Xplode spomb type thingy

I can't remember who it was on the forum but most definitely someone on here that gave it a rave review(the yellow and black one*) I also can't remember which thread it was in, after seeing there review I had a look at them and could find nothing but excellent reviews! Not a very useful reply but I'm sure that "someone" will reply to this at some point.

Anybody used the explode bait delivery system?.

Just wondering how well they cast compared to a spomb

I have one Muft . Never used it in an actual fishing situation but I have had a cast or ten over my local park lake a few afternoons when practising my spodding and it's much better than a Spomb imo , opens every time , the pigeon grub I was using doesn't get in the internals like a Spomb and casts really well .

It was recommended to me by Mik ( Carprecheur) and I'm glad I invested in one whilst I had the spare cash .

Also Dal swears by his :wink:

Edited by salokcinnodrog

Anybody used the explode bait delivery system?.

Just wondering how well they cast compared to a spomb

I have one Muft . Never used it in an actual fishing situation but I have had a cast or ten over my local park lake a few afternoons when practising my spodding and it's much better than a Spomb imo , opens every time , the pigeon grub I was using doesn't get in the internals like a Spomb and casts really well .

It was recommended to me by Mik ( Carprecheur) and I'm glad I invested in one whilst I had the spare cash .

Also Dal swears by his :wink:

That will do for me , I've heard how well it opens but just wanted to know if it casts as well due to the shape not looking as aerodynamic as the spomb.

I'll order one now.

• 2 months later...

Well I got to use mine on Monday for the day.... now I have used the original spomb a lot & find the large one superb for getting bait out quick at range . So I write this review with a fair bit of experience of using these bits of kit .

1 - the xsplode doesn't hold as much bait as the spomb

2- doesn't retrieve anywhere near as well as the spomb

3- cast just as well maybe a touch better than the spomb but nothing in it really .

4- the catch is to sensitive and opens in flight when fishing into a good head wind

5 - slightest bit of bait anywhere but in side the xsplode and it won't shut unlike the spomb

6 thought it was louder & caused more disturbance than the spomb .

So basically not as good as the original in my eyes & will be sticking the large spomb back on next time out :wink:

Nice to know:

4- the catch is to sensitive and opens in flight when fishing into a good head wind

Is this regarding the Xplode?

I thought that was one of the complaints of using the spomb? (I haven't had a problem with the spomb doing that - only got the small one though - although it is fiddly loading it with wet small particles [should use my hands I suppose :lol:])

I have been using the same xplode since they came on the market. It has not broken yet which is more than can be said of the spombs I have had. The main advantage for me is that you can fill it and close it one handed while holding the rod in the other hand so I find it much faster to bait up an area. I am not a massive caster so have no worries on the distance score. Main downside is it does not retrieve as nicely as the spomb - but of the two I much prefer the xplode. I always have both in my bait bucket but always choose the xplode first.

• 2 weeks later...

So is there no spillage with an Xplode?

None and you can get more bait in as there are no 'no-fill' compartments in the interior to cause blockages so it shuts every time and always opens on impact .

Aero-dynamics are excellent too . I have next to no experience of spodding but I've been practising a bit and they are so much easier to use .

Oh and easier to fill one handed .

Can't remember off the top of my head , got mine off a French website as it was recommends to me by Mik (Carprecheur) and is illegal in this country , something to do with Spomb copyright I believe .

You can get em on eBay I think and aren't expensive .

Ere you go :wink:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131552332837

Edited by newmarket