Any reviews on trent baits freshwater shrimp

Carp123_0

Trent Shrimp is the best bait I've ever used.

I got onto it a few years ago after I left a different bait company. I'd been playing around with B5 in the interim and was struggling. My first session on the Shrimp I caught my target common and never looked back after that. It's caught very well everywhere I've taken it.

10 minutes ago, framey said:

What’s the general make up of it yonny 

It's a hardy fishmeal. Hard enough to apply with the stick but not rock hard.

On paper it's not my kind of bait. It is (imo) over-flavoured and it contains oyster shell which I don't rate in a standard bait. But my results have been that good I just couldn't use anything else. It has birdfoods in it as well as fishmeals. It's not all that to look at but just goes to show what looks good to us is not always what matters.

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/01/2020 at 08:45, yonny said:

Trent Shrimp is the best bait I've ever used.

I got onto it a few years ago after I left a different bait company. I'd been playing around with B5 in the interim and was struggling. My first session on the Shrimp I caught my target common and never looked back after that. It's caught very well everywhere I've taken it.

Hi Yonny 

D'oh ! , I recently stocked up with B5 .

What if I bought some Trent Shrimp  pop ups , and just used the B5 , or some The Source that I've got left over , as feed please ? .

😃

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Yonny 

D'oh ! , I recently stocked up with B5 .

What if I bought some Trent Shrimp  pop ups , and just used the B5 , or some The Source that I've got left over , as feed please ? .

😃

You could use any hookbaits and use that lot as feed if you have one you are confident will work use that,if not just get a few different pop ups you think may work, personally what I think I'll do with my leftovers is glug them all in some of the new bait liquid or a hydrosyrup they will still eat it probably, it's early in the year still even if I start with mixed by the time they spawn I should be on the right one solely and can keep pre baiting it and they should still want to eat it, 

I liked the source back in the day, and B5 seemed to crop up in carp talk often enough so I think they should both help catch fish, you may find they love it on your lake 👍

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

You could use any hookbaits and use that lot as feed if you have one you are confident will work use that,if not just get a few different pop ups you think may work, personally what I think I'll do with my leftovers is glug them all in some of the new bait liquid or a hydrosyrup they will still eat it probably, it's early in the year still even if I start with mixed by the time they spawn I should be on the right one solely and can keep pre baiting it and they should still want to eat it, 

I liked the source back in the day, and B5 seemed to crop up in carp talk often enough so I think they should both help catch fish, you may find they love it on your lake 👍

Thanks , Elmo .

😃

8 hours ago, yonny said:

Why not mate - all proven baits.

Right I've ordered some Shrimp Pop Ups , and if they are as good as you say , Yonny , in around 3/4 weeks Trent will be selling Shelf Life Boilies 👏 , so I'll have some of those .

Of course if I don't catch on the Shrimp Pop Ups it will be all your fault , Yonny ; nothing to do with my rubbish casting , not walking the lake until I see signs of fish , the weather , my rig/presentation , and generally fishing like a plonker .

😁

14 hours ago, crusian said:

I've ordered some Shrimp Pop Ups

Which ones did you go for? I use the 16 mm cork ball pop ups a lot - they've caught me some very big fish. I also like the small 12 mm standard pop ups - although they need a little bit of foam to help support my big old size 4's for 24 hrs+.

14 hours ago, crusian said:

in around 3/4 weeks Trent will be selling Shelf Life Boilies 👏

I've been waiting for these for a while. Since the baby was born my bait freezer is looking less and less like a bait freezer and more and more like a food freezer. I think I have a few bags of tigers and corn in there and that's about it, the rest is all food the Mrs sneaked in there - no room for a big spring boilie re-stock. I understand the shelfies have been ready for a while - they now just need to get the packaging right.

7 hours ago, yonny said:

Which ones did you go for? I use the 16 mm cork ball pop ups a lot - they've caught me some very big fish. I also like the small 12 mm standard pop ups - although they need a little bit of foam to help support my big old size 4's for 24 hrs+.

I've been waiting for these for a while. Since the baby was born my bait freezer is looking less and less like a bait freezer and more and more like a food freezer. I think I have a few bags of tigers and corn in there and that's about it, the rest is all food the Mrs sneaked in there - no room for a big spring boilie re-stock. I understand the shelfies have been ready for a while - they now just need to get the packaging right.

Hi Yonny .

I've gone for the 14mm Pop Ups , 1 x White and 1 x Pink as I was advised exactly as you say that a 12mm would need some help supporting a large hook  , so I thought I would rather trim .

Yes , I was told the same about the shelfies , what great timing for me , it's much easier to sneak some shelfies in than explain why I've turned my bait fridge on .

I guess that your Mrs has come up with the lame excuse that if you want to eat then she needs to buy food and store it somewhere 🙄 .

😃 

I may have found a way to go fishing, I did a risky Strategy where I broached the subject early,she ummed and ahhed a bit, and then later that day when I started prepping rigs I told her I had booked it, waited till midweek and said can I go fishing then? And she said I thought you had booked it? I replied I wouldn't book it without making sure you didn't mind first 😁

Seems to have worked anyway 👍

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I may have found a way to go fishing, I did a risky Strategy where I broached the subject early,she ummed and ahhed a bit, and then later that day when I started prepping rigs I told her I had booked it, waited till midweek and said can I go fishing then? And she said I thought you had booked it? I replied I wouldn't book it without making sure you didn't mind first 😁

Seems to have worked anyway 👍

You cunning , cuddly ,  rascal , Elmo .

I hope you have your own laptop / computer away from all seeing eyes ? .

😁

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I told her I had booked it

That doesn't always work in my house. Last year I booked (with her, not with the lake) a French trip for this spring. She was fine with it but a month later it was a no-no. Then I booked for spring 2022 which she was fine with until a few weeks ago when all of a sudden that's when she wants the next baby ffs. Now I've booked it for spring 2021, I'm going to get it booked with the venue ASAP so she can't change her mind!!!

21 minutes ago, yonny said:

That doesn't always work in my house. Last year I booked (with her, not with the lake) a French trip for this spring. She was fine with it but a month later it was a no-no. Then I booked for spring 2022 which she was fine with until a few weeks ago when all of a sudden that's when she wants the next baby ffs. Now I've booked it for spring 2021, I'm going to get it booked with the venue ASAP so she can't change her mind!!!

You gotta go before the next baby comes that second one is a game changer, and that will probably add another 4 or 5 years at least 👍

Funnily enough I've been trying to persuade the misses to do a French trip as a family,she doesn't seem that keen tbh but she did say would you like to do it by yourself the other day, which I may have dismissed a little too quickly in hindsight 😉

Edited by elmoputney

3 hours ago, yonny said:

Good god man... tell the lass your going fishing and go.... I tell her indoors when I'm going and I go end of.... just as soon as the swelling goes down....🤣😜

used trent baits for years and only stopped last year because I wanted to tailor my bait to my personal fishing.

tbh I never used the fresh water shrimp but their liver specials are without a doubt the best boilies ive used (apart from the ones im now making myself) but ive modelled my own bait recipe on the liver specials.