runs waters in West Midlands please.

Please do not get me wrong I think Barston is great water and credit to Nigel for all hard work he put in to get this lakes to where they are now.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

to be honest mate i dont now and cant see that i ever will fish at barston so their problems are never going to be my problems are they.

the only reason that i commented on your first post was because i saw that it was a possibly damaging remark and as they have suffered a lot of thefts from there i reasoned that it was unfair to post something that could potentially affect them even more.

as it turned out a quick phonecall has given me all the answers i required to refute your post.

if members of staff are going over and above their remit then that is a matter for people like you who are on the ground to bring to the attention of the responsible parties (I.E. da management) and NOT to do more harm by possibly damaging membership with incitive posts on a public forum.

to be honest mate i dont now and cant see that i ever will fish at barston so their problems are never going to be my problems are they.

the only reason that i commented on your first post was because i saw that it was a possibly damaging remark and as they have suffered a lot of thefts from there i reasoned that it was unfair to post something that could potentially affect them even more.

as it turned out a quick phonecall has given me all the answers i required to refute your post.

if members of staff are going over and above their remit then that is a matter for people like you who are on the ground to bring to the attention of the responsible parties (I.E. da management) and NOT to do more harm by possibly damaging membership with incitive posts on a public forum.

I simply described how Barston is dealing with problem, are my actions damaging or fishery employees who are imposing such measures?

Discrimination is not an answer to anything this days I'm more than sure you agree with me.

They should report any person caught breaking the rules especially if theft took place, as far as I can remember they let those Gypsies go few weeks ago... surely this was not best idea as they would simply go somewhere else or come back in few weeks.

I simply described how Barston is dealing with problem, are my actions damaging or fishery employees who are imposing such measures?

Discrimination is not an answer to anything this days I'm more than sure you agree with me.

i can see where you are coming from but, if you went into a corner shop to get some ciggies and the person behind the counter refused to serve you cos you didnt look right would you then stand outside and slag off the shop owner or tell him what has gone on?

if you went to tesco and the bloke on the till was disrespectful cos he was having a bad day, would you then stand outside with a placard saying that tesco were racist/discriminatory

no you would prob go home and fire off an email to the CEO telling them how disgusted you were at the behavior of (grab the name from his tag) fred ferret on isle three at so and so time.

in short i would let the management know what was going on with the staff and get something positive done about it instead of bleating on here about how hard done by you are.

i guess that you are a regular on there, if so have they stopped you from fishing, or are you just naggy at the seeming discriminatory behavior of the staff toward Eastern Europeans?

if the first i would ask for a good reason before taking legal action, if the second then it will settle down as and when fish thefts slow or stop, meanwhile just enjoy the peace and quiet of a day on the bank :wink:

btw, none of the above was meant as a personal dig at you :lol:

one thing i will add is that you cant blame the staff for their attitude when this kind of theft has multiplied exponentially with the influx of eastern european immigrants as well as the documented cases in the news and warnings by our police about how to approach suspects and what to look out for, an eastern european type accent is one of them, if this sort of discrimination is to be stopped it will have to be tackled by the peoples themselves as they are the ones who know who is stealing stock and they are the ones who will buy the carp to eat. i mean ffs there are much tastier fish in the sea lol

I'm not going to try and deny that this happens but I think it's potentially blown out of proportion by people. I'll give you a few examples from the last two weeks on various local club waters.

One I had just arrived and was setting up, its a small pool and doesnt hold many carp. An old guy walks past and asks had anything? I say no, he asks what you after, the carp? I say yes. He says well you won't catch any here, the poles have had them all. I say that's funny I had a mid twenty mirror out last week. He says, oh yeah, there's still the big mirror but that's it. I respond, well I saw 3 today walking round on my lunch hour. He says well they've had most of them, they come down at night and net the place. I said, well that's funny as I saw around 12 last week, sunning themselves in the weed beds. He says well they've had all the pike and tench. I said well I saw some tench earlier feeding.

All of my responses were based on observations, not made up but he obviously had picked up this story from somewhere.

