Any other tips for lightening up

1 hour ago, crusian said:

I remember a 'photo that Nick posted of his very discreet night time set up using a tarp. , very minimalistic and mobile .

You mean that one?

My doing a quick sneaky night over the park, and sometimes well hidden in the undergrowth

Camping sleep mat, tarp over the top, corner held up by a storm pole.

Tackle box, rods and landing net strapped together with hairbands, rucksack with food, flask and pod in bag with buzzers and indicators. Looks like unhooking mat used as a pillow

image.jpeg

I have a JRC x lite chair and the Avid lo... and oddly enough, the Avid causes me less probs than the X lite, which kills my back... I've mastered "The Roll Out" of the Avid and wobble upright... (eventually)

With the ultralite kit... a lot of our banks are stepped, so I can park me 'Arris on a mat and sit quite upright... I can't do it everywhere though...  I think either Avid or Sonik do a chair along the same lines as the Avid but taller and more upright.. I may investigate that... Chairs are a bit  funny really... What may seem comfy in a quick sit down in the shop could be blooming purgatory for 8 hours on a bankside.

9 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

You mean that one?

My doing a quick sneaky night over the park, and sometimes well hidden in the undergrowth

Camping sleep mat, tarp over the top, corner held up by a storm pole.

Tackle box, rods and landing net strapped together with hairbands, rucksack with food, flask and pod in bag with buzzers and indicators. Looks like unhooking mat used as a pillow

image.jpeg

Yep that's the one Nick , makes you look ex SAS .

😀

15 hours ago, crusian said:
22 hours ago, bluelabel said:

That's very interesting Blue. , but I thought you suffered with your back and knees ? .

I think my knees would protest the next day if I sat on a Lo Chair other than for a short period of time , and the same for sitting on a mat or the grass ; I am better off sitting on my JRC Xlite Chair at 3kg

some of us suffer with ailments such has bad joints or back so its not easy to compromise comfort for lighter weights

I need a large bedchair which wont fit into smaller shelters so I just try and keep the justins to a minimum

I am in this boat now.. at 60 my body won't let my head do what it wants to do... I'm going to have to start buying ready tied rigs as my eyes won't let me see properly to tie my own... its taken over 2 hours to tie 5 rigs for maggots😭

As you get older comfort is needed and finding that comfort is hard work (and expensive)😭

Something for you, a fishing chair supposedly goes flat, which can make it a pain to carry. Mine gets put inside my Chub Beanie unhooking mat, and strapped to my Korum ruckbag when I am pike, roach or chub fishing, which can involve a lot of roving. Getting up can be quite a trial if my body and bones are aching.

I actually found for carp fishing a standard folding camping chair easier and more comfortable. One of those can fit in many rod slings or brolly holdalls with the brolly.

They are also cheaper coming from camping style shops!

https://www.sportsdirect.com/gelert-camping-chair-787052?colcode=78705290&awc=5374_1549561124_439a72f614deb46d8babdb47dd090bf6&utm_source=Affiliatewindow&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=RedBrain+Ltd

Years ago I had to minimise my gear for fishing on a reservoir with gates and stiles to go through and over, so a trolley was an impossibility.

Tackle box, rod holdall with brolly or Roamer Dome/Nash Outlaw Hurricane shelter, bedchair, rucksack with all other gear in. This worked for days, overnighters or longer sessions.

All my food, water, stove and bait etc went in the rucksack, with mat strapped to it. The tackle box all the end tackle was in there. Rod holdall had the rods, net and shelter in. My bedchair had the sleeping bag already in.

The best item I have purchased over the years to help me lighten the load has been a Korda Tacklesafe with matching Compac 140 zip up case.

An amazing bit of kit, can't imagine fishing without it now. And I'm not a Korda "fanboy" but credit where it's due.

https://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/korda-tackle-safe-korda-compac-zip-up-case-large-140

On 06/02/2019 at 14:19, bluelabel said:

Korum Fibershield 50" brolly or Nash Scope Ops ( folds up small and clips onto the Nash Dwarf 2 rod)

Wondered what the clips were for

I had one of these brollys and it was a pain to get the  ribs joints lined  up on the inside 

Tip # 3,990.... take a look at your lead pouch.... how many do you actually need....??? I took mine out of my rucky weighed it and it went nearly 7lbs😲

took most of em out... I have a 2 rod setup and I have 3 leads each of 1oz 1.5oz 2oz and 2.5oz... and that's it (a few .5 and .75oz bombs too)

Much smaller pouch too.. one of the little Advanta ones, (more room for bait or lunch☺️)

Tip #3,991 buy a MUCH smaller rucky not a carryall... the rucky will leave both hands free and if the bag is smaller you WILL cut your gear down to suit... kinda justifies buying the smaller rucky then...👍

Tip #3,992 buy a Korum mat they are well padded big enough for a 30lb carp and small enough to clip to the Korum small system rucksack

50 minutes ago, yonny said:

Good advice bluelabel.

I tend to carry spare leads in the car, also spare bait (bait tends to be the heaviest thing I take fishing, certainly in summer and autumn anyway).

I've started  doing this now too.

I've got a shroud and love it  I really put the brolly up if it raining or really windy in winter 

7 hours ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

It’s a shroud mate, means your bedchair is water proof when sleeping under the stars.

38CAAF2D-28FA-4231-B8CD-95DF27741D81.png

Why the heck didn't I patent the idea?

Think my pic was long before the shroud was invented. I could have been a miwyeonaire😖😆😱

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Anybody got the new four fold Nash bed? Not even sure if it's out yet. Wonder if this is better to carry when not using a barrow

It’s fantastic and in the shops now. The whole idea behind it is so it won’t bang on the back of your legs when carrying it. Obviously, it needs to be lightweight to carry as well. 

The bait I take on a 12 hour overnighters weighs more than the bed chair!