Having a nightmare

Ginger9991

So finally get back on my feet after destroying my knee and losing a year. I then find a venue to join, Covid hits, the rules relax, I get booked on....Spawning! 2 weeks later i get my first session, Catch one, blank the second and hear the second biggest in the lake 40+ has died (my PB is 37lb and i would really like to beat that this year). the third week i find 1 dead myself, So now 6 so far are dead a 40, high 30's and a double....Venue has now been closed rightfully........God i feel this campaign is never going to get started and i have waited so long!

Just incase this lake does go pair shape and the lake loses the big girl does anyone know of any venues around colchester/clacton or near? I work in Clacton so closer to there the better (current ticket is 5 minutes from work!) im already on CAPS and i dont fancy CAA at the moment. I really want to hunt a new PB, My knee is a bit of a time bomb now so i want to really get stuck into something whilst im able!

10 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

So finally get back on my feet after destroying my knee and losing a year. I then find a venue to join, Covid hits, the rules relax, I get booked on....Spawning! 2 weeks later i get my first session, Catch one, blank the second and hear the second biggest in the lake 40+ has died (my PB is 37lb and i would really like to beat that this year). the third week i find 1 dead myself, So now 6 so far are dead a 40, high 30's and a double....Venue has now been closed rightfully........God i feel this campaign is never going to get started and i have waited so long!

Just incase this lake does go pair shape and the lake loses the big girl does anyone know of any venues around colchester/clacton or near? I work in Clacton so closer to there the better (current ticket is 5 minutes from work!) im already on CAPS and i dont fancy CAA at the moment. I really want to hunt a new PB, My knee is a bit of a time bomb now so i want to really get stuck into something whilst im able!

That sounds like a mare!

I had a rough one this week myself. I had my ticket revoked on Alton after Eastern European anglers cast lures over my lines two nights on the trot. I went to have a word and they had no landing nets or unhooking mats. I was not impressed and gave them a mouthful after one got a bit rude. My mouthful is get fired up big time.

As I went to pull away off site, a Range Rover ignored the fact I had pulled past parked two cars at the side of the road and carried on down the road leaving me nowhere to go. He pulled the "i'm further down the road, you should back up" so I made my point, and when he got rude, again I fired off, local residents complained to the fishery manager. I hadn't even parked in the road, I had unloaded, put my car in the proper car park, then when I left put my gear by the gate, got my car and loaded up.

When I got home I got a phonecall telling me my ticket was cancelled. A long letter has gone to Anglian Water Fishery's headquarters!

While Alton was closed after we were allowed to fish again when lockdown was eased I  had a couple of trips on Essex Carp Syndicates Day ticket lake at Great Baddow. It does Google, and they are on FB.

Oh , Ginger , Nick that's awful ! .

I was miffed last week because of the noise and disturbance at my lake while they were getting ready for a match , but that's nothing compared to what has happened to you 2 .

Off the top of my head , Ginger , if you want 40lb fish the only place I can think of in Suffolk is Suffolk Water Park , or it's Essex or Cambs. 

😃

On 28 June 2020 at 14:45, crusian said:

Oh , Ginger , Nick that's awful ! .

I was miffed last week because of the noise and disturbance at my lake while they were getting ready for a match , but that's nothing compared to what has happened to you 2 .

Off the top of my head , Ginger , if you want 40lb fish the only place I can think of in Suffolk is Suffolk Water Park , or it's Essex or Cambs. 

😃

I've been speaking to the owner of a very special syndicate in Suffolk.

The lake is around 40 acres, and hasn't been heavily fished for 30 years, he has only had it for a couple. I do know a few of the fish in there, original stocks, and there is a proper ongoing stocking policy.

It is not a cheap syndicate, but compared to other waters most definitely not over the top. 