This week, I went down the local park lake. There's quite often eastern europeans fishing it. They now have a baliff and I got chatting to him. I asked what stock he thought there was. He said about 100, problem is they go walkies. I asked a little more and he said, he never has problems with the eastern europeans, they all have licenses and permits. It's the English on there, fishing without licenses or permits and moving fish between the waters but any time you speak to someone from over here, they blame the eastern europeans.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

one thing i will add is that you cant blame the staff for their attitude when this kind of theft has multiplied exponentially with the influx of eastern european immigrants as well as the documented cases in the news and warnings by our police about how to approach suspects and what to look out for, an eastern european type accent is one of them, if this sort of discrimination is to be stopped it will have to be tackled by the peoples themselves as they are the ones who know who is stealing stock and they are the ones who will buy the carp to eat. i mean ffs there are much tastier fish in the sea lol

I'm not sure why you have such a point of view, we live in civilised country not some 3rd world one, to deal with crime is Police and other law enforcement agencies not general public.

You cannot put everyone to the same basket just because their accent for example...

I think you would be surprised how many EE anglers are around you that not causing any harm to anyone but opinion about them is spoiled by few.

Edited by Alzak

I'm not sure why you have such a point of view, we live in civilised country not some 3rd world one, to deal with crime is Police and other law enforcement agencies not general public.

You cannot put everyone to the same basket just because their accent for example...

I think you would be surprised how many EE anglers are around you that not causing any harm to anyone but opinion about them is spoiled by few.

whoa there bud!! i think you may have the wrong end of the stick, i have absolutely zero problem with any race, eastern europeans included, as long as they whoever they are respect the laws and the customs of the country that they choose to inhabit.

you will notice that the romanians who 'STOLE' fish from barston decided to ignore the laws on theft, misappropriation of private property etc.

I have not said anywhere on here that i agree with what is going on, i have NOT put ANYONE in any basket. if you read back over you will see that it was in fact YOU that was calling out about discrimination, and i know exactly how many EE anglers there are around me at any given time because i communicate with other anglers while i am on the bank and MY opinion is formed by MYSELF not some moaner on a forum somewhere.

yes i had noticed that you (and dont misconstrue this statement) either do not  write well or English is not your native language, either way it matters not to me as the only thing you need to have in common with me is a love for angling.

and yes, thankfully we do live in a civilized country, a land where every man is a king of his own castle but a land where we have rules and laws in place to keep it civilized and a land where it is expected that you adhere to those rules and laws. if you dont you will be punished, the problem is that you may also get your fellows punished too and that is the fault of the one who broke the law not me bud.

you are winding me up now with your whining on about the poor people that thru no fault of mine cannot fish barston so i shall block you and have done ok :wink:

whoa there bud!! i think you may have the wrong end of the stick, i have absolutely zero problem with any race, eastern europeans included, as long as they whoever they are respect the laws and the customs of the country that they choose to inhabit.

you will notice that the romanians who 'STOLE' fish from barston decided to ignore the laws on theft, misappropriation of private property etc.

I have not said anywhere on here that i agree with what is going on, i have NOT put ANYONE in any basket. if you read back over you will see that it was in fact YOU that was calling out about discrimination, and i know exactly how many EE anglers there are around me at any given time because i communicate with other anglers while i am on the bank and MY opinion is formed by MYSELF not some moaner on a forum somewhere.

yes i had noticed that you (and dont misconstrue this statement) either do not write well or English is not your native language, either way it matters not to me as the only thing you need to have in common with me is a love for angling.

and yes, thankfully we do live in a civilized country, a land where every man is a king of his own castle but a land where we have rules and laws in place to keep it civilized and a land where it is expected that you adhere to those rules and laws. if you dont you will be punished, the problem is that you may also get your fellows punished too and that is the fault of the one who broke the law not me bud.

you are winding me up now with your whining on about the poor people that thru no fault of mine cannot fish barston so i shall block you and have done ok :wink:

I think you misunderstood me, I'm all for banning people who are breaking the rules especially thiefs, what I do not understand is how you can ban law abiding anglers who follow all rules.

And yes I'm not native English speaking person and yes I was kind of (once a month) regular at above fishery, I was turned back because my accent, I'm angler for past 20 years and live in this country for past 14 and this was first time I experienced such negative attitude towards me which kind of surprised me but I guess that's life.

Please don't think I have something against you as i don't, I like constructive discussions no matter how different view the other party have.