Cheap rig putty?

Dicky123

2 hours ago, Dicky123 said:

Thanks I'll stick with Kryston.

I'm the same, but I worry since Kryston is or was in The Taska stable that it has changed since I last bought any, so I started checking alternatives.

I rarely lose any, although for some reason crayfish love the stuff, picking it off hooklinks. 

The best I found has been Gardner Critical Mass. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just to give a bit of feedback on this. I brought some off E-Bay rubbish, did not stick and half the weight of the best Kryston. Kryston is amazing but Oh! Oh! so expensive and you only get a tiny piece in the new tin. Do you get more of the Gardner stuff than the Kryston Staff?

I got some of the nash putty by mistake and was glad I did

other putties ive use needed sticking to the side of my kettle in cold weather but this stuff is very malleable even after being in cold water but doesn't come off

very rare I cant reuse so one tub will last a long time

On 25 June 2019 at 10:14, Dicky123 said:

Just to give a bit of feedback on this. I brought some off E-Bay rubbish, did not stick and half the weight of the best Kryston. Kryston is amazing but Oh! Oh! so expensive and you only get a tiny piece in the new tin. Do you get more of the Gardner stuff than the Kryston Staff?

You aren't supposed to eat it😉😖😆

My Kryston Putty has lasted for years, it is reuseable, pull it off the rig (hookeye, olivette or stopknot) and put it back in the tub. 

It is the worry of how much and how good the new stuff is that concerns me.

Last time I bought Gardner the pack contained a lump about 5mm thick, 20mm x 15mm.

I have used other putties, none matched up to the quality of Gardner or Kryston. Nash and Korda were absolute rubbish.

I mentioned about using an olivette, and moulding putty around it, this is my 'crayfish resistant' pop-up rig if they are putty munching.

image.jpeg