Having a nightmare

Ginger9991

2 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Hi guys I've joined a new water which is very clicky it seems to be the way today to try intimidate new anglers, they act like it's there water

I joined a new club in January of this year and the first time I went for a walk around the place I got a very similar reception as you, it was more trying to put me of fishing this one particular lake and pointing me In other directions of other waters on the ticket. I felt like you kiss my backside and I’ll do my own thing, but I put a similar post on here and was told a lot of places are the same. So I just went fishing kept myself to myself and they came chatting to me. They have a  totally different attitude now and when I went o Sunday we were just chatting like nothing had happened. Just give it time mate it will all work out.👍

I wasnt trying to compare my results with anyone elses I'm there to enjoy my fishing but at the same time I'm not there to be pushed around or bullied by the syndicate guys i pay my money the same as them that's the point i was trying to say is all sorry if I've upset someone, i apologise  at the end of the day my money is the same as theirs no difference 

Edited by salokcinnodrog
Edited to remove censored

11 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

I'm there to enjoy my fishing but at the same time I'm not there to be pushed around or bullied by the syndicate guys

Absolutely agree mate. Just relax and show them the respect that you expect to receive and you'll be sharing a beer with them before you know it.

11 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

sorry if I've upset someone, i apologise

??

What were the warnings for mate?

3 hours ago, finchey said:

I joined a new club in January of this year and the first time I went for a walk around the place I got a very similar reception as you, it was more trying to put me of fishing this one particular lake and pointing me In other directions of other waters on the ticket. I felt like you kiss my backside and I’ll do my own thing, but I put a similar post on here and was told a lot of places are the same. So I just went fishing kept myself to myself and they came chatting to me. They have a  totally different attitude now and when I went o Sunday we were just chatting like nothing had happened. Just give it time mate it will all work out.👍

I get exactly what your saying this is exactly what I've done and like you've said I've had a few come talk to me and we have got on like a house on fire slowly but surely I will fit in and I'm old enough to also understand that I'm not going to get on with everyone that's life I'm afraid

10 hours ago, yonny said:

Absolutely agree mate. Just relax and show them the respect that you expect to receive and you'll be sharing a beer with them before you know it.

??

What were the warnings for mate?

My pod on a no fishing walkway moved 6 inchs fine an sandy.

Second warning asked a member to borrow his gate key   he put a load of twaddle on fb saying I wanted his key   just bull mucka that was all

10 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

My pod on a no fishing walkway moved 6 inchs fine an sandy.

Second warning asked a member to borrow his gate key   he put a load of twaddle on fb saying I wanted his key   just bull mucka that was all

I found it funny because it was the fishery manager who told me to ask one of the syndicate members to borrow his key

A club water I fished years ago had its share of idiots... swim hogging was a common practice and groups of mates fishing a swim on an unauthorised rota to get round the  long stay rules... they got really nasty if you quoted the rules.... it hacked me off to the point where I dobbed a load of em in to the committee.... if stopped for a while and some guys lost their tickets, but it left a sour taste and I left soon afterwards but it does pee you off that folks behave in this way... there's no need for it... 

15 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

swim hogging was a common practice

Out of order.

15 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

I dobbed a load of em in to the committee.... 

I'd have done the same mate. In my opinion every member of a syndi or club should act as bailiff.

5 hours ago, yonny said:

Worry about your own results, not others mate. Being done 4 times and losing one, when "no one else had nothing" is nothing to shout about imo bro. 

Even if you had caught 5 there's no need to compare your results to others just to big yourself up.

There is a fine line between commenting on the high and mighty attitude of others and exhibiting that exact same characteristics yourself. Relax and enjoy your new water bro. Those other guys are only human, you'll probs get on like a house on fire in the long run.

Absolutely Spot on mate. Too many people worry about what others are doing and not what they are doing themselves.  It is my biggest bug bare in fishing. "He's doing this,  he's done that etc". Who cares, god it winds me up 😤

20 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

A club water I fished years ago had its share of idiots... swim hogging was a common practice and groups of mates fishing a swim on an unauthorised rota to get round the  long stay rules... they got really nasty if you quoted the rules.... it hacked me off to the point where I dobbed a load of em in to the committee.... if stopped for a while and some guys lost their tickets, but it left a sour taste and I left soon afterwards but it does pee you off that folks behave in this way... there's no need for it... 

It happens on this particular water at the moment I'm doing alot of walking till I find a few then set up   

8 hours ago, emmcee said:

Absolutely Spot on mate. Too many people worry about what others are doing and not what they are doing themselves.  It is my biggest bug bare in fishing. "He's doing this,  he's done that etc". Who cares, god it winds me up 😤

I'm not bothered about what others do I do my own thing,the comment about being done 5 times wasnt to big myself up it was just to say I've been done while others are having nothing I should of pointed out that the swims I've been done in have been sown up when I've gone back ?? Fishing off someone elses back   it dont bother me I just fish for myself  I'm not a big head if I can help someone I will if I can I'm not out to make trouble or upset anyone on here off sometimes I may not write things how I should or should be more specific 

Sadly we all have to put up with our share of idiots from time to time... whether on a forum or on the banks... we've had one or two on here lately... but its how you deal with them that will define you... I do me own thing keep me head down and crack on, as do all the other lads on here... if you wan't help with owt, there are any number of folks who are willing and more than able to help or point you in the right direction and if you are a confident type yourself,... then maybe passing on some knowledge to a newbie is a way of putting summat back into your sport

The idiot on the other bank moaning  about you fishing on his spots, or swim hoggers, stroke pullers, rule breakers, poachers... they are the sorts that our sport can well do without... 

