rig camouflage.

sgtsmiffy

if differs from lake to lake,some are prolific night waters, others you cant buy a bite at night .

some thing to think about though is whether you want rig camouflage or rig concealment :idea: to some anglers its the same thing,others it a totally different approach

most of my fishing is a week at a time so you tend to see apattern form over the week .

i have had the odd fish during the day but all if not most are at night , is this because the rigs are not seen at night .the lakes i fish are 35-40acers in size 4-6ft deep manliy clay bottomed itry to keep my rigs simple and match the lakebed as well as the next man, are we catching more at night becuase the rig is nigh on invisible

I notice alot of anglers are saying they catch more at night well for me i have never caught at night i would say my best time first sunlight i seem to catch more ? and steadily through out the day but at night not a nibble ?

This just goes to show that every water is different, though i would say that sun up is def a brilliiant time on most waters. I've fished waters that very rarely produce during the day and others that prodominently fish better in the hours of sunlight, sometimes they just eat when they feel like it!!!!! Surely this is why we love our sport, because as long as there is a bait in the water, camoflauged or not, there is always a chance!!!

• 3 years later...

I've brought this back from the Abyss, as I was going through my photobucket and found a couple of rig pics I took on a lake.

It is not the most coloured water, yet even up close and personal, it is almost impossible to see the actual rig underwater.

I know the hookbaits are easily visible, I know that on one it is possible to see the tubing, and looking carefully, the lead.

These pics may have been taken in the margins, but just how visible is the rig out in the main lake where the water is deeper and visbility not so clear. Is the main lake going to be so clear in gravel as it is in the top picture?

VPHl5gq5Sq1.jpg

Rigandtubing.jpg

As an add, from the top picture, I did actually catch a carp from that spot!