New purchases

B B

6 minutes ago, mrmud said:

I've only got the single ring version and that sounds like a jet when it I wack it up. Cooked this up on it other night 

IMG20240914220136.thumb.jpg.3f0cf1dc6d7e23ff558c62ce223a1332.jpg

12 hours ago, Higham1987 said:

Arrived this morning....

20240917_101823.thumb.jpg.20c6fc783a2f45127c628832c45fd00c.jpg

Boil a kettle in about 3 seconds 🤣🤣

Wife says this sounds like a plain taking off 🤣🤣

Edited by Higham1987

13 minutes ago, Higham1987 said:

Wife says this sounds like a plain taking off 🤣🤣

Mine does so can only imagine how load yours is. Bet it eats the gas on full power. I went for the single one as I thought gas would last longer.

Don't take your eyes off it for too long.

I killed my kettle as I put kettle on to brew, then had a bite and by the time I finished landing the fish it had boiled dry and melted the handle. There supposed to be really good in the wind though. 

28 minutes ago, mrmud said:

Mine does so can only imagine how load yours is. Bet it eats the gas on full power. I went for the single one as I thought gas would last longer.

I killed my kettle as I put kettle on to brew, then had a bite and by the time I finished landing the fish it had boiled dry and melted the handle. There supposed to be really good in the wind though. 

I've not gone for normal gas, gone for a perchance gas that should last longer (apparently)

I only tend to brew up for myself, I've got/had what mates call a selfish kettle that only does 1 brew 🤣🤣

Edited by Higham1987

9 hours ago, mrmud said:

I've only got the single ring version and that sounds like a jet when it I wack it up. Cooked this up on it other night 

IMG20240914220136.thumb.jpg.3f0cf1dc6d7e23ff558c62ce223a1332.jpg

Nice looking dinner that!

8 hours ago, mrmud said:

8 hours ago, Higham1987 said:

I've not gone for normal gas, gone for a perchance gas that should last longer (apparently)

I only tend to brew up for myself, I've got/had what mates call a selfish kettle that only does 1 brew 🤣🤣

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I did a small breakdown review of various makes of gas canisters here:

I'm still of the opinion that Coleman aren't the best, but are the cheapest of the 'premium' brands. There is possibly a link to a cheap eBay supplier for boxes of 6 Coleman £27.45 carriage free.

Brew up for yourself, you selfish man, 😂 

I'm the same, my Bialetti Coffee maker is exactly right for 1 mug. So if I offer coffee, you must be special for me to offer you one and put it on specifically for you.

1 minute ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I don't know if anyone remembers, but I did a small breakdown review of various makes of gas canisters here:

I'm still of the opinion that Coleman aren't the best, but are the cheapest of the 'premium' brands. There is possibly a link to a cheap eBay supplier for boxes of 6 Coleman £27.45 carriage free.

I'm the same, my Bialetti Coffee maker is exactly right for 1 mug. So if I offer coffee, you must be special for me to offer you one and put it on specifically for you.

Love a good coffee me

https://skullcrushercoffee.com/

Oooooo it's gooooood.

I can do 2 brews with it, but it will be half a cup 🤣🤣

8 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

TBF it went down a treat with a brew made with my 2 man kettle

I second that 😜.

Will have to see what deals I can find on the other brands. TBF I only went for the Coleman as it was £21.45 from tacletavern(did post a link on here the other week, probably why they went out of stock so fast 🤔).

A new spool of Gardner Pro light in 15lb, and some tip 'tectors

This year I have been plagued by pike fragging and biting my line, chasing Spombs, sitting in the margins or chasing small perch and tench in the clear areas.

Tonights job is take the old line off all 3 reels and replace it with new.

20240924_171628.jpg

2 hours ago, Higham1987 said:

OMC Mixed Grill Tackle Box (Empty)

Got it off a mate who bought a Fully Loaded Korda Tackle Box and Rig Box for £69....bargain.

Not a bad little box this, Decent locks, nice little Rig board...

Screenshot_20240924_145120_Gallery.thumb.jpg.6f7fe173b49ef959a6624c2dfa0cb0c5.jpg

Screenshot_20240924_145131_Gallery.thumb.jpg.326b86dc8e34b866447a33b4745a6712.jpg

Screenshot_20240924_145142_Gallery.thumb.jpg.dbb842b40cec667db0896a26b578a887.jpg

I just can’t bring myself to buy any OMC gear because of the stupid names they call their items

“oh I bought a touch me up today”

lol

imagine the stinky winky you would get in the pub…

Just found 3 more Shimano Beastmaster 7000 XTA's on the ebay.

