Carp during the storm

dayvid

Started fishing around 3pm yesterday not a breath of wind but as the day and the evening drew in so the wind picked up , fortunately for me I chose a very sheltered spot on the lake , so quite un effected by the 50mph winds

not so much as a blip till around 11pm then the rod screams off , yes I’m in ,good fish too, a few mins later it’s in the net , great start I thought easily upper 20😃 , any way , he’s in the unhookiymat and jumps as the do half coming out , I stop it from going any further but lose my balance and topple backwards straight into the lake completely under 😢😢😢😢pulled myself out , but did think it’s not as cold as I expected.

absolutely soaked now and my cloths weighing a to  , I unhook the fish put it back as quick as I can , no pic no weight , now I’m feeling the cold , so strip off and dry ,

then all rods in and into bed in till now ,so glad I left the 5 season quilt on my ss3 

now sat here with my waterproofs on and my coat trying to catch another before I go 

so what lessons have I learnt as I have never fell in before.

bring spare clothes, I do half the time , dont wear rigger boots they weigh a ton filled up , and don’t unhook large fish next to the lake on a slope

733126C3-5BC3-4CE2-BAA4-9A8E4DAAC1E3.jpeg

20 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Started fishing around 3pm yesterday not a breath of wind but as the day and the evening drew in so the wind picked up , fortunately for me I chose a very sheltered spot on the lake , so quite un effected by the 50mph winds

not so much as a blip till around 11pm then the rod screams off , yes I’m in ,good fish too, a few mins later it’s in the net , great start I thought easily upper 20😃 , any way , he’s in the unhookiymat and jumps as the do half coming out , I stop it from going any further but lose my balance and topple backwards straight into the lake completely under 😢😢😢😢pulled myself out , but did think it’s not as cold as I expected.

absolutely soaked now and my cloths weighing a to  , I unhook the fish put it back as quick as I can , no pic no weight , now I’m feeling the cold , so strip off and dry ,

then all rods in and into bed in till now ,so glad I left the 5 season quilt on my ss3 

now sat here with my waterproofs on and my coat trying to catch another before I go 

so what lessons have I learnt as I have never fell in before.

bring spare clothes, I do half the time , dont wear rigger boots they weigh a ton filled up , and don’t unhook large fish next to the lake on a slope

733126C3-5BC3-4CE2-BAA4-9A8E4DAAC1E3.jpeg

Oh bl***y hell , Dayvid ! , at least you survived .

I've been lucky and never fallen in , but then thought it makes sense to carry a spare set of clothes .

I always wear wellies , ( or crocs in dry weather ) , which should in theory fill with water and drop off  - never wanted heavy boots that are stuck on my feet .

So bad news about the 20+ , and the drenching , but at least you get to post another day .

😁

Well I'm glad your ok and hopefully lesson learned !!

The weathermen don't put yellow/amber warnings out for nothing and you fishing around trees , as for falling in surely forward planning when you set your swim up .

Maybe think of your family next time you go out .

Sorry to sound harsh but !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm out tomorrow 😁😁...jus got home from work...Wife says am I ok going out with girls tonight ? Says yeh course...I turn round I'm going fishing tomorrow morning...ok she says...then I quickly say maybe for the night too...ok she says...waaaaaaaaay

Good bit of thinking on your feet highy 👍

5 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm out tomorrow 😁😁...jus got home from work...Wife says am I ok going out with girls tonight ? Says yeh course...I turn round I'm going fishing tomorrow morning...ok she says...then I quickly say maybe for the night too...ok she says...waaaaaaaaay

Is that your first night on fan?

Good luck let us know how you get on. 🙂👍