Rig foam

Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ok so i put up a thread last week about some pva nuggets ( bio degradable corn starch packing peanuts ) I bought ( won) off eBay ..this box cost me 8 quid in total I won the box full for £1 .( lucky I know ) with 7 quid postage ..they arrived today and I decided to test them against fox high risers and gardner colured rig foam ....

All 3 performed as follows 

Fox 10 secs 

Gardner 13 secs 

My eBay ones 12 seconds 

Now bearing on mind my bath was still quite warm so times would probably be different on  the pond weather dependent .but my main objective was achieved knowing that I can now fish with the ones I bought  safe in the knowledge that they perform as good as the two other shop bought ones but for a fraction of the cost ..plus I won't be running out any time soon20180821_165135.thumb.jpg.3b206fc244bbafe94f4daf7c61c6b64c.jpg

Screenshot_20180821-172712_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20180821-174517_eBay.jpg

20180821_170507.jpg

20180821_170459.jpg

Screenshot_20180821-202946_Google.jpg

5 hours ago, B.C. said:

Good for you for testing them Davey, wise move.. Should last you a while that lot......

Thanks pal ..had to make sure mine worked the same before casting out and seeing as I had the other two rig foams here  it was a no brainer to test all 3 against each other 

Edited by Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy

15 hours ago, Daveyyyyyyyyyyyy said:

Going to pack them down into 2 sealed boxes to prevent moisture mate 

i bagged mine into carrier bags full and taped em shut then put 3 or 4 carriers into a bin bag and taped that too, i then store them in my wooden shed with a couple of dehumidifiers on.

i take them a half bucket at a time and reseal it all each time. :wink:

I use the ones from Carp Craze. They are a little bit smaller so I tend to use two in different colours. That way, you know they've both come off....😉

I bought a box of cheaper ones, they are okay but not quite as "dense" so tend to come off a bit too quickly sometimes, doesn't matter how hard I squeeze them together. I've even had them fly off at impact before, which kind of defeats the object!!

I'll stick with my Carp Craze jobbies. The bright blue ones are best ;-) 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by smufter

On 24/08/2018 at 06:21, smufter said:

I use the ones from Carp Craze. They are a little bit smaller so I tend to use two in different colours. That way, you know they've both come off....😉

I bought a box of cheaper ones, they are okay but not quite as "dense" so tend to come off a bit too quickly sometimes, doesn't matter how hard I squeeze them together. I've even had them fly off at impact before, which kind of defeats the object!!

I'll stick with my Carp Craze jobbies. The bright blue ones are best ;-) 

s-l1600.jpg

I won't use the blue ones after being told that blue colouring is repulsive to carp.

I know there's not much logical about that, but I just can't put one on my hook.