What will I forget??

mattgroves

I'm creating a rather comprehensive list of things to take for the France trip this year. I've never done a drive'n'survive trip, in fact my only other trip was 6 years ago, so I'm far from a veteran!

I think I've got everything covered, but just wanted to see what are the things I'm likely to have omitted/forgotten about?

Or to put it another way, what items have you forgotten or wished you had?

I'mguessing the stuff you are most likely to forget is the stuff you need that isn't fishing related, if you are like me you will prObablu have gone over the tackle/bivi list loads etc

With that in mind do you have to stuff you need to be legal to drive in France ( his vis vest, first aid kit, spare bulbs etc ) which all cars must have at all times ? On occasions they do check ( and do fine )

Aside from that, take your rods and reels and some bait :wink:

I think making a list is the way to go, every time you think of something add it to the list , i have one stored on the computer for overnighters it

includes everything down to pot noodles , different items of clothing and cutlery . Before the list i managed to leave such items as trolley handles , alarms, plates , cups and lord knows what else.

high viz jacket and red triangle

and spare bulbs and a breath tester (altohugh not sure if this is in yet)

also have you checked your french lake is registered, there is some whohar at the mo about french lakes being raided who arent registered and anglers being sent home.

I took loads of stuff to france I didn't use, just pack what you would for a session here but more bait, gas and food.

Chinky,

There are 680 Aldi stores in France, so that should not be to big of problem.

Your remark about the quality doesn't stick also.

In a test done by the dutch consumer authority they came out as the best ones. Check Google before judging the mighty fine Aldi Power Towers again! :wink:

Chinky,

There are 680 Aldi stores in France, so that should not be to big of problem.

Your remark about the quality doesn't stick also.

In a test done by the dutch consumer authority they came out as the best ones. Check Google before judging the mighty fine Aldi Power Towers again! :wink:

Jeez....

680 eh?

L M A O :lol::shock::lol:

Don't forget your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) you can get one of these free on line.

Also get a Green Card from your car / van insurer. This includes a French Accident Report Form that you are expected to carry along with your Certificate of Motor Insurance. Your normal comprehensive insurance often reverts to just third party when abroad so ask them about that too.

Have a good trip!

Simmo

bait armour just in case you come across poison chat, :D

Brilliant tip.

I went once to a lake that was supposed to be "crayfish and poison chat free" and got hammered by them for three days, till I went out to decathlon and got some hookers with plastic around them.

a power pack/battery charger for your phone, well handy! bait armour just in case you come across poison chat, life saver believe me. cork screw :D

yes i can see there might be a problem regarding these as france has some blackhole areas,especially in the rural areas

This is something i need to find out ! pointless takeing one if there is not a signal .. and someone mentioned bartteries for alarms etc.

Thought about buying a windup up lantern and several large rechargeable lanterns / torches... (these i get anyone for uk fishing) battery could be a problem to take abroad. and as someone said they are very expensive in france..

Petrol in france is more expensive so might be worth buying a couple of jerry cans (metal) especially if hireing a van ..

Yeah, unleaded for the Coleman was something I hadn't quite worked out, was thinking more about the fumes ruining bait, but now you mention it the car filling with fumes and exploding (A-Team style) as I spark up a duty free driving off the ferry would not be a good day out!