The football thread

sorry I cant get the quote facility to work , for Mufty :wink:

the bit after Christmas that saw us win 3 games out of 25 or something like that . that is most certainly relegation FORM Muft and if that bad run had began a month earlier we would have been sucked into that dogfight for sure.

you cant KEEP telling me to be careful what I wish for mate , now he is safely out of the way even Sams staunchest backers have slipped back into the wood work .

I reckon the reason that our squad seems to be getting an almighty overhaul is simple . when the Dudley dinosaur leaves a club he leaves it in such a state and they are not in a position to rectify it.

my theory is that we , West Ham , are .

that's why none of the new signings/big names are getting any game time in the Europa., Bilic is fielding the old guard so he can evaluate em .

just a theory , time will tell .

start on me at xmas mate , :oops:

If and buts mate,we were already safe before that bad run and the we are not the first team to down tools once safe.

I hope bilic is the right man but I'm not do sure, it's a massive gamble for the owners to bring in a manager with no premier league experience in what is probably one of the most important seasons in our history.

i agree with that mate i really do .

i tend to think that ,so far , and it is difficult to tell , Bilic is trying to get em playing the right way ( which to me anyway is THE most important thing) .

i`ve seen every minute of the 4 cup games so far and i don't think that Sams squad has the players to do it , which i think CM said to me a few months ago , hence the bad shows so far.

i expect a different team for every game between now and Arsenal , a few better players added to the squad each and every time .

this Lanzini and Payet Muft . have you seen what they can do ? :P

lets hope they all click straight away like last yeatrs newbies ....

I think that Bilic is a good move provided he knows how to grounf out a result like BFS.

The problem with top flight football these days is that a lack of instance success can be, and often are, totally disastrous. Bilic needs to be given a couple of years to get it right; but he needs to ensure relatively comfortable Premier League survival at the same time. Not an easy task.

And watching the Anniversary Games this weekend, the new stadium is going to be totally rubbish. I forgot that one of the conditions is that they have to keep the running track. I hope a season ticket comes with a free pair of binoculars :wink:

cant remember what its called Dal , but there is special seating that comes out at the press of a button and covers the running track so the front rows will be quite close to the action mate , after the game the seating will pop back into the hidden space from whence it appeared :wink:

A well deserved victory for the mighty Gooners in the charity shield 8)

And even better, Wengers first victory over Mourinho 8) a massive mental stumbling block has been overcome :wink:

Let's hope we can keep it up into the Premiership campaign!!

I think your new keeper will win you the title .

You heard it here first :)

As for yesterday's game all I will say is that it was refreshing to see a West Ham team passing and moving for a change , going a goal up then 2 goals up yet still looking to break and add to it whilst defending so resolutely and if the truth be known never looked in any danger .

Win a few and lose a few I'm sure but I'll be careful what I wish for and live in hope that we have consigned the last four years to the bin.

Long live entertainment . Win lose or draw pour some more and enjoy the rollercoaster :wink: