runs waters in West Midlands please.

Hi all,

As a beginner can anyone point me of a good water that has the potential of a few fish. Size isn't really an issue at the moment I'd just like to get used to catching then build up to the monsters.

I'm from wolverhampton and would travel upto 25 miles. Is there such a pool out there for me?

Many thanks.

Mr Cyborx will be along later and give you his expert opinion on your local Commies I expect . In the meanwhile have you tried the search facility ?

There's so many midlanders on here that I'm certain this very topic has been discussed before :wink:

Thanks for the replies. I've had a look through the search but most of what I'm finding is club waters although the club's do look like they have some nice waters. I guess I should have said day ticket to start with. I am now however tempted with joining a club if they have an "easy" water for me to get started! I will only be able to do day fishing rather than night fishing. Anybody know what bayliss pools is like now. All the old reviews make it sound like a waste of time trying it. Which one is the carp pool?

Hi all,

As a beginner can anyone point me of a good water that has the potential of a few fish. Size isn't really an issue at the moment I'd just like to get used to catching then build up to the monsters.

I'm from wolverhampton and would travel upto 25 miles. Is there such a pool out there for me?

Many thanks.

which side of wolves are you atm?

i asked because there are quite a variety around and about but if i can pin point you i can give you waters closer to you.

i live close to penn and merry hill so there is Pool Hall fisheries, himley hall great lake, bells mill fisheries, about ten miles of canal and various small rivers within a 15 min drive of me, if your talking 25 miles i could prob put you on at least 50ish waters and most of them quite good too :o 

theres ladymore pool on ladymore road, not long been landscaped, prouds lane pool on the junction of prouds lane and moseley road, again not long been landscaped and restocked, a little further afield and you have coppice lane pools at brownhills, cuttle mill sutton coldfield, day house farm nr halesowen, reedswood farm near to M6 junct 10, sheepwash pools on sheepwash lane great bridge, pool hall fisheries trescott (by me), some of these pools will need checking out as foreign otters may have been around and some of them are council run so again stocks may be in question. you can always check out the canals in the area as there are loads.

our little part of the midlands was a coal mining area at one time and the canals were put in for transport, you have the wyrely and essington at wednesfield bentley bridge (BIG pike), the staffs worcester, oh bu##er it here is a map lol

bcn_zpsu73xqbvo.gif

need any more info just PM me ok bud :wink:

I heard laymoor was polluted killing off most of its stock??? Something about chemicals being leaked into the brook that feeds into the pool. I did fish there a couple of years ago a few times, plenty of fish. As no one else fishes it now I believe the rumours must be true.

The grapes pool looks a nice pool but carp wise I don't know what the stocking has been like??? I've pleasure fished there and had tench and carp around 1lb. Maybe needs a few years to mature. Although I've seen a few bivvys over there.

Sheepwash lane is best avoided cars and tackle aint safe around that area.

I've never thought of fishing the canals for the carp, it's something I will have to look into along with the other pools you have mentioned.

Thanks.

Just got some pictures from another closed website, St Ives, a couple of the guys filmed a gang of Romanions stealing fish from Barston in your area, they were caught and they wont be back, didnt ask what happened to them, something nasty i hope, scumbags.

Post them here if you can.

Eating fish from any fishery has to be a danger sport, F1s that are immune to KHV wouldn't be going on my plate.

I heard laymoor was polluted killing off most of its stock??? Something about chemicals being leaked into the brook that feeds into the pool. I did fish there a couple of years ago a few times, plenty of fish. As no one else fishes it now I believe the rumours must be true.

The grapes pool looks a nice pool but carp wise I don't know what the stocking has been like??? I've pleasure fished there and had tench and carp around 1lb. Maybe needs a few years to mature. Although I've seen a few bivvys over there.

Sheepwash lane is best avoided cars and tackle aint safe around that area.

I've never thought of fishing the canals for the carp, it's something I will have to look into along with the other pools you have mentioned.

Thanks.

yeh, that may be the problem with any of the council run pools around here bud, pollution, foreign otters, thievery, drunks and potheads we have them all lol. it is better over this side of wolves but further for you to travel.

i am hitting bells mill fishery at the mo but i am reliving my feeder days, just good fun as they have carp, tench, barbel, orfe, koi, roach, rudd and even gudgeon to about 4-5 oz but the carp pool has fish to 30s with koi and ghosts among them.

there are loads of fisheries here abouts and a quick play on G will find them for you.

best of luck, Jon

Shame really, you often get Polish and Slovak lads fishing barston, got all the carp gear and are there for the proper side of angling, then these idiots turn up and they all get tared with the same brush.

