The Actor Bait Boat

6 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi , has anyone used the above bait boat , and if so what did you think of it please ? .

😃

Yeh, a mate has 1, I've used it on 2 occasions.... OMG simple is an overstatement, all 1 handed controls, only used the middle hopper, didn't use the rear hopper. This would be no. 1 boat for me to buy, but the boat option has gone out window at moment. 

51 minutes ago, Highy said:

Yeh, a mate has 1, I've used it on 2 occasions.... OMG simple is an overstatement, all 1 handed controls, only used the middle hopper, didn't use the rear hopper. This would be no. 1 boat for me to buy, but the boat option has gone out window at moment. 

Excellent , that's just what I wanted to read , Highy .

I've read reviews online , but it's so much better to get a review from someone I " know " , and trust .

I don't know why you are not able to buy a Bait Boat at the moment , but I'm going to make a sneaky purchase 😁

6 minutes ago, crusian said:

Excellent , that's just what I wanted to read , Highy .

I've read reviews online , but it's so much better to get a review from someone I " know " , and trust .

I don't know why you are not able to buy a Bait Boat at the moment , but I'm going to make a sneaky purchase 😁

I'm out tomorrow hoping he brings it then again... 

It's not that I'm not able, I have the funds available, but if the wife found out... Its how, when, where from... She knows I wouldn't mind 1...so it MAY also be a sneaky purchase. 

Edited by Highy

4 minutes ago, Highy said:

I'm out tomorrow hoping he brings it then again... 

It's not that I'm not able, I have the funds available, but if the wife found out... Its how, when, where from... She knows I wouldn't mind 1...so it MAY also be a sneaky purchase. 

One day , Highy ,  you'll build your Wife the Taj Mahal ( out of pallets ) , and she won't have any reason to have a go at you ever again .

😁

7 minutes ago, crusian said:

One day , Highy ,  you'll build your Wife the Taj Mahal ( out of pallets ) , and she won't have any reason to have a go at you ever again .

😁

She's already asked to remove the Gazebo around the Hot Tub and build a wooden 1 around it attaching to the decking... Like the below..... Basically like the bar but bigger. 

443415fd3fd81bd1db1bfa89b6c9779b.thumb.jpg.e1c8e2bebca6c0c6d517bc038fb09fc4.jpg

Edited by Highy

23 minutes ago, Highy said:

She's already asked to remove the Gazebo around the Hot Tub and build a wooden 1 around it attaching to the decking... Like the below..... Basically like the bar but bigger. 

443415fd3fd81bd1db1bfa89b6c9779b.thumb.jpg.e1c8e2bebca6c0c6d517bc038fb09fc4.jpg

Well I guess that's the price you pay for being for such a clever fella when it comes to D.I.Y , Highy .

I'm basically useless at D.I.Y. , so I just pay for someone to do the job , or pay for the materials that my Wife needs 

😁

14 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I bought one of these second hand last night.

Gonna have a play about with it tomorrow after work. 

I'll let you know how I find it. 

Not being nosey, but what you pay? Seen 1 other day going for bids, it went nearly retail. 

17 minutes ago, Highy said:

Not being nosey, but what you pay? Seen 1 other day going for bids, it went nearly retail. 

It was 8 months old, paid 140 with a nice padded bag. 

I like the headlight position, it's raised so should give good visual at night and it's so small and light.

The proof will be tomorrow when I try it out on water. 

2 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

It was 8 months old, paid 140 with a nice padded bag. 

I like the headlight position, it's raised so should give good visual at night and it's so small and light.

The proof will be tomorrow when I try it out on water. 

Bargain that... Still wouldn't mind 1 in my armery. 

On 05/05/2021 at 22:38, Highy said:

Bargain that... Still wouldn't mind 1 in my armery. 

Tried it out earlier, it's a tidy little boat. 

So easy to use and control and glides across the lake and turns on a sixpence. 

Doubt if you'd got more than a kilo combined in both hoppers but that's plenty for me. 

Not sure what it would be like in very windy conditions as its so light. 

On 06/05/2021 at 23:27, muftyboy said:

Tried it out earlier, it's a tidy little boat. 

So easy to use and control and glides across the lake and turns on a sixpence. 

Doubt if you'd got more than a kilo combined in both hoppers but that's plenty for me. 

