The football thread

Bring back the terraces ,I can remember being on Burnden park when there was 51000 on when I was a nipper , even when we were in the old 4th division there was more of an atmosphere than the soulless reebock/ macron ! I hate the place , a soulless characterless , clinical , modern stadium , the only good point I would make for it is that the view is not restricted by pillars or posts anywhere, there was nothing better than jumping up n down for a minute when your team score then having to find your mates again  and your were kept warm in winter like sardines !

On another tack lads , what about the Liverpool led protest at the entrance charges, its now spread to Germany. This is a working class game, i rememeber when i was about 15 , it didnt cost me much to watch my heroes, used to save for a couple of weeks and me and the local Irons contingent would have our adventure, get  a breakfast and take our place on the north bank screaming on our heros for a couple of weeks pocket money, same with the cobblers, we wore our twin scarves with pride, and trudged to the stadium knowing it would not cost a fortune. Now, even a comfortable old football fanatic has to thnk hard, 77 quid, have these owners ever driven to the areas around these grounds, they are our clubs, they only exist because of us, dont price us out of our heretage, protest you guys, sod big business, lets take it back, bravo Liverpool.

On another tack lads , what about the Liverpool led protest at the entrance charges, its now spread to Germany. This is a working class game, i rememeber when i was about 15 , it didnt cost me much to watch my heroes, used to save for a couple of weeks and me and the local Irons contingent would have our adventure, get  a breakfast and take our place on the north bank screaming on our heros for a couple of weeks pocket money, same with the cobblers, we wore our twin scarves with pride, and trudged to the stadium knowing it would not cost a fortune. Now, even a comfortable old football fanatic has to thnk hard, 77 quid, have these owners ever driven to the areas around these grounds, they are our clubs, they only exist because of us, dont price us out of our heretage, protest you guys, sod big business, lets take it back, bravo Liverpool.

Reports coming from the club that the owners have listened. Prices dropped and season tickets frozen. Well done everybody involved.

It is disgusting, if you think along the lines as one of the Golds mentioned , the ticket income makes no difference to whether the club can afford to buy Ronaldo or Messi!!! really it should only have to cover the cost of stewards and police presence ....12th man is worth so much more!!!

Watched the game tonite, Peterboro versus WBA, West Ham kid on loan, Samuelsen, played brilliant then missed a penalty during the shootout, this kids going to be a real superstar, Norwegian unfortunately.

Yes I watched to too to specifically watch the kid . He rang rings around West Brom even considering Pulis' dog poo it was some performance ....

Turned on Ars vs LC at 75:00 and it's tied 1 - 1, thank goodness I didn't miss anything![emoji28]

And then Arsenal just pounds away, almost scoring with a few good chances and in 4 min stoppage time only using half the field... 94:30 Welbeck scores and once again Arsenal proves how great they are. Yayyyy![emoji106]

Player sent off didn't help buzz,but Leicester have defended deep all season and hit on the counter,a draw probably would of been a fair result.

Only one of 3 really good shots went in at the end as well, it could have been 3 - 1. Liverpool just spanking AVL now, 4 - 0 with half an hour left.

Edit: 5 - 0. I'll abandon this bloodbath and go make kippers.