Fishing After The Rain

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Hi Everyone

I'm kicking myself for not going fishing today , but after 2 days of rain I'm trying to convince myself that the fish wouldn't be biting anyway ; would they ? .

πŸ€”

Β 

πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€£πŸ€£

It's the setting up/packing down I hate when it's raining, you got all the faff of trying to dry it all at homeπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

I'm looking at a day ticket on a new res for tomorrow, but heavy rain is on the forecast and I can't bring myself to do it 🀣

My best session was 24 hours in storm, probably shouldn't of been fishing with a red weather warning but in the space of 5 hours I done 4 20s, believe two was a 27 and a 29, then a pb common of 31.5 πŸ€™

It was really weird conditions, the sky went like a moody yellow colour, torrential rain with a stream of water running out from under the ground sheet and it was really close and humid. At one point I was bringing in a fish with the tip under the water because i had lightning cracking above 😭🀣

Β 

Β 

Β 

The number of times I've caught in the rain.

I've caught in rain so heavy that it poured off my waterproof jacket and my boots were squelching as they were full.

If anything I think the low pressure unsettled weatherΒ  increases the feeding urge over high pressure and just the 'occasional snack', especially if it is with a south or westerly based wind.

Β 

I must admit I do hate packing away a wet bivvy though; wrapping the umbrella up in a dripping wet groundsheet is not fun.

4 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Everyone

I'm kicking myself for not going fishing today , but after 2 days of rain I'm trying to convince myself that the fish wouldn't be biting anyway ; would they ? .

πŸ€”

Β 

I've had a some nice fish after the rain and nw wind when the waters all dirtied up. Less chance of them spooking off your rig. They have to rely more on the sences rather than sight aswell

Only ever caught from one venue after the rain

23 hours ago, crusian said:

I'm trying to convince myself that the fish wouldn't be biting anyway ; would they ? .

πŸ€”

Low pressure after a period of warm weather...... hate to say it but you can't get much better conditions!😟

On 07/07/2024 at 08:00, crusian said:

Hi Everyone

πŸ€”

Β 

I think generally I feel more confident before, during and after rain, it's a weather event and can trigger feeding.

You blew your opportunity - just like Yonny says lol 🀣

In all honesty I think I've packed up during rain and bought back soaked kit less than a handful of times over all those years, theres usually a window to get the job done.

2 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

In all honesty I think I've packed up during rain and bought back soaked kit less than a handful of times over all those years, theres usually a window to get the job done.

I wish that happened Saturday morning.

I'd checked the forecast and was aiming to pack up between 11 and 12 once the rain stopped, only it didn't...

I ended up reeling in, putting my rods in the sling then going to get the car and pack everything away and straight into the car leaving the bivvy until last.

The only good thing is I hadn't used the full groundsheet just the front.

Β 

Β 

26 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I'd checked the forecast and was aiming to pack up between 11 and 12 once the rain stopped, only it didn't...

I ended up reeling in, putting my rods in the sling then going to get the car and pack everything away and straight into the car leaving the bivvy until last.

Noddy mistake, should have done the extra night lol

8 hours ago, yonny said:

Low pressure after a period of warm weather...... hate to say it but you can't get much better conditions!😟

Β 

6 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

I think generally I feel more confident before, during and after rain, it's a weather event and can trigger feeding.

You blew your opportunity - just like Yonny says lol 🀣

I can just picture Yonny shaking his head in disbelief ; Yonny due to family commitments can't go fishing , and I'm handed perfect conditions , and then I bottle it ! .

Lesson learned then chaps .

I did have a poorly toe that I thought I would rest ; Β now it's Β  Nick's turn to shake his head as he still battles on with all his health problems .

πŸ˜”

Β 

3 minutes ago, crusian said:

Β 

I can just picture Yonny shaking his head in disbelief ; Yonny due to family commitments can't go fishing , and I'm handed perfect conditions , and then I bottle it ! .

I did have a poorly toe that I thought I would rest ; Β now it's Β  Nick's turn to shake his head as he still battles on with all his health problems .

πŸ˜”

Β 

Picture the 3 of us together shaking our heads and pointing at you 🀣

Poorly toe, bit of rain - not very Terry Hearn is it?Β πŸ€£πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Β 

πŸ˜”

Β 

To be fairΒ 

health and safety first and all thatΒ 

there was a couple of claps of thunder in the rain…

I was due to go out on the boat at the weekend 35mph winds so I bottled it lol

Edited by framey

i get to go fishing so rarely these days i would actually love a day in the rain listening to it and the odd sense of quiet it brings, as for catching though i tend to find i have done really well on my little water after a heavy downpour and often stayed longer than i planned as it has been productive.

9 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Noddy mistake, should have done the extra night lol

Didn't want to miss the England game...

Not the best game, but we got through.

5 hours ago, crusian said:

I didn't catch though...

Got to be in it to win it.

Β 

Β 

9 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Β 

Β 

And I set up again, get the bivvy dry and it's started raining again.

Sky has hidden away in the back of the bivvy to keep dry laying on the front portion of the groundsheet which I didn't put on this time.

20 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

after rain

Β 

12 hours ago, barry211 said:

after a heavy downpour

I agree with the above. In summer, that period following a downpour seems to be the one. You really notice it on that odd occasion there's no wind, it's warm, the rain stops, and immediately you start to see fizzing all over the lake. It's a lovely sight.