Litter

shades

As someone that has done 15 years in security, fisheries will not put cctv up as one its expensive and there is only one person that will pay for it (us carpers).

And there is a salary involved for someone to be watching the cctv say 12-24 hrs time which again who would pay that? :roll:

the monument fishery are glad they've got cctv. just read their catch report. they've had 3 new unhooking mats nicked.

I THINK GETTING CAMERAS AROUND FISHERIES WATCHING AND IF THEY GET CAUGHT LEAVIN RUBISH THE MUST LEAVE THE PREMISIS..

"excuse me! You just left a bag of rubbish in ur swim, i'm going to have to ask you to leave the premesis"

"oh, that alright i was just leaving anyway"

doi! :lol:

well then if the refuse to get it ban thye from the water for a simple amount of time...its not hard isit

As someone that has done 15 years in security, fisheries will not put cctv up as one its expensive and there is only one person that will pay for it (us carpers).

And there is a salary involved for someone to be watching the cctv say 12-24 hrs time which again who would pay that? :roll:

And the maximum that you can concentrate on CCTV for is a maximum of 20minutes!

Its down to Education again. Everyone (though not us) thinks that that is what Street Cleaners/Bailiffs are there for, its happens everywhere and not just at Fisheries.

The Lake I was at today had Bins behind almost every other swim and there was no Rubbish about and its Day Ticket now.

I think the right to Ban Litter droppers should be exercised and enforced

• 1 year later...

I've just walked around the local lake while I was having a bit of a pre-bait and fish spotting session.

I'm glad that I had 3 carrier bags in my pocket as I ended up filling them with Litter. Soft drinks and Beer Cans and Bottles, Line, sweetcorn tins and bags, crisp packets, sweet and biscuit wrappers, 3 disgorgers, 2 floats and a plummet. What is even worse is that in many cases there were bins available. 5 metres from the bin and it still ends up on the ground

I did draw the line at picking up the toilet paper and excrement :evil::evil: that had been left right next to the main path that many children and dog walkers go along every day.

Litter is an absolute disgrace, anyone who leaves it should be banned from fishing, or even Living!

As for those who do need a "Pony", please BURY OR BAG IT AND BIN IT!

I agree with the anger, I despise litter. Its just laziness and disrespect for both the countryside and your fellow angler, and it does my head in. There's no harm in bagging it up and slinging it in the car or a bin nearby, and I've lost count of the times I've turned up to fish and ended up doing a good long litter-pick around my swim because someone else couldn't be bothered. Morons :evil: :evil: :evil:

I agree with the anger, I despise litter. Its just laziness and disrespect for both the countryside and your fellow angler, and it does my head in. There's no harm in bagging it up and slinging it in the car or a bin nearby, and I've lost count of the times I've turned up to fish and ended up doing a good long litter-pick around my swim because someone else couldn't be bothered. Morons :evil: :evil: :evil:

I quite agree. Not been a problem lately though, eh? :wink:

It really annoys me that certain people that call themselves "Anglers" and you would think would respect wildlife and the surroundings they are in still persist in leaving bags, tins and the like but the most annoying thing for me is line, i know we all cut amounts of line at the bank but most of us manage to take it home or to the nearest bin.

Rant over :wink:

If i have to remove any amount of line on the bank it gets cut into small half inch pieces, or if it a serious amount then yeah it comes home with me, the bonus of fishing rivers is that you see alot less rubbish on the banks than you do at pools/ponds, at teh end of teh day if you can be botherd to carry it down full, be botherd to carry it back empty :roll::roll::wink:

• 4 months later...

Went down to "my" lake today for a couple of hours and was absolutely appalled. :evil::evil:

I ended up with a number of Carrier Bags of rubbish that had been dropped.

From Fishing line measuring tens of metres, Deadbait Packets, Trace Packets, sweetcorn tins, shoelaces cut in half, and a Pike Trace, complete with half a sprat. :shock:

Add to that the other rubbish, paper etc I think it was 4or5 bags of rubbish picked up and binned.

The sick part is that behind some of the swims are Rubbish bins. The rubbish had been dropped on the bank 2 metres away from them, looking like no attempt to bin it.

:shock::evil::evil:

Those who drop litter should be banned from every fishery in Britain, or even the world and should have their right to life revoked :!:

FOR HEAVENS SAKE, EVERY ANGLER, PUT YOUR RUBBISH IN THE BIN or even better TAKE IT HOME AND BIN IT

Its disgusting, I cannot remember the last time I have gone fishing and NOT picked up at least an empty bag of groundbait, handful of thick mono, crisp packets etc all from within 5 feet of the lake.

I personally feel a person should be banned at the least from a lake for some time if caught, totally inexcusable.

You get fined for dropping litter, fags and chewing gum on the streets. You can even have to go to court about it. Why not fine people for littering on a lake, then everyone can buy some bins :o

Once went to kingsbury water park after a bank holiday and it looked like a bomb had hit the place. I even helped the ranger pick some of the litter up it was that bad. I think he said he filled somewhere in the region of 20 black bin bags just round the one lake. That was due mainly from the argos brigade fishing in the holidays. Its normaly ok any other time. I dont see why its so hard to take it home with you though. :evil:

• 2 months later...
Litter is an Absolute PET HATE of Mine.

From bits of line and general Rubbish.