Decided to get them so I can have the same reels on my 12ft 2.75lb TC Enduro's as I have on my 3.25lb The Ones.

It also means that I can get one set properly serviced.

Expensive week..

5x boat stands 

6mx4m pop up gazebo so don’t have to worry about the weather now!!

5x m16 wheel studs and nuts for the trailer lol

just need to find the correct size hose for the bearing flush outs.

then ready for a semi rebuild next month

don’t have to wait for anyone now I can just do it all when I’m ready.

get 3 18mm 4x2ft plywood boards tomorrow and cut them down in half to spread the weight.

1 minute ago, framey said:

Expensive week..

5x boat stands 

6mx4m pop up gazebo so don’t have to worry about the weather now!!

5x m16 wheel studs and nuts for the trailer lol

just need to find the correct size hose for the bearing flush outs.

then ready for a semi rebuild next month

don’t have to wait for anyone now I can just do it all when I’m ready.

get 3 18mm 4x2ft plywood boards tomorrow and cut them down in half to spread the weight.

Fishing equipment 

bought the grandson a short light 10ft pier rod as he really struggled with my beachcasters last week.

fair play to him he’s only 9 and gave it a go he won’t be beat or give up

Edited by framey

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

A new spool of Gardner Pro light in 15lb, and some tip 'tectors

This year I have been plagued by pike fragging and biting my line, chasing Spombs, sitting in the margins or chasing small perch and tench in the clear areas.

Tonights job is take the old line off all 3 reels and replace it with new.

20240924_171628.jpg😃

Not Hydrotuff then , Nick ? .

Is it because you are going for distance rather than a snag line ? .

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Not Hydrotuff then , Nick ? .

Is it because you are going for distance rather than a snag line ? .

There are no snags in the lake, the weed isn't a problem and doesn't frag the line. The problem is pikes teeth!

When I took the line off the  reels by hand I checked it, and it was only on the rod I fish over particles or groundbait. The rods and line I fish over only boilies had no problems with fragging.

I think that the pike sit just off the bait picking off silver fish over them and swim through the line, biting it off in the process.

The carp will push them away, or are too big to be spooked by the pike.

If I could fish just boilies I would, but the particle bed is often a 'bonus' fish or two.

Years ago I actually tested Gardner Pro for Richard Gardner and wrote reviews on it. It's actually pretty good and abrasion resistant.

27 minutes ago, yonny said:

Can't you just whack a leader on?

I've recently stopped using leaders in favour of ESP tungsten tubing. Sinks really well tbh. 

Fox inline lead with a fox tadpole insert with tubing. I don't push the lead on fully just onto the ridged bit then it can run free on a take, seems to be working quite well, I would like to find a company that does inlines with the same bore as fox as I want some bigger inline leads if anyone knows any that would be great? 

I also just bought a front for my axs shelter, I really like having a bivvy that goes up really quickly these days and with all that rain the other day I thought it would benefit a front so when I saw one for £45 it seemed like a good deal. I also bought 50m of ridgemonkey bait floss for £2.99, some fox Micro anti tangle sleeves and nearly 2000 metres of 8lb sufix line for £2.99 (will use for backing my spools)

Gotta love a good deal. 

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've recently stopped using leaders in favour of ESP tungsten tubing. Sinks really well tbh. 

Fox inline lead with a fox tadpole insert with tubing. I don't push the lead on fully just onto the ridged bit then it can run free on a take, seems to be working quite well, I would like to find a company that does inlines with the same bore as fox as I want some bigger inline leads if anyone knows any that would be great? 

I found a way to make fox leads slightly cheaper ebay TFT do packs of 5 so i got 5 4oz horizon in lines and also 5 4oz tri pears which will mean I catch more fish lol as the swivel sits "sub flush" so with a cost £2.18 a lead still not cheap but a lot better, and because I am not dropping them everytime it's manageable. Screenshot_20240925_093032_com_ebay_mobile_ViewItemActivity.jpg.5bae6d74a89d38dfc2de8358b2d15f0d.jpg

16 hours ago, framey said:

I just can’t bring myself to buy any OMC gear because of the stupid names they call their items

“oh I bought a touch me up today”

lol

imagine the stinky winky you would get in the pub…

Got a feeling there all based in Peeky Blinders 🤣🤣

Some of the stuff looks good, I do like the Lock Hooks to be fair.