I think it's 2020, it's really sent to try us for some reason, I keep thinking can't get any worse, then it does 😂 stay strong fellas 👍

I'm not sure but when I was trying to find my spots last weekend, I seem to think someone told me to eff off, he was fishing in the adjacent lake and as far as I was aware no one was fishing that bank, so I felt I was allowed to look for spots towards the left of my swim it wasn't bad though, but I heard eff off and looked over to that bank and he stood there, then vanished he had been chatting constantly on a walkie talkie to his mate, I didn't think a lot of it at the time and I certainly wasn't that bothered I just carried on, but these last couple of days, I've started thinking about it a bit more 🤔

One thing though, if I am in my swim I will fish it how I want, I have as much right to be there as anyone, if someone had been in a peg there fishing I would have asked him and been courtious, but it just started bugging me, wait til I get my castable rake mate 😁 

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

The lake is around 40 acres, and hasn't been heavily fished for 30 years, he has only had it for a couple. I do know a few of the fish in there, original stocks, and there is a proper ongoing stocking policy.

It is not a cheap syndicate, but compared to other waters most definitely not over the top. 

When I read yours and Gingers' posts , Nick , I felt for both of you , what with Ginger on his Comeback  , and you starting to see the fruits of all your labours . 

So now there's a chance of a new project ? .

Any chance of a PM giving more details of this Suffolk Syndicate , just as long as it doesn't stuff things up for you ? .

😃 

34 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I think it's 2020, it's really sent to try us for some reason, I keep thinking can't get any worse, then it does 😂 stay strong fellas 👍

I'm not sure but when I was trying to find my spots last weekend, I seem to think someone told me to eff off, he was fishing in the adjacent lake and as far as I was aware no one was fishing that bank, so I felt I was allowed to look for spots towards the left of my swim it wasn't bad though, but I heard eff off and looked over to that bank and he stood there, then vanished he had been chatting constantly on a walkie talkie to his mate, I didn't think a lot of it at the time and I certainly wasn't that bothered I just carried on, but these last couple of days, I've started thinking about it a bit more 🤔

One thing though, if I am in my swim I will fish it how I want, I have as much right to be there as anyone, if someone had been in a peg there fishing I would have asked him and been courtious, but it just started bugging me, wait til I get my castable rake mate 😁 

So you were casting to your left to a bank , the other side of which was another lake with an angler fishing along that bank ? ; but you weren't even casting into " his " lake ? .

If swearing man was complaining about the noise of your continual casting what about his walkie talkie talking ? . 

🤔

12 minutes ago, crusian said:

When I read yours and Gingers' posts , Nick , I felt for both of you , what with Ginger on his Comeback  , and you starting to see the fruits of all your labours . 

Any chance of a PM giving more details of this Suffolk Syndicate , just as long as it doesn't stuff things up for you ? .

😃

yeah been a turd time. i have spent a while finding "that project", i didnt have any backup so now im just flirting about day tickets (SWP on Thursday night). If you do/can share details Nick feel free to PM me...be a few beers in it for you!

Being kicked off Alton is a bit of a nightmare especially as you had started to have a few again this season. i would be pretty angry about that one!

2 minutes ago, crusian said:

So you were casting to your left to a bank , the other side of which was another lake with an angler fishing along that bank ? ; but you weren't even casting into " his " lake ? .

If swearing man was complaining about the noise of your continual casting what about his walkie talkie talking ? . 

🤔

No not to a bank still about 30 yards off it 😂

1 minute ago, Ginger9991 said:

yeah been a turd time. i have spent a while finding "that project", i didnt have any backup so now im just flirting about day tickets (SWP on Thursday night). If you do/can share details Nick feel free to PM me...be a few beers in it for you!

Being kicked off Alton is a bit of a nightmare especially as you had started to have a few again this season. i would be pretty angry about that one!

Tight lines for Thursday , GInger .

Nick Cunnell , Duty Manager  is a friendly , helpful chap if he is about .

😃

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I just found it very odd when I thought about it, probably a golum complex or something "it's my precious" eff off 😁😁

I wouldn't worry about it mate, get the rake out and give it to them👍🤣.