Not sure what it would be like in very windy conditions as its so light. 

Thanks very much , Mufty .

I'm pleased that you like the Actor as well as Highy as I have bought a new one , and I hope to try mine out tomorrow .

😃

22 hours ago, crusian said:

Thanks very much , Mufty .

I'm pleased that you like the Actor as well as Highy as I have bought a new one , and I hope to try mine out tomorrow .

😃

I think you'll like it mate. 

I'm gonna use mine for fishing later in the week as my club are now allowing boats on one of the lakes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2021 at 13:52, crusian said:

Hi , has anyone used the above bait boat , and if so what did you think of it please ? .

😃

I have the GPS model and its a breeze. Press the marker and send it out and dont even need to hold the one-handed handset because it arrives at the mark and drops the bait then all you do is press HOME and set your rods as it arrives back on its own. Its so light as well. Its so good you forget how fragile it could be but works so well independently once its set up. It did take me a while to understand the controls but that was more a confidence thing. I have had BB's for years but never one you just press a button and let it do its thing. The GPS is meant to only be accurate to within two yards. I found it accurate to within a couple of feet so yeah, I'm a big fan. If anything, I wish hey were more expensive so less would use them. LOLOLOLOL

49 minutes ago, mouldyoldough said:

I have the GPS model and its a breeze. Press the marker and send it out and dont even need to hold the one-handed handset because it arrives at the mark and drops the bait then all you do is press HOME and set your rods as it arrives back on its own. Its so light as well. Its so good you forget how fragile it could be but works so well independently once its set up. It did take me a while to understand the controls but that was more a confidence thing. I have had BB's for years but never one you just press a button and let it do its thing. The GPS is meant to only be accurate to within two yards. I found it accurate to within a couple of feet so yeah, I'm a big fan. If anything, I wish hey were more expensive so less would use them. LOLOLOLOL

don't worry the more people that use them the more places will ban them, gimmie an afternoon on any lake with one and that would be that for everyone in no time :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

don't worry the more people that use them the more places will ban them, gimmie an afternoon on any lake with one and that would be that for everyone in no time :mrgreen:

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

You could you try one of these Carpbell...

641CBB15-EC7B-4706-B04C-916482A032C3.jpeg

14 hours ago, B B said:

You could you try one of these Carpbell...

641CBB15-EC7B-4706-B04C-916482A032C3.jpeg

mate it's no joke after my dog went walk about on stanwicks they banned dogs a few months later, due to covid? the amount of people that was winging when i recalled the the dog was building? all i will say is when you are at stanies, don't tell anyone if you have had a fish  and most of all don't tell when leaving every time on mallard it ended up with me trying to pack away and several anglers trying to set up and that is not due to a lack of pegs during this i lost track of which way the dog went, if i would of ran around looking for him he would not of got a bearing on where i was so things got loud real loud,

On 22/05/2021 at 17:59, Highy said:

Using mates with him... 

Screenshot_20210522_175447.thumb.jpg.be9da89167f2ead5f3bca3102a502644.jpg

Hello Highy

I notice that you have your ledger in the largest hopper with the hooklength draped over the bow of the boat ; I have only had 1 play with my boat so far , and chose to place my ledger in the back hopper with the hooklength then dropping into the largest hopper with some rig foam masking the hook point to stop it catching on something as the ledger falls out off the rear hopper dragging the rest of the rig with it .

Do you feed your mainline from underneath the boat into the largest hopper , only I wondered if when you shut the hopper " gate " the mainline might get crimped ? .

😃

On 29/05/2021 at 15:49, mouldyoldough said:

Thanks , Mouldy .

😃

4 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hello Highy

I notice that you have your ledger in the largest hopper with the hooklength draped over the bow of the boat ; I have only had 1 play with my boat so far , and chose to place my ledger in the back hopper with the hooklength then dropping into the largest hopper with some rig foam masking the hook point to stop it catching on something as the ledger falls out off the rear hopper dragging the rest of the rig with it .

Do you feed your mainline from underneath the boat into the largest hopper , only I wondered if when you shut the hopper " gate " the mainline might get crimped ? .

😃

I would assume the gate for the hopper isn't under enough tension to cut through the line tbh from all the vids I've watched of it most seem to do this tbh, 

I am getting really tempted to get one BTW lol