Anyone fishing at the moment?

jh92

7 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Been there, done that, went back to it, tried to make the relationship work, and failed. 

Liz actually used to enjoy fishing together, us and the children. Come to that I know my son was conceived in a bivvy... 

She just couldn't understand fishing was important for me to unwind. 

I understand completely what your saying about the unwind there’s just something relaxing about being by that water trying to outwit an animal that is king of its domain at one with nature

6 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

I don’t know what i would have done without fishing, especially after the ptsd diagnosis. I’m itching to get out on the bank again, 

just seen the weather forecast for next week, it’s going to be mild with temps around 12 degrees... gonna get out Monday! 

Best of luck ouch hope the carp gods look down on you 

17 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Carp no3 7-9lb (ish) unhooked in the net. 3rd fish from 4 runs so far, bumped one fish off and found the hook point turned over. Was using trig-hammers, now switched to fox wide gapes as I’m having to hit and hold, fishing to reeds on the other side. 

94CCE2DC-9133-4CB9-9C5D-70C89513ADA2.jpeg

Nice little red letter day and this time of yr well in mucka 

Carp no4, I’m popping the barbless hook out in the net and letting them go, rather than bank them as it’s pretty mucky and slippery in this swim. This one probably scraped double figures. I’m looking at having to pack up soon, I’ve done all my bait bar a handful, that’s about 2/3 of a Kg since 10am. It’s raining, (I haven’t got a brolly!) I’m soaked through but still! 

85FAADAF-32CD-484F-8ADA-9BF6AD74DC67.jpeg

8 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Carp no4, I’m popping the barbless hook out in the net and letting them go, rather than bank them as it’s pretty mucky and slippery in this swim. This one probably scraped double figures. I’m looking at having to pack up soon, I’ve done all my bait bar a handful, that’s about 2/3 of a Kg since 10am. It’s raining, (I haven’t got a brolly!) I’m soaked through but still! 

Happy days mate, well done 

19 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Worth getting wet tho mucka 

Many thanks all, 

just to recap the quick session, I got to the lake about 0920, had a quick mooch about, just had a really good feeling about the swim I chose, the wind was trickling into it and it was quite mild, there was some bubbling in the silt about 6-8ft off the reeds and you could see the reed stems knocking fairly regularly. The swim I chose gave me the best angle onto a snag tree buffered by large reed-beds. I used helicopter rigs made up of Nash heli kits to tungsten tubing. 3 oz leads with trig-hammers size 6 to 8” 20lb Esp striptease two tone in brown, fished as a blowback rig. First fish came fairly quickly, and fought quite hard for a little one, it partially straightened the hook, second take was missed, the hook point had turned over on the strike, so tied up new hooklinks swapping the trig-hammers for wide gape barbless in size 4. All hook holds were solid in the bottom lip, all about 1/2” back. After every bite, I put a handful of bait out over each rod, plus pinged out half a dozen every 8-10mins one by one - this produced a bite within seconds of them hitting the surface. Ran out of bait after doing 2/3rd of a kilo, I didn’t bring the whole kg as I thought I would end up with some left over which I don’t like re-freezing once defrosted. I was fishing up against the snag tree with the L rod and up against the reeds with the R rod. 4 bites came to the R rod. Fished in 3-4ft of water on silt. Packed up just after 1pm and headed home. 

5 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

Many thanks all, 

just to recap the quick session, I got to the lake about 0920, had a quick mooch about, just had a really good feeling about the swim I chose, the wind was trickling into it and it was quite mild, there was some bubbling in the silt about 6-8ft off the reeds and you could see the reed stems knocking fairly regularly. The swim I chose gave me the best angle onto a snag tree buffered by large reed-beds. I used helicopter rigs made up of Nash heli kits to tungsten tubing. 3 oz leads with trig-hammers size 6 to 8” 20lb Esp striptease two tone in brown, fished as a blowback rig. First fish came fairly quickly, and fought quite hard for a little one, it partially straightened the hook, second take was missed, the hook point had turned over on the strike, so tied up new hooklinks swapping the trig-hammers for wide gape barbless in size 4. All hook holds were solid in the bottom lip, all about 1/2” back. After every bite, I put a handful of bait out over each rod, plus pinged out half a dozen every 8-10mins one by one - this produced a bite within seconds of them hitting the surface. Ran out of bait after doing 2/3rd of a kilo, I didn’t bring the whole kg as I thought I would end up with some left over which I don’t like re-freezing once defrosted. I was fishing up against the snag tree with the L rod and up against the reeds with the R rod. 4 bites came to the R rod. Fished in 3-4ft of water on silt. Packed up just after 1pm and headed home. 

Good session ouch