I remember on My second ever night on dinton I was next to my mate who turned up the day after me. He found his spot and started to introduce his boilies by throwing stick. About half a kg in and the bloke opposite shouted "what are you building a ....... gravel bar" haha. I said to my mate we are new here he is trying to be intimidating. With that I got my stick out and launched another kg in just to shut him up. 🤣

47 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I wouldn't worry about it mate, get the rake out and give it to them👍🤣.

I remember on My second ever night on dinton I was next to my mate who turned up the day after me. He found his spot and started to introduce his boilies by throwing stick. About half a kg in and the bloke opposite shouted "what are you building a f######g gravel bar" haha. I said to my mate we are new here he is trying to be intimidating. With that I got my stick out and launched another kg in just to shut him up. 🤣

Don't worry I am not too worried about it, I just remembered it and wanted to share the beautiful moment 😁

if he tells me that again I'll build a weed free plateau 😁

2 hours ago, crusian said:

😃

2 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Sorry, I can't say anything yet as it is so new, although I do know it has been mentioned a long time ago on here.

I was fuming about Alton, even more so with this weekends weather, perfect for a bite or two.

Elmo, what a muppet.

I'm still trying to work out whether he was talking to you or to his walkie talkie.

If he isn't fishing, then as far as I'm concerned it is your water. If he had prebaited previously, then a polite word would have done wonders. If there is no-one about then digging around with a marker is you learning the water.

Glad other people have issues on day ticket waters i thought it was me, you can guarantee on every day ticket water i have fished some lump tries to give it the big i am. either by plotting up in the very next peg even though there are plenty of empty pegs or moaning about baiting up, cast to the far margins and some **** no where near the peg i just cast into decides to move into that peg after trying unsuccessfully to get me to move my rig by puffing the chest out, looked like a cold pigeon. 

Why do working guys with a mortgage suddenly become the kray twins when out fishing? 

3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Sorry, I can't say anything yet as it is so new, although I do know it has been mentioned a long time ago on here.

I was fuming about Alton, even more so with this weekends weather, perfect for a bite or two.

Elmo, what a muppet.

I'm still trying to work out whether he was talking to you or to his walkie talkie.

If he isn't fishing, then as far as I'm concerned it is your water. If he had prebaited previously, then a polite word would have done wonders. If there is no-one about then digging around with a marker is you learning the water.

I think it's just like emmcee said, try and intimidate the new guy, probably hadn't seen me around and had probably been used to having half the lake to himself, people are very territorial about swims I've noticed, I won't mind jumping in a few when I get the chance 😁

But yes I agree politeness and respect goes a long way with me happy to stay out of people's way if they ask nicely, or mainly if I like them tbh, 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Glad other people have issues on day ticket waters i thought it was me, you can guarantee on every day ticket water i have fished some lump tries to give it the big i am. either by plotting up in the very next peg even though there are plenty of empty pegs or moaning about baiting up, 

Why do working guys with a mortgage suddenly become the kray twins when out fishing? 

This Is a syndicate I am on lol 😁

The day ticket over the road was almost comical at times when I fished it last year wow that could be like jungle warfare  😁

I don't remember people being like they are now many years ago, I seem to remember people having respect and just being nicer to one another and having a laugh, don't get me wrong I have chatted to some good guys since I've been back to the bank, but there a good few these days on the other end of the spectrum,🤔

I don't think carp. Com has changed that much though since I first joined, still a great place to come and have a chat 

I think they must know I now have a matrix piledriver so I can get my rods level and they don't like it up em 😎 

13 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I just found it very odd when I thought about it, probably a golum complex or something "it's my precious" eff off 😁😁

It's out of order what he said and there is no excuse for it but as devils advocate I'll say that it's easy for guys to become very protective over the waters they fish. I know I have in the past.

In that situation I'd have gone straight over to speak with him. I'll bet that face-to-face he probs would have been very sheepish. It's not so easy to throw insults when the bloke you've just told to F off has a face and personality attached to him. He'd likely have clocked that you're a perfectly reasonable bloke, an angler just like him, and that would be the end of any animosity.

