30's waters

dave_3

Kingfisher Lake - Bluebell Lakes

One fish out of every two is 30+ and 6 x 40's - not bad for a day ticket water!

Another good water. and again busy but thats the price you pay for a good session on a decent dayticket water. :)

Mate - its been very quiet since the big 2 died - as you now have the lakes almost to yourself there cant be a better time to fish there! :wink:

i went in september kev and it was rammed, the only lake that wasnt was sandmartin and that had more on then id ever seen, but then thats been giving up a few so i expected more than usual

I went for 5 days in Sept mate - there were only 4 of us on Kingy, about the same on Swan and a fair few on Bluebell dont know about the others. By the Friday when I was packing up about 8 were on Kingy for the weekend - considering it was supposed to be big feed time I was amazed how few were down there.

Went again Jan 1st - only 3 of us on Kingy - none on Swan couple on the others. Tony said it had been really quiet all winter.

Fact is if he doesn't get 2 new 60's he's gonna loose loads of money as so many were only there for a chance of the big 2 - sad but true :roll:

At least now you have a much better chance of getting a prime spot and the opportunity to move onto fish. When I arrived Sunday for my Sept

session I had the choice of all my favoured swims as only 2 were on it :shock:8)

Considering I've counted 17 bivvies on Swan Lake mid week during a cold late March session in the past it seems deserted by comparison now! - a good time to go catch some whackers I say.

following a debate with friends:

if you could only choose 1 day ticket water that give you the best chance of a 30+, what one would it be?

i chose sandhurst (yately) but they shot me down

If I could avoid the idiots then it would be Suffolk Water Park.

Problem it is expensive compared to the cost of a Season ticket, and because of the numbers of Big fish it gets rammed most days, and unfortunately that includes a large number of numpties.

Kev he wont really lose money will he. Just wont make as much for a short period. They just need to re brand the fishery.

Mate loads and loads (many thousands) of people came to catch Benson and Creature full stop! The Don and Frank Warwick did a fair amount of time on Swan no doubt hoping for the creature.

People seem to travel absolutely miles to fish the place - but with the big 2 gone (60's) theres probably somewhere nearer to them with 30's and the odd 40 in to keep them happy? It was the lure of a UK 60 that drew a good portion of customers in - surely a large enough percentage to seriously damage income. Worrying enough for Tony to immediately consider trying to find replacements! Hopefully though he will not panic and choose to leave the stock alone and just wait a couple more years for existing fish to take their place - which I'm sure they will.

Afterall one of the 40's is borderline 50 now.

Kev he wont really lose money will he. Just wont make as much for a short period. They just need to re brand the fishery.

Mate loads and loads (many thousands) of people came to catch Benson and Creature full stop! The Don and Frank Warwick did a fair amount of time on Swan no doubt hoping for the creature.

People seem to travel absolutely miles to fish the place - but with the big 2 gone (60's) theres probably somewhere nearer to them with 30's and the odd 40 in to keep them happy? It was the lure of a UK 60 that drew a good portion of customers in - surely a large enough percentage to seriously damage income. Worrying enough for Tony to immediately consider trying to find replacements! Hopefully though he will not panic and choose to leave the stock alone and just wait a couple more years for existing fish to take their place - which I'm sure they will.

Are there not 50`s in there anyway?

Kev i know it will affect the income of the fishery in the short term but they wont lose money (meaning it is still profitable)

The stocks are fine and they should not look at just replacing the fish that have been lost, The creature was one of those that just appeared from nowhere and i dont think thats right at this time. Then again who knows whats swimming around the stock ponds waiting to go in. There might be a couple of biggies that are being darkened off in uk waters as we speak as to not look so susspisious when they get caught for the first time...... Maybe.... you never know. :lol::lol:

yeah its got to be sandhurst,used to fish there about 10yrs ago before it went day ticket,my cousin has been a baliff on there for probably 12yrs and he says its amazing the number of big fish in there now,and all of them are pukka ones

I had my PB best from there and it was a leather, beautiful fish. Good day ticket water, was on the lakes with the animal park where the paying public can walk around the lake as well.

Another lake i have fished which is fantastic is buryhill fisheries in surrey. Not so much for the catch rate, got a lot of small carp in there, only ever pulled out carp on average, about 15 pounds. It's more for the pure beauty of the main lake, and other lakes, just a very well thought out day ticket venue. Also something to commend, it has the biggest filtration system in Europe, I think? Working on the main lake, for the summer months when the water is lacking in oxygen. Plan on doing a bit of winter piking on there in a few weeks.

Dont think so - there are 6 40's in Kingy no 50's

The 'Z' fish in Swan Lake is usually 49 but was caught last year at 52 though the people I have spoken to say that it was definately mis-weighed - I think it even came out later that year at 49

To me the lakes at Bluebell seem to be super rich in natural food - they always have been. The record fish in each species tells you thats the case.

The small stockies that were flooded into Swan have gone 30+ in a short period of time and all of the lakes hold 30's so I cant see it being long until we see another huge fish. Plus theres always the chance of a previously uncaught whacker coming from Sandmartin or Mallard as some have been seen.

Coops: Yes I'm sure the business will be OK too - afterall it is a very decent venue in peaceful surroundings.

I tried Elsons for the first time on Jan 1st but it didnt thaw quick enough so I ended up on Kingy instead - just my luck ! You could see the fish moving about in the small un-frozen bit right in the middle - teasing me :lol: Next time eh

Dont think so - there are 6 40's in Kingy no 50's

The 'Z' fish in Swan Lake is usually 49 but was caught last year at 52 though the people I have spoken to say that it was definately mis-weighed - I think it even came out later that year at 49

To me the lakes at Bluebell seem to be super rich in natural food - they always have been. The record fish in each species tells you thats the case.

The small stockies that were flooded into Swan have gone 30+ in a short period of time and all of the lakes hold 30's so I cant see it being long until we see another huge fish. Plus theres always the chance of a previously uncaught whacker coming from Sandmartin or Mallard as some have been seen.

Coops: Yes I'm sure the business will be OK too - afterall it is a very decent venue in peaceful surroundings.

I tried Elsons for the first time on Jan 1st but it didnt thaw quick enough so I ended up on Kingy instead - just my luck ! You could see the fish moving about in the small un-frozen bit right in the middle - teasing me :lol: Next time eh

Maybe thats the one im thinking of then, remember seeing on their website in the gallery a 50 something had been out. Fancy going back there this year for a trip, nice place