You think they might try to behave for once, absolutely hated all over Europe and quickly wearing out any welcome in the UK they might of found.

Edited by Carpbell_ll

• 2 months later...

i am hitting bells mill fishery at the mo but i am reliving my feeder days, just good fun as they have carp, tench, barbel, orfe, koi, roach, rudd and even gudgeon to about 4-5 oz but the carp pool has fish to 30s with koi and ghosts among them.

Seen its closed now due to an outbreak of khv. Given the amount of stockings they've done, it's probably not a surprise and has probably been dormant until the warmer weather. Just got to hope people don't spread it into some of the other local waters.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Seen its closed now due to an outbreak of khv. Given the amount of stockings they've done, it's probably not a surprise and has probably been dormant until the warmer weather. Just got to hope people don't spread it into some of the other local waters.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

wow!! thanks for that androoooo, i haven't been down for a bit as its holiday season and had not heard about this.

was gonna sneak a quick one in on thursday cos im off again friday :lol:

Shame really, you often get Polish and Slovak lads fishing barston, got all the carp gear and are there for the proper side of angling, then these idiots turn up and they all get tared with the same brush.

You think they might try to behave for once, absolutely hated all over Europe and quickly wearing out any welcome in the UK they might of found.

After what's happened with those Romanians Barston kind of banned all "foreign otters" which are not known to fishery. Shame really as serious fishery dealing with problem in completly wrong way, looks like we are back in time to 60s...

After what's happened with those Romanians Barston kind of banned all "foreign otters" which are not known to fishery. Shame really as serious fishery dealing with problem in completly wrong way, looks like we are back in time to 60s...

They are just responding in the only way left to them. They can't vet everyone who goes there to see if they are good lads or not.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They are just responding in the only way left to them. They can't vet everyone who goes there to see if they are good lads or not.

Are you for real? Responding with such discrimination is not an answer... This would only cause some problems for them sooner or later.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Are you for real? Responding with such discrimination is not an answer... This would only cause some problems for them sooner or later.

Mate I don't work for them. If you have a beef just man up and take it up with Barston management. I am just calling it as I and a lot of others see it.

ok!! i have just come off the phone with a senior member of staff for the barston complex, here is the situation from the horses mouth.

Barston as a business has to do everything in its power to preserve the stocks and grounds of the complex in order to survive as a company

in light of recent thefts by persons unknown, management have made the decision to require visitors to the pools to fill out membership application forms stating Name, address and phone number.

the above is so that contact details are on record in the event of that person being reported for ANY misdemeanor/rule infringement and this includes but is not restricted to fish theft, anyone not willing to give these details is asked to leave the complex and not return.

so it seems that you have jumped to the wrong conclusion Alzak, it pays to do some research before posting such a potentially damaging remark.

if you want to check this out for yourself just give them a call on 01675 444890.

jon xxx

ok!! i have just come off the phone with a senior member of staff for the barston complex, here is the situation from the horses mouth.

Barston as a business has to do everything in its power to preserve the stocks and grounds of the complex in order to survive as a company

in light of recent thefts by persons unknown, management have made the decision to require visitors to the pools to fill out membership application forms stating Name, address and phone number.

the above is so that contact details are on record in the event of that person being reported for ANY misdemeanor/rule infringement and this includes but is not restricted to fish theft, anyone not willing to give these details is asked to leave the complex and not return.

so it seems that you have jumped to the wrong conclusion Alzak, it pays to do some research before posting such a potentially damaging remark.

if you want to check this out for yourself just give them a call on 01675 444890.

jon xxx

I did not jump to incorrect conclusion, I know day fishing now require kind of membership (which is free) but most (not all) Eastern Europeans are turned back now by Barston employees saying that membership is full!!

If this is not discrimination I'm not sure how you can call that?

I know they need to protect their livelihood but they way how they done this is not right.

How many thefts do you think (percentage wise) would go to Pro Shop to purchase ticket knowing they are to break the rules in a bit anyway?

Edited by Alzak