Rushes lake

graphy

I was going to go down the livebait road again for the cats but i dont think i can be bothered with the time spent catching the lives so i will also be using the pellets. Have a look at the dynamite baits new 30mm cat pellets the bloodied eel absolutely reek.

I was going to go down the livebait road again for the cats but i dont think i can be bothered with the time spent catching the lives so i will also be using the pellets. Have a look at the dynamite baits new 30mm cat pellets the bloodied eel absolutely reek.

I used those when I fished Waveney Valley they worked well and they stain your hands and boy yes they do stink :shock:

• 3 weeks later...

Kim/ Iain regarding the catfish pro hooks circle hooks i only used these when fishing the lives where hooking the carp isnt going to be a possiblity. The size i was using were the 1,0s which to be honest aren't that much bigger than some carp hooks i've seen in the past. I do fully agree with you that they shouldn't be used for pellet rigs and i have in the past posted on here that in my opinion circle or even longshank nailor patterns are a dangerous hook when used for carp fishing. Catfish pro do also do a nice size 2 boiliee/pellet hook that might be more suitable for the job basically its a heavy wire widegape type pattern.

Jez

PS. the livebait rigs do 99.9% of the time hook up in the scissors on the cats causing very little damage due to their hard pads/mouths (also very good for pike where lots less damage than a pair of trebles) but agreed not a hook for baits where carp are a possiblity.

I'll certainly be bringing some Mainline Cell just to back up the bait that Ian has sorted for us. Bucket of doggies, too.

Jez, if you're still going to spend our last night there with us please bring cider. I may be running short by then. You owe me several from last time there. :wink:

Was it really 4 years ago? How time flies!

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck mate, only 2 weeks till i go, cant wait. Let me know how you get on?

Graphy, I look forward to your catch report, mate. And to your thoughts on the place in general.

Try to arrive there hungry, give Kim 110 euros for the food package, and leave a week later, feeling plump. :shock:

Ian

Nice cat. Young Matt is a proper, working angler, bless him.

How did you do with the carp, Jez? As you know we were on the week before you guys and the fishing was very, very slow. Hope it improved for you. Did Simon catch, eventually? I do hope so :shock:

Ian

Only one week now, can't wait :lol: . Ill do a full catch report and pics when i get back. Im starting the hunger strike now on the recomendations on how good Kims food is and the portions hmmmmm.

You may never see your ribcage again............. :lol:

Ian