Good old Korda ......

newmarket

well sorry to get back on  to korda, but ive just got back from a week in france with five mates. three of us took the new krank hooks with us and we had 25 takes on this particular rig/hook pattern with only one loss, which was my fault entirely :oops:  :oops:( the lure of another kronenburg took me from my rods and whilst away i had a take and was duly left with my rig in a reed bed) :oops:  :oops:  . all in all i feel its a very good hook. it landed fish to 63lb for one of my mates. so big, powerful fish in weed and no actuall hook pulls during fights or no bent out hooks. well pleased with them.

well sorry to get back on to korda, but ive just got back from a week in france with five mates. three of us took the new krank hooks with us and we had 25 takes on this particular rig/hook pattern with only one loss, which was my fault entirely :oops::oops:( the lure of another kronenburg took me from my rods and whilst away i had a take and was duly left with my rig in a reed bed) :oops::oops: . all in all i feel its a very good hook. it landed fish to 63lb for one of my mates. so big, powerful fish in weed and no actuall hook pulls during fights or no bent out hooks. well pleased with them.

Thats good to hear mate :wink:

well sorry to get back on to korda, but ive just got back from a week in france with five mates. three of us took the new krank hooks with us and we had 25 takes on this particular rig/hook pattern with only one loss, which was my fault entirely :oops::oops:( the lure of another kronenburg took me from my rods and whilst away i had a take and was duly left with my rig in a reed bed) :oops::oops: . all in all i feel its a very good hook. it landed fish to 63lb for one of my mates. so big, powerful fish in weed and no actuall hook pulls during fights or no bent out hooks. well pleased with them.

Since I've bought some I've only fished barbless lakes but I think they are a great hookpattern, really appeal to me.

Good to hear they perform as well as I hoped 8)

While writing that, I just wondered why I haven't used them and crushed the barb :oops:

Since I've bought some I've only fished barbless lakes but I think they are a great hookpattern, really appeal to me.

Good to hear they perform as well as I hoped 8)

While writing that, I just wondered why I haven't used them and crushed the barb :oops:

I wondered why they've only produced em in barbed , albeit micro ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well sorry to get back on  to korda, but ive just got back from a week in france with five mates. three of us took the new krank hooks with us and we had 25 takes on this particular rig/hook pattern with only one loss, which was my fault entirely :oops:  :oops:( the lure of another kronenburg took me from my rods and whilst away i had a take and was duly left with my rig in a reed bed) :oops:  :oops:  . all in all i feel its a very good hook. it landed fish to 63lb for one of my mates. so big, powerful fish in weed and no actuall hook pulls during fights or no bent out hooks. well pleased with them.

Another example of DF marketing, they are nothing new and have been made by the likes of VMC and used by french anglers for some time.

The Korda state that they were invented by one of their golden boys, eh, I dont think so.

Another example of DF marketing, they are nothing new and have been made by the likes of VMC and used by french anglers for some time.

The Korda state that they were invented by one of their golden boys, eh, I dont think so.

I cant remember if i mentioned it on this thread or another one but Carp-r-us have been producing a crank hook for ages and they do look very similar .

I have nothing against DF or Korda, but I do dislike some of their gear and some of their statements etc.

Dany has a remarkable talent for marketing and making people take note and he certainly makes money,for that I praise him.

But I dislike it when I here them state that one of their sponsered anglers or company members have designed a rig or even an item of tackle and its not true, eg Krusher, anyone who has been in a cocktail bar will have seen them used and years before Korda, their hook paterns etc.

And then rigs etc, take a look at the naked chod that according to their tv programs, was developed by one of theirs, it was being used and written about on this forum years ago, etc etc

I have yet to see anything done by them that was not described or used before and if they then market it to the masses, so be it, however they should not claim its their idea, but the law being what it is they can do it and get away with it as normal mortal anglers do not have the finances to pay for filling patents.

I have nothing against DF or Korda, but I do dislike some of their gear and some of their statements etc.

Dany has a remarkable talent for marketing and making people take note and he certainly makes money,for that I praise him.

But I dislike it when I here them state that one of their sponsered anglers or company members have designed a rig or even an item of tackle and its not true, eg Krusher, anyone who has been in a cocktail bar will have seen them used and years before Korda, their hook paterns etc.

And then rigs etc, take a look at the naked chod that according to their tv programs, was developed by one of theirs, it was being used and written about on this forum years ago, etc etc

I have yet to see anything done by them that was not described or used before and if they then market it to the masses, so be it, however they should not claim its their idea, but the law being what it is they can do it and get away with it as normal mortal anglers do not have the finances to pay for filling patents.

I used the 'silt rig' or 'paternoster' without leadcore, long before korda 'invented' the naked chod, same same with the 'KD rig' infact i never realised 'KD' was a thing, its just the way some guys tied knotless knots. Both rigs i picked up from people who had been using for yonks! 

Can't say i hate Kordda for trying it o though. Enough people believe them. 

I used the 'silt rig' or 'paternoster' without leadcore, long before korda 'invented' the naked chod, same same with the 'KD rig' infact i never realised 'KD' was a thing, its just the way some guys tied knotless knots. Both rigs i picked up from people who had been using for yonks!

Can't say i hate Kordda for trying it o though. Enough people believe them.

Just for clarity; Korda have never claimed to have invented the naked chod or the KD rig :wink:

Just for clarity; Korda have never claimed to have invented the naked chod or the KD rig :wink:

When I was in a hospital bed I whatched fishing on TV, on a thinking tackle program DF was talking to someone, I think called Tom and he clearly stated that the nacked chod was his development of the normal chod set up and he then went on to show the EXACT setup that has been described on this forum and others.

As to the KD, sorry but I do not know what that rig is. :oops:

When I was in a hospital bed I whatched fishing on TV, on a thinking tackle program DF was talking to someone, I think called Tom and he clearly stated that the nacked chod was his development of the normal chod set up and he then went on to show the EXACT setup that has been described on this forum and others.

As to the KD, sorry but I do not know what that rig is. :oops:

I think he means that 'Korda' never claimed to have invented them, but people who were korda consultants did.