'Otta in the mid-day sun

Carpbell_ll

See Coomb Abbey has not put any otter fencing up that little river connects up with the big lake some old fish in there plus they have never really added to the carp stock some are 40 years old or more.  Thought they might be about when Hopsford hall put a fence up, not like a farmer to spend money for no reason. 

35 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Coombe could be a  gold mine, if they would open the whole lake to anglers lots of big Zander Pike Bream and known 40 lb carp with plenty of rumors of bigger, like a cat that is over the 100lb range, pinch of salt with that one. 

IMO it wouldn't be as popular as you imagine, it's not that great really, very shallow, all the out of bounds looks really shallow, stocks not good and parking security is a bit dodgy to say the least.

With an inlet and outlet it would be difficult/impossible to effectively fence I imagine.

I thought it looked banging until I spent a bit of time on there, night poachers the lot - not good, otters are the least of it's problems.

7 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

IMO it wouldn't be as popular as you imagine, it's not that great really, very shallow, all the out of bounds looks really shallow, stocks not good and parking security is a bit dodgy to say the least.

With an inlet and outlet it would be difficult/impossible to effectively fence I imagine.

I thought it looked banging until I spent a bit of time on there, night poachers the lot - not good, otters are the least of it's problems.

Only ever fished it a few times as a kid, it holds a lot of local rumor and legend, think they allow parking on the lindley bank these days as car vandalism has always been a problem.

Some are saying it is living on a different little ponds that the Sowe fills, probably eating scraps and dropped kebabs. 

13 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Only ever fished it a few times as a kid, it holds a lot of local rumor and legend, think they allow parking on the lindley bank these days as car vandalism has always been a problem.

I was going to do some time on there, the Lindley bank had parking at that point but they were having to install cameras in car parks because of break-ins and that car park is only available for a small part of the year.  I personally saw and reported night poachers and on top you've got otters and a shallow out of bounds where they are sitting targets, biggest usually goes first no doubt.

Rumour and legend sells tickets - been there done that mate- I did a good few years (different water) chasing a fish that was ottered and buried long before!!!!!!!!!!! 

Told today that Canal pool on KWP has been losing fish to Otters, one of the mid 30's that was moved from swan a few years back was found a few months back, that was one of a few fish that had the very weedy swan lake all to themselves, i doubt an otter could touch them in swan due to the dense weed and one real strong undertow shifting it all about.