How many times...?

bluelabel

6 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Ive equally chomping  at the bit to get out.   Been doing some laps and seen some lovely big perch  that i need to have a go for.   Question is dropshot and lures or minnows. 

Live bait every time ! 

49 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I'd say live bait too but most places ban it and a lot of anglers don't like doing it so I don't really mention it. 

Plus when using prawns I've had carp to 20 plus and some nice tench so it makes it great fun on the float rod. 

That does sound fun , Mufty .

So 1 1/2 t.c. rod , 6lb or 8lb line sz. 10 hook ? - I'm hoping this is what you use as I've already got these bits .

😁  

On 21/04/2020 at 16:55, crusian said:

That does sound fun , Mufty .

So 1 1/2 t.c. rod , 6lb or 8lb line sz. 10 hook ? - I'm hoping this is what you use as I've already got these bits .

😁  

I just use a 10ft match rod. 

8lb mainline and a 4-6lb hook link mate. 

On 21/04/2020 at 16:00, muftyboy said:

I'd say live bait too but most places ban it and a lot of anglers don't like doing it so I don't really mention it. 

Plus when using prawns I've had carp to 20 plus and some nice tench so it makes it great fun on the float rod. 

Tbh i much prefer livebait  midt enjoyable way. When you see the float   start moving quickly  then it gone. 

I dont get people that moan  about it.. as not much difference  in hooking in mouth vs  lip hooking a minnow  

I just use   match rod 10 -15ft depending  on venue under a loafer/ bopper or zeppler. 

If i want to do really light ill  be freelining minnows and touch ledger  on my light lure rod.

9 hours ago, muftyboy said:

I use a size 4 when fishing with prawns mate. 

You could go smaller and use a smaller piece of prawn but I will generally use a whole one. 

Thanks , Mufty , that's a lot bigger hook than I would have thought , but you're the one that's having success so I'll follow your lead .

Many thanks .

🙃

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Thanks , Mufty , that's a lot bigger hook than I would have thought , but you're the one that's having success so I'll follow your lead .

Many thanks .

🙃

It all depends what your target is mate. 

I've had some nice size roach and rudd on smaller pieces of prawn and smaller hooks but if I'm trying to target the bigger perch then it is big baits and size 4s all the way. 

2 hours ago, muftyboy said:

It all depends what your target is mate. 

I've had some nice size roach and rudd on smaller pieces of prawn and smaller hooks but if I'm trying to target the bigger perch then it is big baits and size 4s all the way. 

Thanks very much for all your help , Mufty .

I'm thinking when we are allowed back fishing the lakes where I go are going to be manic , so I'll need an alternative to ledgering for Carp .

😃