Catapult

i have got the ESP boilie pult, accurate up to prob 70+ yards? great for getting particle out to 20ish yds too  :lol:

Another vote for the ESP one, I currently have the Cygnet one at the minute which is good for grouping boilies at short range but struggles over 60 yards

I broke my last one and did considerable research before opting for a slightly different approach to the Boilie launching practise, Currently building one of these bad boys although i'm doubtful it will fit on my Barra.

I may have to purchase a Drennan as a back up option should this turn out to be overkill :mrgreen:

Match%20Katty_zpskyomf0ps.jpg

Could you give reasons for both points please [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an ESP one, it's not that great for range, the elastics feel a little soft, there better for particles up to medium range.

I like drennan, better elastics, better cups, just better all round, plus you can get spares

They're all absolutely rubbish fella!

On average I go through about 4 a year and believe me when I say I've been through all of them.

- The ESP lasts quite well but the pouch warps rendering accuracy none existent. Then the elastic goes.

- The Atomic lasts well but the pouches aint strong enough, they rip along the fibres and seams.

- Drennan, the elastic aint as good as other carp 'pults, it goes in no time.

- Fox - DO NOT EVEN GO THERE! If you have one last a whole session you're lucky.

- Gardner, same as the Drennan, the elastic aint up to proper use.

- Black Widows do last forever but the pouch isn't suitable for bait (and it's almost impossible to change it).

So the winner is (and I never thought I'd say this).... the Korda heavy duty one. It's pretty average for accuracy and for distance but it does last better than the others. The weak point is where the elastic connects to the pouch and it has cable ties on to hold it in place. These can easily be replaced when they break (and they do) so it lasts quite well. My current one has lasted all season so far which is unheard of for me.

Don't get me wrong, it's still rubbish (I've had to replace the cable ties twice already), but it's still going which is all I ask!

Could you give reasons for both points please [emoji16]

The ESP no matter what I did gave me knuckle wrap. The elastic was too soft for any decent distance unless you pulled it back with a four foot extending arm, and the pouch just felt totally uncomfortable to load and use.

The Drennan feels right, the elastic is the right thickness and length to get a reasonable distance, after changing the pouch for a smaller one it is very rare to get knuckle wrap.

Yonny makes a point about Drennan elastic, I don't have an issue, but it may be because I remove the pouch and the pegs holding it on. I push the elastic through the new pouch holes, and cable tie it in place.

As a habit of overkill, I also cable tie the elastic onto the arms.

So now I'll change the goal posts.....long range doesn't matter to me.....I have a couple of throwing sticks so really the pult would be for anything just over "thrown in by hand" range and the mid range stuff. Does that change anything for anyone?

am with most on here when I say the Drennan is the best of a bad bunch.

Contrevesially I have done alright with an old Fox swinghead which has been through many elastics and at least a couple of pouches but I like it and it gets me on the knuckles less than all the others (worth looking out for if any old stock still out there).

Cheers Ian

am with most on here when I say the Drennan is the best of a bad bunch.

Contrevesially I have done alright with an old Fox swinghead which has been through many elastics and at least a couple of pouches but I like it and it gets me on the knuckles less than all the others (worth looking out for if any old stock still out there).

Cheers Ian

A bit like triggers broom then!! Lol