14 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

There are no snags in the lake, the weed isn't a problem and doesn't frag the line. The problem is pikes teeth!

When I took the line off the  reels by hand I checked it, and it was only on the rod I fish over particles or groundbait. The rods and line I fish over only boilies had no problems with fragging.

I think that the pike sit just off the bait picking off silver fish over them and swim through the line, biting it off in the process.

The carp will push them away, or are too big to be spooked by the pike.

If I could fish just boilies I would, but the particle bed is often a 'bonus' fish or two.

Years ago I actually tested Gardner Pro for Richard Gardner and wrote reviews on it. It's actually pretty good and abrasion resistant.

That all makes sense to me , Nick .

If it isn't nuisance Bream it's Pike , what is a poor Carp Angler to do ! 🙄 .

7 hours ago, yonny said:

Can't you just whack a leader on?

I don't like using leaders anywhere in weedy or snaggy lakes. I'm always wary of the lead being able to come off by running over the leader knot, with the silkweed algae so bad this year it wouldn't be able to, so there might be a fish trailing a whole lot of rig, lead and leader.

1 hour ago, crusian said:

That all makes sense to me , Nick .

If it isn't nuisance Bream it's Pike , what is a poor Carp Angler to do ! 🙄 .

13 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

This might be controversial 😱

I think pike are a bigger nuisance than bream. 

I'll not argue with that!

I remember a Frank Warwick article where he was fishing over hemp and the fish suddenly going quiet, he reckoned pike were sitting over it or just off it keeping the other fish on tenterhooks. He proved it by casting a spinner over the hemp and landing a few to over 20lb.

I've had pike attack Spombs and spods, sitting in the margins, and near the particle bed

39 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I don't like using leaders anywhere in weedy or snaggy lakes. I'm always wary of the lead being able to come off by running over the leader knot, with the silkweed algae so bad this year it wouldn't be able to, so there might be a fish trailing a whole lot of rig, lead and leader.

I'll not argue with that!

I remember a Frank Warwick article where he was fishing over hemp and the fish suddenly going quiet, he reckoned pike were sitting over it or just off it keeping the other fish on tenterhooks. He proved it by casting a spinner over the hemp and landing a few to over 20lb.

I've had pike attack Spombs and spods, sitting in the margins, and near the particle bed

I've seen them doing that, just sitting there terrorising the poor rudd who just want to eat a free meal. They like yellow pop ups, waiting till you've broken your rod and reel and you are trying to retrieve your end tackle, following in my rigs, then just being so knackered they have to recover in the margins for a while. 

If pike were human they would definately take any opportunity to loot a greggs after 8 cans of Stella and a riot. 

40 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I've seen them doing that, just sitting there terrorising the poor rudd who just want to eat a free meal. They like yellow pop ups, waiting till you've broken your rod and reel and you are trying to retrieve your end tackle, following in my rigs, then just being so knackered they have to recover in the margins for a while. 

If pike were human they would definately take any opportunity to loot a greggs after 8 cans of Stella and a riot. 

Yellow pop-ups?

Any pop-up.

I'm not sure if I dare use yellow even though I sometimes put a bit of sweetcorn in the particle mix.

I landed one jack of about 4lb on a brown KMG pop-up, had one big double hit purple a Monster Crab and I had to stand holding it in the margins until it recovered enough to swim away.

Then the number of times I have been bitten off by the darn things on the syndicate, a few times reeling in a hookless hooklink.

As you say sitting in the margins being a pain and getting tangled in the line from your rod tip.

I'm honestly not sure how many small rudd and roach there are in the syndicate lake, it's mostly perch, tench, pike and carp, although I'm positive there is one shoal of big rudd around.

I think the pike are self predating, bigger females munching on jacks, although the biggest pike I landed from there is 23lb.

Done some more shopping this afternoon 

2 packs of korda sz11 spinner swivels #NoRing

2 packs of size 4 ESP trighammer XT 

1 pack or esp claw hammers size 4 

For an out the pack hook the esp range are pretty sharp, and the trig hammer XT is the right version of the trig hammer, it's a lot less flexible and still really sharp, I was getting loads of hooks coming back burred when using sharpened hooks, mainly when using wafters,so far the trig hammers have all came back sharp even with a straight point, although I think I will be switching more to pop ups again to try and beat the nuisance fish and that common this weekend restored my faith in the washed out pink proper jobs 🙏

4 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Fair play. But bare in mind you're leaving live rigs out there when the pike are cutting you off. Maybe change to lead clips and tubing?