂😂. I’m genuinely intrigued as one day I will face this dilemma lol. 

Bait bucket (empty ) carrier bag insterted like a bin bag and baby wipes, wrap it in a couple of scented nappy bags and tie it head height up a tree so someone walks into it 😀

Edited by elmoputney