Hello again all it's been a while

Hi everyone 

Not sure if anybody will remember me but I used to be a member years ago, 

I've been getting the old fishing bug back for a while, and while lots has changed I am older,greyer and nearly bald and married with childrens, I now feel it's time for a return to fishing, I used to love a long session on the bank that seems to be a distant dream, I think an overnighter may be a rare thing but I am hoping to nick the odd short session here and there, I'm going for the first time in a good few years tomorrow and I am buzzing ,

Anyway hope to be able to join in here and see what's changed in my absense,

I am gonna knock up some bait tonight in preparation for tomorrow while the misses is out shhhhhh :)

5 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm hoping too Nick

good to see your still around,I had a look online and couldn't find it, has the bait and feed co closed down ? Gonna have to make my own p42 I reckon :)

Yes Mate, they finally got caught playing with other companies base mixes...

There is a new incarnation, but I won't have anything to do with them.

Taking a while haven't got a sausage gun and notes were possibly needs 6 eggs rather than 5 or some extra oil bit dry :) sausages keep collapsing makes a nice ball though I've been hand rolling glad I only did a small mix now, but actually quite happy and weirdly confident that it might be quite a nice little bait, 

15496645679858410273615438572531.jpg

9 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Taking a while haven't got a sausage gun and notes were possibly needs 6 eggs rather than 5 or some extra oil bit dry :) sausages keep collapsing makes a nice ball though I've been hand rolling glad I only did a small mix now, but actually quite happy and weirdly confident that it might be quite a nice little bait, 

15496645679858410273615438572531.jpg

Sausages keep collapsing? Work the mix a bit more before rolling it might be the cure. If not it will be a case of another egg.

I worked it pretty hard and rested it for a bit, funnily enough even if the sausages collapsed it would still roll individually quite nicely once I cut it into boilie sized pieces, work in progress still I think maybe it was a 6 egg mix, as it was mainly powdered flavours and additives I used, I am going to add a little robin red liquid to the bag in the morning that will boost them right up I think, quick tidy up then make a couple of rigs :)

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I worked it pretty hard and rested it for a bit, funnily enough even if the sausages collapsed it would still roll individually quite nicely once I cut it into boilie sized pieces, work in progress still I think maybe it was a 6 egg mix, as it was mainly powdered flavours and additives I used, I am going to add a little robin red liquid to the bag in the morning that will boost them right up I think, quick tidy up then make a couple of rigs :)

I found some mixes went best through a bait gun, and others were best with a rolling table. Obviously wetter mixes were bait gun, but may need a bit of dry powder on the rollaball.

Trigga was a rolling table mix as is my mix on this thread

I think my next try will be 6 eggs and with a gun cheers nick that was s good read,

it's lovely just to be back on the bank it's windy but warm, was a bit limited for swims but I think I've done ok the wind is blowing into my corner nicely, should anything be heading this way chilli robins will hopefully attract them into feeding, 

Well I had some bait left so I thought I would pop back for a couple of hours fishing, just one other guy on the lake just watched him cast, he is using wraps and I have to say casting much more accurately than i, I have to say though I haven't even bought a marker rod with me again just chuck and hope for now, I think I need a proper session with some time to figure this place out a little better but I'll do what I can for now, casting practice won't hurt 

Hi all I've decided to try Quality Baits Basemix out as they seem so cheap in comparison to Haiths and If i can gain confidence in them they will be a much more wallet friendly approach 

I've gone for 5kg of 50/50 spicy bird food and fish, to that I will add CLO and the rest of the additives/flavours i tried last time and see where that leads but there is a basic starting point there to tinker with, I also ordered 10kg of pellets as they seemed very reasonable too, should keep me going for a while :)

My plan is to keep trying to winkle one out from the day ticket lake until may when I can join the club water and hopefully by then I will have a fully formed bait to start trickling in and the day ticket should help me remember how to catch fish and angle effectively again, 

My pb was a 27lb Common so naturally a 30 has to be a target for me , but will happily catch anything else along the way. 

I've missed the planning and plotting and hatching of ideas can you tell ? 

Just had a phone call from Simon of Quality Baits wow what a nice guy, he has put me right on a few bits I am now going to be starting off with the patshull park mix, and seeing where that will take me :)

if you are thinking of making some bait this year it's well worth getting in touch with quality baits, I know I haven't used them yet but I got a really good vibe talking to them and now feel happy i am doing the right thing, and I will look forward to using there basemixes this year and seeing where that may lead