What a waste...Nash Bore tool

Please tell me they are joking!

https://www.total-fishing-tackle.com/nash-bore-tool

Come on Nash tackle, you really are scamming the carp angler now.

What a waste of money!

If you are so inclined stay Carp tax free:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolson-3-Piece-Countersink-Set/232854214242?hash=item3637315662:g:BoYAAOSw-d5bTzDY

I’ll stick to using my Swiss Army knife to whittle away when I fish Snowmen baits. But I’ve got a couple of mates who’d buy this,they just like buying fishing stuff and who am I to complain if they do,they don’t drink or smoke so like being tackle tarts 🙄😂😂😎🎣

1 hour ago, commonly said:

You may also like

https://www.total-fishing-tackle.com/nash-rig-flame-shield-68512

Coming soon, Nash barrel scrapper!! 🤣

Could maybe see the point to this depending  on how it works. I did  burn though quite a few flurocarbon hooklinks when I played round  with stiff d rigs. 

2 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Please tell me they are joking!

https://www.total-fishing-tackle.com/nash-bore-tool

Come on Nash tackle, you really are scamming the carp angler now.

What a waste of money!

If you are so inclined stay Carp tax free:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolson-3-Piece-Countersink-Set/232854214242?hash=item3637315662:g:BoYAAOSw-d5bTzDY

This one I agree does seem a bit pointless  but hey to each there own.  No doubt will be discontinued  by next season in typical nash fashion. 

12 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Don't get me started, £33 on a cushion when B&M or Argos can do a grey one for £5.

16 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

Nike make trainers that sell for over £100. Primary sell trainers for a fiver. 

Buy what you want, or don’t. It’s that simple. 

As per my 1st post,Nige. Not for me personally I’m too much of a skinflint but Dave who came Horseshoe with me likes his carp bling and he’d get one of them,and who are we to say what people spend there coin on.

40 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

I don’t think aqua have taken an Argos lap tray and just put a badge on it though???

they did to it on their brolly though, the fact cyprinus can sell the exact same thing for so much less...cyprinus have ended up exposing a few firms for overcharging. 

17 hours ago, Old school said:

this is the sort of thing that really boils my pee (said in context) there are loads of examples like this in the angling/camping world.... and to my mind the carping tackle manufacturers need a damn good kick up the chuff and told to stop being a bunch of thieving knobs....

one thing that made me laugh was the £10 baccy pouch from Diem..... a solution to a problem that doesn't exist... as with a lot of stuff from manufacturers.... as for the £7 bore tool.....??? I use a pen knife.. cost me nowt as it was me dad's pipe cleaning knife... bait drill...? I use a drill bit... bait table...?? Gelert table from Go... £6.99... instead of £18 at AD... with loads of stuff you can save a fortune just by looking in your local camping shop or pound shop... bungee's for your barrow.... £1 in The Pound Shop... Spam £1 from the same shop Sweetcorn 4 pack for a quid.... look around you'll find loads of options to Tackle Manufacturers rip off's  

Is it just me that can see a perfectly presented snowman that really looks neat, while I probably wouldn't buy the Nash tool for it, I can see the logic in using a countersink 🤔

I never really look at aqua products way to pricey for me, and I agree look for bargains and you will find them, but if someone is happy to pay for things then that is up to them really, I just like to think I am thrifty or something 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Is it just me that can see a perfectly presented snowman that really looks neat, while I probably wouldn't buy the Nash tool for it, I can see the logic in using a countersink 🤔

I never really look at aqua products way to pricey for me, and I agree look for bargains and you will find them, but if someone is happy to pay for things then that is up to them really, I just like to think I am thrifty or something 

It makes a snowman really neat, without breaking the seal on the pop up by slicing the bottom off. It also allows the bait screw to go further into the pop up if using one, with less risk of it ‘rocking’ off due to it being housed in the bottom bait.

yeah, you could go out and buy a countersink as suggested in the link previously on this thread. They are around the same price but the handles are bigger since won’t sit neatly in your box with the rest of your rig tools. 

Some people just like to trash a product, no matter what it is.  Take the aqua tray for instance. Saying that you can buy one from Argos is a bit of a joke! The similar items you can get from there will not stand up to life on the bank. Yes, they might be from a similar concept, but they aren’t designed for use outdoors etc. 

I don’t fish snowman rigs, 99% of my fishing is multi rigs or zigs. However, if I was to use a snowman, I would use this tool to house the pop up into the bottom bait. Especially if using bait screws. Neatness is a big part of my fishing and I am anal about how my rigs look. They have to be just right. Does it matter? Who knows but what it does give me is confidence, and that alone is worth the extra bit of care taken when tying rigs up. 

1 minute ago, nigewoodcock said:

I don’t fish snowman rigs, 99% of my fishing is multi rigs or zigs. However, if I was to use a snowman, I would use this tool to house the pop up into the bottom bait. Especially if using bait screws. Neatness is a big part of my fishing and I am anal about how my rigs look. They have to be just right. Does it matter? Who knows but what it does give me is confidence, and that alone is worth the extra bit of care taken when tying rigs up. 

Nige, 

Would you prefer to pay £4.51 for the Rolson hardware countersink or £5.99 for the Nash countersink?

That is my point, carp tax being added on non fishing items just to sell them to sheep...😖😉

13 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Nige, 

Would you prefer to pay £4.51 for the Rolson hardware countersink or £5.99 for the Nash countersink?

That is my point, carp tax being added on non fishing items just to sell them to sheep...😖😉

Honestly mate, the nash one. £1.50 for it to fit into my tackle box and have an ergonomic, smaller handle than the large rolson one. The rolson one is designed to cut into timber, hence the larger handle. The nash one, suited more for cutting into boilies. 

6 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

I don’t think aqua have taken an Argos lap tray and just put a badge on it though???

I didn't say they have !!

Nash are or should be more like Nike as they have a strong brand name the problem is they shoot themselves in the foot quite often , NGT  are your primark.

The problem for companies the size of Nash is staying innovative in a packed market  where every product is copied overnight by other companies.