I must admit to dropping my Tab end of Roll Ups, but since its paper and tobacco only and NO Filter. Yet Filter ends I pick up and put in the bin bag.

I seem to go home with more litter than I know I made, carrier bags and Bait Bucket almost always filled up with mine and what I picked up

The strangest thing though, why do people take great care in pushing a Bag of Litter into the Deepest darkest Brambles, risking Life and Cuts and Prickles? it takes less effort to take it home. :roll::?

The absolute worst though has to be people who can't be bothered to tidy up after having a Dump on the Bank, leaving Excrement and Bog roll about is disgusting.

:evil::evil::evil:

BAG IT AND BIN IT or BURY IT! :!:

Local Lake this week.

One swim, absolutely disgusting, Line, Leadcore leaders, rigs, broken glass, Beer Cans and bottles, the remains of fires in the swim. Just out of the swim, in almost every part of the undergrowth, and some plain ground, the whole area was covered in Human Excrement and that piece of Bog roll. :evil::x:evil:

Just over the road from the lake is a Picnic area with a Public Toilet

For Gods sake, if you do get caught short on the bank, BAG IT OR BIN IT.

• 1 month later...
Litter is an Absolute PET HATE of Mine.

From bits of line and general Rubbish.

I must admit to dropping my Tab end of Roll Ups, but since its paper and tobacco only and NO Filter. Yet Filter ends I pick up and put in the bin bag.

I seem to go home with more litter than I know I made, carrier bags and Bait Bucket almost always filled up with mine and what I picked up

The strangest thing though, why do people take great care in pushing a Bag of Litter into the Deepest darkest Brambles, risking Life and Cuts and Prickles? it takes less effort to take it home. :roll::?

The absolute worst though has to be people who can't be bothered to tidy up after having a Dump on the Bank, leaving Excrement and Bog roll about is disgusting.

:evil::evil::evil:

BAG IT AND BIN IT or BURY IT! :!:

Local Lake this week.

One swim, absolutely disgusting, Line, Leadcore leaders, rigs, broken glass, Beer Cans and bottles, the remains of fires in the swim. Just out of the swim, in almost every part of the undergrowth, and some plain ground, the whole area was covered in Human Excrement and that piece of Bog roll. :evil::x:evil:

Just over the road from the lake is a Picnic area with a Public Toilet

For Gods sake, if you do get caught short on the bank, BAG IT OR BIN IT.

That is revolting !

Quite simply.

What sort of a person could actully leave it there! Never mind if someone was to fall in it! :evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

• 9 years later...

On my old syndicate lake that was on a country park had bad litter problems.  I said to the head ranger once that why were there not more bins around the park. Because it would cost more money to go round and collect them was his reply. And yet they have to go round and pick all the rubbish left by picnics etc anyway. False economy if you ask me. And yet if an angler went in to a swim full of litter left by picnics etc it was their duty to clear the swim. Used to make my blood boil. 

Edited by emmcee

I have a young apprentice at the mo and I let him know in no uncertain terms first time he drops litter my tuition ends and he'll get a thick ear... I despise litter and litterers

if you went to their house and took a dump on their front room floor and left it there they'd soon get the hump so why do the same outside... same with dog walkers who pick up their dog mess and then leave the bag hanging on a bush or tree

really winds me up

2 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

All lakes should have pictures of what discarded items have done to animals on entrances. The brutal reality. That’ll soon make people stop and think, I would hope. 

2 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

I have a local fishable country park that also do not have bins around the waters.  What a nonsense. There are working park rangers, how hard can it be to clear the bins a few times a week. Instead I walk down there to find all sorts of rubbish scattered

Sadly Mate, I don't think pictures of what discarded tackle has done will deter some, as the notices prohibiting fires are ignored.

The nearest car parking area to the park lake near me is sometimes used as a 'fly tip point'.

Some of the anglers who fish there really don't care about other animals, dogs etc. Just before the end of March I walked round with Sky, and found a pike trace and trebles just dumped on the ground. It is not the first.

I have put fires on the bank out myself, then wished I had called the fire brigade, just to draw attention to it. If the fire brigade keep getting called out then they might put pressure on the council.

In all the times I have walked round Chantry Park, I have only seen two park rangers this year. They are spread too thin, no on-site full time staff.

15 years ago a ranger went round every day emptying the bins and clearing litter with a trailer on his quad bike!

I keep on emailing the council with pictures of the litter, of overflowing bins, so maybe it was that pressure that got those rangers down there, but I haven't seen them since, and I do walk Sky around there frequently, and I still email the council with pictures and information when the bins are full.

image.jpeg

On 07/06/2019 at 12:53, bluelabel said:

... same with dog walkers who pick up their dog mess and then leave the bag hanging on a bush or tree

This is hard one to judge with as   I have seen some people pick it up leave the bag due to a lack of bins on the walk and then pick  it up in the way back though.  

But I have also seen the opposite..  does make me wonder why they go though the effort of putting a bag in the 1st place. 

Personally I will bag it and carry it till I get to bin. Just part of having a dog  but as with litter I think it's the minority  running for the majority. 

There a day ticket near me that names Shames and bans them  with the evidence  going on there face ache page if they leave anyhing  at the lake or on the roads approaching the lake . It tough but there isn't a single bit of rubbish there