Rigs you are using now?

beza26

I've gone back to using long 18"+ mono hooklinks, knotless knotted, sometimes wonder why I ever changed away from this.

Exactly what i do if i know theres shallow weed/algae about phil .

Sits nicely on top of it :)

Don't have any pics but I'll see what I can do.

Simple explanation: Size 6 hook, not too fussed about make but I do try and use either Gamakatsu G-Point Super or ESP Big T Raptor, usually size 6 with a wafter on the hair or size 4 if I'm using a pop up (I use Krill ATM and find these sizes work best with the buoyancy of their pop ups). I use Jel E Wire for hooklink, strip back 3 inches, tie a loop, pop hookbait on to get separation between bait and hook right, then just knotless knot. I tend to wrap the hooklink around the shank at least 10 times and then another 2 on the other side of the hair, this kicks the hair out from the shank nicely. Then rather than just passing the hooklink thru the eye I wrap it a couple of times back around on the way back to the eye, just adds a bit more strength (in my mind anyway). I tend to fish short links, no more than 6 inches. If I'm using a wafter then I just strip a little of the coating away around an inch from the eye to act as a hinge. I do the same for a pop up but a little nearer the eye and add putty on the stripped back coating. I may use a kicker or heat shrink if the fish are getting away with it. Always use a rig tag end thingy to cover the far end and the swivel, just for neatness.

That make sense at all?

079_zps1c49f0a5.jpg

two versions of the rig that have worked best for me this year

082_zps439ca729.jpg

both on coated braid (esp two tone15lb) to a mugga size 8,

top rig is for double 14mm boilie on the hair and a string of soluble nash donuts,

bottom is a hinged version for fishing a snowman or popped up corn over particles

note the aggressive angle of the aligner and the way the hair comes off the bottom of the hook, gets em every time :wink:

• 1 month later...

This is my main bottom rig, a combi tied with korda iq2 to kryston merlin and a size 6 gardner mugga. Attached via a non slip loop onto a quick change swivel.

Sometimes I'll add putty over the knot but in this instance I'm using pva sticks to keep everything tangle free.

uvetu6ut.jpg9y8e9usy.jpg

I normally cover shot in putty,only a small layer so its balanced

Thats the way philip though i've never had a pinger yet :wink:

I've actually just had another look and admired how neat it looks .

I , and this is just me , would be using a smaller pop up .

Edited by newmarket