Tight lines

Thank you blue label   I'll help anyone if possible on here or in life I am a confident man I've lived a life like most folks on here , I love doing my thing and will allways do my thing I dont break rules I use the most powerful weapon in the world  the brain   I suffer with frontal lobal epilepsy and shouldn't fish on my own but I do   i also dont sleep much because my brain dont switch off  fishing is my way of relaxing and unwinding being out with mother nature is my tranquility  just a shame it's to be shared with fools sometimes there we go   that's life.

8 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

I'm not bothered about what others do I do my own thing,the comment about being done 5 times wasnt to big myself up it was just to say I've been done while others are having nothing I should of pointed out that the swims I've been done in have been sown up when I've gone back ?? Fishing off someone elses back   it dont bother me I just fish for myself  I'm not a bighead if I can help someone I will if I can I'm not out to make trouble or upset anyone on here off sometimes I may not write things how I should or should be more specific 

My comment wasn't aimed at you fella, it's just in carp fishing in general.  Though I did 100% agree with yonnys reply to you..

13 minutes ago, emmcee said:

My comment wasn't aimed at you fella, it's just in carp fishing in general.  Though I did 100% agree with yonnys reply to you..

Sorry emcee I wasnt having a go at you either mucka I was just trying to say I'm not one to shout from the clouds about what I catch etc like you I was just commenting in general 

16 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Hi guys I've joined a new water which is very clicky it seems to be the way today to try intimidate new anglers, they act like it's there water and the attitude off the younger generation is like bog you old timer we were here first,   makes me laugh    I've allready had 2 warnings lol   like I said to the manager and head bailiff  I pay my money the same as the rest of you only difference is I'm days they're syndicate they can show all the going swims up all they like dont mean theres carp in them   if your not on em cant catch em    I've been done 4 times lost 1 in weed    no one else had had nothing    I'll keep doing my thing and I will catch a few my way    😆😆

Can you do me a favour please?

Don't include swearing or inferred swearing with asterisks in your posts.

I am asking nicely, because you can be banned for it😉

You will find a lot of new waters are like that, you have to earn respect. It can be as simple as offering the bailiff a tea or coffee as he comes round, or even other members, if you show willing they might give you tips that help you put fish on the bank.

Acting like you know it all can be a way of winding other members up, and can get you straight into trouble. If you are catching quickly, then don't boast, but admit quietly you have caught a few. If other members know admit what you are doing tackle wise, even baitwise, BUT, don't admit to everything...

Losing fish is not a good thing, nothing to brag about, it signifies a problem that you need to solve. 

I tend to go on a water with my own ideas, ways to catch fish, but advice from other members is always welcome. 

33 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Can you do me a favour please?

Don't include swearing or inferred swearing with asterisks in your posts.

I am asking nicely, because you can be banned for it😉

You will find a lot of new waters are like that, you have to earn respect. It can be as simple as offering the bailiff a tea or coffee as he comes round, or even other members, if you show willing they might give you tips that help you put fish on the bank.

Acting like you know it all can be a way of winding other members up, and can get you straight into trouble. If you are catching quickly, then don't boast, but admit quietly you have caught a few. If other members know admit what you are doing tackle wise, even baitwise, BUT, don't admit to everything...

Losing fish is not a good thing, nothing to brag about, it signifies a problem that you need to solve. 

I tend to go on a water with my own ideas, ways to catch fish, but advice from other members is always welcome. 

No offence but I dont claim to know it all   as for the swear words with asterics no problem I wont do it I fish how I fish I dont tell people what to do AND I wont be told what to do 51 I am not a child mucka, sorry if how I speak offends you I'm not out to upsett anyone but in the same breath I wont have someone rip into me my money is the same as theirs yours or anyone elses,like I've allready said I will help anyone out if I can as for telling people what and how I'm catching I'm a quiet guy and keep things to myself unless asked which usually I'm not I've had tea with a few of the guys some are ok it's just a small minority that seem to act like they do,   I dont care it dont stop me doing my thing I'm just me no one special I dont class myself as anything different   simple

Not so much a mare of a session more of a grind and a surprise that not even a tench had a go at my bait, a few problems i came across i will list as best i can any input would be welcome. 

Turned up to the lake for the first time in two years only to find a few changes, now this was one real weedy lake, but for the past two seasons they have been using weed dye. the water is not as gin clear as it used to be. my bait was what i had left from last year about two kilo which i bulked out with pellet, hemp corn, no real interest even on feeding spots the fish were on.  could of been munching fry or spawn?

Deffo changing my line back to a nylon line with fluro leader, my line is real dark with stain from the water not the normal silt stains, which brings me to the state of my hook bait when reeling in, looked like it had been in silt, that was a pop up on a ronnie and a stiff hinge both were sitting nice and no way would of took on that much silt, now there is less weed, there is more silty areas exposed, any pointers or thoughts, it's a water in wellingbourgh that a few of you have fished before. 

Forgot to add, i did have a bit of a mare Tuesday evening, baby swan decided to grot itself on my line, proper twist and lock, went to free it and the big swans went mental and shot off to the middle of the lake, when i tried to draw the line and baby swan back it just dunked under water, it was never going to make it back in, at this time the line was still twisted and not knotted up, so i cut the line and it unraveled itself as the Swan swam off, just meant i had a big long length of line in my swim with end tackle on, so the next morning i managed to snag the line and get it all back. 

And i made damn sure i dropped no bait around my rods the Swans were up at the bank looking for bits anyhow. 

Anyone got any thoughts on that blue dye stuff as in does it stain baits or is it down to a lot more silt areas being exposed should be back next week, thinking of using the ol Nash ball maker and going down the heavy ground bait rout put out with a catapult might try a couple of pints of casters mixed in with pellet brad crumb and a few liquids to bind nice and solid.?