Southern venue

Evening all. I’m looking for a venue for later this month. Wanting to fish the Friday night through till Sunday morning. Quite a rarity for me as I’m usually a quick over night angler. Seem to have got stuck in a rut and just looking for a one off change. 

So im based in Fareham Hampshire and looking for something within an hour ish. Don’t want a somewhere where I’ll be constantly catching 6lb commons. I’d quite happily fish the weekend for 1 lovely looking fish. Size isn’t everything (as I tell the wife) but it would be a bonus (as she tells me).

so where would you go?

thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, commonly said:

Try & avoid smelly & m25bank, o & the dreaded dip tank .

The bigger fish are in the main lake. Sticky or mainline can't go wrong. 

Take a towel cos showers are well nice, Pleanty of cash cos Eric's angling shop on site too. 

P. S. Avoid the geese if they are still there!!! 

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. 

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I’ve fished sandhurst a few times

I haven't, but heard it's got a few gems.. I'm on car park. 

Only been a few times to far lows, had 4 fish last time, m25 Bank(noisy as hell, but it was dammed) in the far corner, by the out of bounds section, guess where most the fish were??? But they move out. I put out krill and diamond whites.

Same as any venue really, try & find them first. You have to walk the venue, put a bucket & then go back to the office. 

Good luck mate 

If you go farlows don't avoid or ignore any area of the lake . The big fish get all over the lake. I seen somebody advise you get in main body of the lake and avoid certain areas. That's bad bad advice look every nook and cranny there well catchable on there.  You just got to get on them. Its also easy to blank if you get you location wrong.  

Edited by LJC carper

Not sure fella. Ask dave? 

On 22/11/2018 at 10:09, LJC carper said:

I seen somebody advise you get in main body of the lake and avoid certain areas. That's bad bad advice

You misunderstood me, the small lake holds less fish with the odd 30, the main lake including the nooks and crannies holds the bigger fish. 

4 hours ago, commonly said:

Any good dave? 

Sorry I really should’ve updated. Arrived last Friday to find the lake very busy. All main swims taken. As there was three of us fishing we were quite limited when it came to swim choice. Ended up down in swims 23 24 25. Looked good for a bite but wasn’t to be. The main reason for the trip was a bit of a social and few glasses of wine. Had a great time. 

The place seems well run and everyone we spoke to were pleasant and helpful. I did find it strange that at 6pm we were locked in. Abit like fishing Alcatraz. The only disappointment was the amount of rubbish left in swims. It was sad to see bags of rubbish thrown into trees. Some people ruin it for all. 

Id go back in the spring but I think I’d aim for a midweeker and pray it wasn’t so busy.