Weigh sling recommendations

Yes, dont, weigh them in the landing net if you must, less stressful, i dont bother and then let them go, job done.

I've seen some right old capers going on with people trying to weigh a decent sized fish in a landing net before.

Lay the weigh sling out over your cradle/mat, unhook and zip up. Where's the stress?????

I would say that a fish gets a lot more stressed hunched up in the corner of a landing net than it does by laying out on a weigh sling.....

You may as well get a weigh & retention slings rather than just a wiegh sling smufter.

I completely agree with the earlier post that using your net is poor fish care & shouldn't be encouraged.

Good call on flotation sling, thought about getting one. Where do you guys stand on cradles/mats. As in ones that go on floor to ones that suspend the carp??

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

That NGT Phil linked to looks the best of that bunch.

I had seen the NGT and SKS ones, and they do look good alternatives.

The reason I highlighted the Trakker one is that the metal rings for attaching it to your scales to are sewn in, and cannot move.

This means that if my fishy friend decides to get a bit "lively" while he is being weighed the sling is not going to tip at all.

I had this happen a couple of times in France during the summer and it's a bit frightening when it goes (although we caught them in time).

Thanks for all of your thoughts lads. Much appreciated.

Rob

• 1 month later...

I went for the SKS one in the end.....price had just dropped to £22.00

:wink::wink::wink:

Smufter..... don't suppose you could give me the packed down dimensions of this by any chance? (Please)

I'm looking at getting one but want to know if it will fit in my scope rod bag or in the scope quiver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smufter..... don't suppose you could give me the packed down dimensions of this by any chance? (Please)

I'm looking at getting one but want to know if it will fit in my scope rod bag or in the scope quiver

Just checked mate and it's exactly 24" in length and 12" circumference when in it's supplied bag.

Not too big, and it's nice and light.

Hope that helps???