Selling stuff on fb

elmoputney

Jeez Louise 

Last night I wanted to sell the 20kg of live system I won, I put up an ad for £140 on fb as those sizes would be £150 from CC moore,not cheap but I didn't want to give them away and with a view that i would take a decent offer, the amount of abuse and keyboard warriors that got involved was unreal, its been collected this morning for a price I was happy with and the bloke saved some money too, but I feel quite mentally scarred still from it this morning, I only rejoined fb to sell those, I think my account will be deactivated again, so much wrong with fishing and fb anglers these days, wasn't like this in my day 😳

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Jeez Louise 

Last night I wanted to sell the 20kg of live system I won, I put up an ad for £140 on fb as those sizes would be £150 from CC moore,not cheap but I didn't want to give them away and with a view that i would take a decent offer, the amount of abuse and keyboard warriors that got involved was unreal, its been collected this morning for a price I was happy with and the bloke saved some money too, but I feel quite mentally scarred still from it this morning, I only rejoined fb to sell those, I think my account will be deactivated again, so much wrong with fishing and fb anglers these days, wasn't like this in my day 😳

Facebook seems to have taken on all the keyboard warriors. On any post on a topic like HuffPost insults get thrown. I've actually had my account restricted in the past when someone insulted me and I responded by calling the person's post stupid and meaningless. Even fishing posts in some fb groups get 'queries' on fish weights, not the "are you sure that weight is right?" but real digs. 

There are some very good Facebook groups I am a member of like the PAC, Chub fishing, roach fishing, but most others run personally are not worth the effort. 

41 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Facebook seems to have taken on all the keyboard warriors. On any post on a topic like HuffPost insults get thrown. I've actually had my account restricted in the past when someone insulted me and I responded by calling the person's post stupid and meaningless. Even fishing posts in some fb groups get 'queries' on fish weights, not the "are you sure that weight is right?" but real digs. 

There are some very good Facebook groups I am a member of like the PAC, Chub fishing, roach fishing, but most others run personally are not worth the effort. 

I've seen it all on there, makes me quite sad tbh,I got called a scammer and all sorts , was mental I was just trying to sell some bait, it's a shame there is so little faith left in people like that, I guess I've always been lucky and been on here where there is a decent community, still the guy seemed happy and I gave him some pigeon conditioner and pellets as I wanted to empty the bait bins a bit, 

But I'm happier I decided I wanted to stick with retrobaits this year and having 20kg of CC Moore bait wasn't sitting well with me, I could feel some of you guys telling me to just stick with one bait everytime I saw it  😁

I don't have any social media, only WhatsApp at a push... I have some Facebook Groups as shortcuts on my phone but mainly for just browsing, don't sign in. 

There is alot of haters out there... Maybe the case of they can't afford 20kg and feel jealous, around £10 a kilo, £200 of bait... 

But stick to you guns... 

Also forgot to say, I saw a Sonik Spod Rod n Reel for sale on a sight last night, I messaged about about it as the price was too good... £60 with a Rod case and fox spods too...i asked was it still available, the reply I got back was unreel, if I screen shot it and put it on here I WOULD get banned there that bad. 

The thing is you can get bait so cheap these days if you know someone in the know. I can honestly say  that most of  the anglers I know are paying  between £5 or £6 per kg, some a lot less as they are sponsored by their bait suppliers.  Unless of course you buy from the tackle shops and then you'll pay top dollar. Most companies will cut you a deal on 30kg plus etc, offer them cash and you'll probably get it even cheaper. 

Though it's no reason to give you a load of abuse etc. That's carp fishing nowadays for you. It's full of w######. Take up sea fishing like me,   it's the future 😂

1 hour ago, Highy said:

I don't have any social media, only WhatsApp at a push... I have some Facebook Groups as shortcuts on my phone but mainly for just browsing, don't sign in. 

There is alot of haters out there... Maybe the case of they can't afford 20kg and feel jealous, around £10 a kilo, £200 of bait... 

But stick to you guns... 

I sold it this morning so was happy enough but my phone didn't stop pinging til I deleted the ad, it was mental lol, I deactivated my account last week as I got so fed up with people lol, but i decided it was the quickest way to sell these boilies so I rejoined, I can feel another deactivation coming 😂

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

The thing is you can get bait so cheap these days if you know someone in the know. I can honestly say  that most of  the anglers I know are paying  between £5 or £6 per kg, some a lot less as they are sponsored by their bait suppliers.  Unless of course you buy from the tackle shops and then you'll pay top dollar. Most companies will cut you a deal on 30kg plus etc, offer them cash and you'll probably get it even cheaper. 

Though it's no reason to give you a load of abuse etc. That's carp fishing nowadays for you. It's full of w######. Take up sea fishing like me,   it's the future 😂

I had someone message me saying they were a field tester for CC Moore but they loved the stuff so would take it off my hands for £100 even though that was more than he usually payed 😂

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Jeez Louise 

Elmo keyboard warriors are two a penny I had my phone hacked and taken over from fb messenger an it caused a lot of trouble for me they contacted me with my own personal videos etc and tried to blackmail me lol glad I’m not a victim sort of guy could of been a lot worse I don’t use none of it anymore mucka 

I came off social media years ago because I couldn’t be doing with the hassle, after we returned from Afghanistan, my colleague posted some “helmet cam” footage filmed during one of our firefights with the insurgents. (In it you get to see my rear end in glorious detail as I’m heroically sheltering in a ditch!!) it wasn’t a long video, we are patrolling, we get ambushed, we fight back and then extract. Well the abuse we got as a result was laughable, we were called baby killers, (difficult to eat a live one I always found) we were government stooges, murderers, we were criticised by faceless sofa warriors saying how we were “fighting all wrong” etc - by people who had never served in the military and never been ambushed in a mulberry grove by a village, we were called cowards for extracting rather than fighting it out (hey, who cares about the civvies that have to live in the village) it was endless. I don’t understand why people feel the need, they wouldn’t say it to my face after all! 

3 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

I came off social media years ago because I couldn’t be doing with the hassle, after we returned from Afghanistan, my colleague posted some “helmet cam” footage filmed during one of our firefights with the insurgents. (In it you get to see my rear end in glorious detail as I’m heroically sheltering in a ditch!!) it wasn’t a long video, we are patrolling, we get ambushed, we fight back and then extract. Well the abuse we got as a result was laughable, we were called baby killers, (difficult to eat a live one I always found) we were government stooges, murderers, we were criticised by faceless sofa warriors saying how we were “fighting all wrong” etc - by people who had never served in the military and never been ambushed in a mulberry grove by a village, we were called cowards for extracting rather than fighting it out (hey, who cares about the civvies that have to live in the village) it was endless. I don’t understand why people feel the need, they wouldn’t say it to my face after all! 

Well in for serving ouch and I know exactly what your saying about the ambushing and yes it’s laughable because when you do meet these people they say nothing cowards mucka 

you all be safe guys be a good crack to have a social when all this is over