13 hours ago, emmcee said:

we are new here he is trying to be intimidating.

I've also seen this on new waters. As above, I just go over there and chat to them like nothing's happening. Nine times out of 10 they end up being your mate lol.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

It's out of order what he said and there is no excuse for it but as devils advocate I'll say that it's easy for guys to become very protective over the waters they fish. I know I have in the past.

In that situation I'd have gone straight over to speak with him. I'll bet that face-to-face he probs would have been very sheepish. It's not so easy to throw insults when the bloke you've just told to F off has a face and personality attached to him. He'd likely have clocked that you're a perfectly reasonable bloke, an angler just like him, and that would be the end of any animosity.

I've also seen this on new waters. As above, I just go over there and chat to them like nothing's happening. Nine times out of 10 they end up being your mate lol.

I do think the same, most situations can be solved by chatting, and if he had been fishing that bank when I walked back past I probably wouldnt have chosen that swim or at least asked him roughly where he was fishing so I could leave the area alone but he was fishing the lake next door lol, which is why I think I dismissed it at first, no harm done it didn't bother me at the time, I tend to forget these things anyway my brain hasn't got the capacity to store grudges but I may ask him if I see him again just to know for sure, a good icebreaker if nothing else 😁

On 30 June 2020 at 14:44, salokcinnodrog said:

I just got a message from a mate, we have been invited up to have a look around when we can fit in with the syndicate manager. 

Glad I have been holding back on money while I've not been working. Saved up in case the worst happened and the hotel didn't reopen.

On 30/06/2020 at 14:44, salokcinnodrog said:

That sounds very much like the syndicate I have just joined, did he offer you a ticket ?

48 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I just got a message from a mate, we have been invited up to have a look around when we can fit in with the syndicate manager. 

Glad I have been holding back on money while I've not been working. Saved up in case the worst happened and the hotel didn't reopen.

Hope the syndicate is everything you want it to be , Nick .

I guess you are back to work now ? sounds like your luck's changing 😁

1 hour ago, crusian said:

Hope the syndicate is everything you want it to be , Nick .

I guess you are back to work now ? sounds like your luck's changing 😁

On furlough to the end of July, and hoping I have a job to go back to 

Hi guys I've joined a new water which is very clicky it seems to be the way today to try intimidate new anglers, they act like it's there water and the attitude off the younger generation is like bog you old timer we were here first,   makes me laugh    I've allready had 2 warnings lol   like I said to the manager and head bailiff  I pay my money the same as the rest of you only difference is I'm days they're syndicate they can show all the going swims up all they like dont mean theres carp in them   if your not on em cant catch em    I've been done 4 times lost 1 in weed    no one else had had nothing    I'll keep doing my thing and I will catch a few my way   😆😆

1 hour ago, Carpmaster said:

I said to the manager and head bailiff  I pay my money the same as the rest of you......... if they got a problem I got an ass they can kiss 😆😆

You're not going to make any friends like that bro.

Most syndis and clubs are the same. The longer term members can become very protective of the water which is completely normal, and this can very much give the impression of a clique. It is human nature to an extent.

You have two options in this case:

1 - Take the defensive, kiss my ass attitude. This will set you up for a campaign of animosity.

2 - Feel your way in, gently gently. Be on your best behaviour, show respect and etiquette (which in the long term you WILL be shown in return), get to know the members and become part of the group. End up with a bunch of new mates and the camaraderie associated with any decent syndi or club. 

1 hour ago, Carpmaster said:

I've been done 4 times lost 1 in weed.....    no one else had had nothing.....

Worry about your own results, not others mate. Being done 4 times and losing one, when "no one else had nothing" is nothing to shout about imo bro. 

Even if you had caught 5 there's no need to compare your results to others just to big yourself up.

There is a fine line between commenting on the high and mighty attitude of others and exhibiting that exact same characteristics yourself. Relax and enjoy your new water bro. Those other guys are only human, you'll probs get on like a house on fire in the long run.