Nutrabaits Guava

Twobags

1 hour ago, Twobags said:

Im looking at BFM as this i have super confidence in, but am always open to other options.

If you're going for BFM then Nutrabaits cranberry nutrafruit is a no brainer for the flavour and would be my choice and is the recommended flavour for this mix. Amazing flavour , I've caught bag loads on it in as an individual flavour and also as part of a blend of flavours.  

2 minutes ago, emmcee said:

If you're going for BFM then Nutrabaits cranberry nutrafruit is a no brainer for the flavour and would be my choice and is the recommended flavour for this mix. Amazing flavour , I've caught bag loads on it in as an individual flavour and also as part of a blend of flavours.  

Wasn’t there a black currant or blackberry nutraceuticals for a short spell

That was a brilliant bait! 

that’s what I miss about my local tackle shops, back in the day when everyone was making their own baits. Walking in and seeing all the different base mixes, additives, powders and flavours. The smells, opening bottles and trying to find “the one” that would do the job. My tackle shop used to have shelves of different bait ingredients, now there’s nothing. It’s not the same! 

4 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

That was a brilliant bait! 

that’s what I miss about my local tackle shops, back in the day when everyone was making their own baits. Walking in and seeing all the different base mixes, additives, powders and flavours. The smells, opening bottles and trying to find “the one” that would do the job. My tackle shop used to have shelves of different bait ingredients, now there’s nothing. It’s not the same! 

Definitely ouch I’d be in there for a few hrs lol those were the days 

BFM Cranberry 

richworth blue cheese 

hutchies monster crab 

honey Yukatan 

mulberry florentine

nouvelle fizz 

shellfish B5

Premier aminos/peach melba 

premier smoked ham 

richworth boiled ham 

solar squid and octopus 

Nash monster pursuit 

Nash tangee-squid 

richworth tutti fruitti

richworth strawberry jam 

hutchies mixed herbs 

bergamot oil 

pukka salmon 

Nash whiskey 

carp company fruit frenzy 

What baits can you remember from days gone by? 

Just now, Carpmaster said:

Expensive back then but we were able to see open smell taste even of some products try that today lol 😂 

I used to drive my local tackle dealer mad by opening and smelling everything! “Matt! You’ve opened that damn monster crab again!!” 

god bless you Al! He’s still going strong after 25+yrs 

Just now, ouchthathurt said:

BFM Cranberry 

richworth blue cheese 

hutchies monster crab 

honey Yukatan 

mulberry florentine

nouvelle fizz 

shellfish B5

premier smoked ham 

richworth boiled ham 

solar squid and octopus 

Nash monster pursuit 

Nash tangee-squid 

richworth tutti fruitti

richworth strawberry jam 

hutchies mixed herbs 

bergamot oil 

pukka salmon 

Nash whiskey 

Hutchies monster crab now there was a bait that absolutely stank lol I went half’s on 10kg base mix with my cousin back to his house to make our evil little mix I mixed it up it stank that bad his misses went nuts I mean on one that bad he told me have it just take it in a black bag it went on the train back home 😂😂I had a whole carriage to myself 😂😂

4 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

I used to drive my local tackle dealer mad by opening and smelling everything! “Matt! You’ve opened that damn monster crab again!!” 

god bless you Al! He’s still going strong after 25+yrs 

Nice to hear there’s not many around now that’s been around that long  I’m also lucky even tho they’ve been in different premises the family are still in the game and still going 👍👍

1 hour ago, ouchthathurt said:

BFM Cranberry 

richworth blue cheese 

hutchies monster crab 

honey Yukatan 

mulberry florentine

nouvelle fizz 

shellfish B5

premier smoked ham 

richworth boiled ham 

solar squid and octopus 

Nash monster pursuit 

Nash tangee-squid 

richworth tutti fruitti

richworth strawberry jam 

hutchies mixed herbs 

bergamot oil 

pukka salmon 

Nash whiskey 

Honey Yukatan 

I had a lake record on that at 18lb 2 in 1991 lol

mainline link has it in. it’s such a distinctive smell as soon as I opens a pot of them it took me back to that day

SBS  bun spice was the one for me though 

I have 2 unopened bottles of nashy monster crab  And solar squid and octopus and ester blend 12 in the shed

and the eee’s squid liver liquid (I think that’s what it is) bet that is really rank now even though it’s never been opened either

that blue cheese flavour was minging  as well 

just probably powdered butyric acid lol

Edited by framey

2 minutes ago, framey said:

Honey Yukatan 

I had a lake record on that at 18lb 2 in 1991 lol

mainline link has it in. it’s such a distinctive smell as soon as I opens a pot of them it took me back to that day

SBS  bun spice was the one for me though 

I have 2 unopened bottles of nashy monster crab  And solar squid and octopus and ester blend 12 in the shed

and the eee’s squid liver liquid (I think that’s what it is) bet that is really rank now even though it’s never been opened either

Probably gone off now but you never know

Richworth frozen tutti fruity back in the day had my first carp from Horseshoe lake on it low 20... god how we struggled on that lake.I kept the tutti put it on my key ring had it for years, used Solar Quench on a lake they loved it.... often wonder if a bait had no smell at all would it make any difference to our catch rate.... or are they put in to catch us  🤔

I still have a bottle of richworth blue cheese flavour that dates back to 1997... it’s like old smelly feet! 

ive made baits without any flavours at all and have had results on it, I think the smells and tastes inherent in the base mixes and oils etc are strong enough for a carps taste or “smell” receptors to detect. Although an addition of flavour made me more confident. I usually cut the dosages of the flavour right down though these days, the recommended dosage of my current flavour is up to 5ml per 6 eggs, I use between 1.5-2ml per 6 eggs (dependant on egg size) 

On 04/03/2021 at 22:43, Big Bass said:

Richworth frozen tutti fruity back in the day had my first carp from Horseshoe lake on it low 20... god how we struggled on that lake.I kept the tutti put it on my key ring had it for years, used Solar Quench on a lake they loved it.... often wonder if a bait had no smell at all would it make any difference to our catch rate.... or are they put in to catch us  🤔

The bait I use doesn't have any flavour added , just the smell of the additives, I really like the smell of it, and the carp don't seem to mind it either 👍

On 04/03/2021 at 20:31, ouchthathurt said:

BFM Cranberry 

richworth blue cheese 

hutchies monster crab 

honey Yukatan 

mulberry florentine

nouvelle fizz 

shellfish B5

premier smoked ham 

richworth boiled ham 

solar squid and octopus 

Nash monster pursuit 

Nash tangee-squid 

richworth tutti fruitti

richworth strawberry jam 

hutchies mixed herbs 

bergamot oil 

pukka salmon 

Nash whiskey 

Flavours that I've used in the past and a few I still use today, even ones that have been discontinued for years. Fortunately I found a couple of them still being made albeit not by the original maker, after a google search, though with brexit I've been so far unable to get anymore as they are in the EU.

Pink zing, green zing and milk and ice cream all from Geoff Kemp.

Solar squid and octopus,  esterblend 12 , black and blue. 

Richworth plum royale.

Darenth valley baits skunk and geranium. 

Hutchy secret agent.

Premier Nodd oil, matrix flavour,  condensed milk.

John baker ala salar, plum, maple cream and butt cracker.