Show us you Bivvy

4 hours ago, finchey said:

This was my first overnighter in March this year, I was planning plenty more this year but I don't no when that's going to happen now. ☚

20200308_144114.thumb.jpg.e57bd27d4603d03e2923caad6643e26d.jpg20200308_144136.thumb.jpg.9e507dd0013c0791ad342211887d058b.jpg

Don’t suppose you took a photo inside the brolly so I can see how much room you have 

I haven’t got a pic of my bivvy as I’ll be honest I only use it for socials or winter overnighters I’m more of a brolly guy. In fact I treated myself last wk to the JRC Extreme last wk so it’s only had a quick pegging out back after work last wk. 80% of my nights are just a brolly nowt else and my old stealth brolly still gets an airing if it’s going to be blowy ! 

464041F7-F3A4-4E5F-B5E5-E3AA779A3871.png

D8B815EC-ED31-41ED-8FB6-0D01002452A5.png

1 hour ago, framey said:

Don’t suppose you took a photo inside the brolly so I can see how much room you have 

I'm afraid not mate but  i will next time I use it, when ever that's going to be. 

I will say one thing though i was surprised how much room there was more than I'd imagined. 🙂👍

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

I haven’t got a pic of my bivvy as I’ll be honest I only use it for socials or winter overnighters I’m more of a brolly guy. In fact I treated myself last wk to the JRC Extreme last wk so it’s only had a quick pegging out back after work last wk. 80% of my nights are just a brolly nowt else and my old stealth brolly still gets an airing if it’s going to be blowy ! 

You are the same as me Mate. I much prefer not using a full bivvy system unless I have to. The number of times last year I left the overwrap in the car knowing I didn't need it.

I have had full bivvies in the past, a bigger EasyDome is handy in a cold winter, (that is ice next to it on the bank) but even with the overwrap the brolly works

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

I still got my old stealth brolly and use it as well but lost the bell cap.  I managed to find one on eBay this year for £5 .....but them spokes no wonder I got no hair. 

Just now, framey said:

Hmm 

now I’m wondering if I should buy one.

i know somewhere that has the brolly and groundsheet for 99ÂŁ

That's a good price.

Basically if your priority is lightness and quickness the Lo Pro cannot be beaten. Fact. The downside of that is stability, or lack of it. Don't get me wrong, they are fine in 99% of UK weather conditions, but when the wind gets up to 40/50 mph and you have no cover, they struggle, even with storm poles. I fish a big open reservoir that gets hit badly by winds and had to buy a Tempest Brolly this winter specifically for that water. I still use the Lo Pro for everywhere else.

Hi yonny 

it would mainly be for 48hours at the most for 3 seasons of the year

i have other shelters for the winter or big winds if I need it

I’m not even bothered about the groundsheet tbh as I only ever use one of them in the winter

but as it comes with it I can’t complain

I have a fast and light that I use but it’s not any of the names by the time you add on the storm poles etc

20 minutes ago, framey said:

Hi yonny 

it would mainly be for 48hours at the most for 3 seasons of the year

i have other shelters for the winter or big winds if I need it

I’m not even bothered about the groundsheet tbh as I only ever use one of them in the winter

but as it comes with it I can’t complain

I have a fast and light that I use but it’s not any of the names by the time you add on the storm poles etc

I used to use a lo pro after yonnys advise. I was a big fan of it.   I had an ss3 in it woth  eso rucksack and coolbag. It was tight  but it all fitted and the coverage was decent  I struggled  with height of it but im 6-4 but once i starting taking the dog. It was way too tight. So i swapped to a recon which  was ok but no where near the coverage  of the lo pro

Now i dont have dog  i would buy  the low pro again but match it  up with a compact  bedchair and  smaller ta style rucksack.

Edited by Tree123