BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT CARP WATERS

iv done a few day sessions on there ,,as you say its not the biggest lake...

sure there is a 30 in there called turbo :?:? not 100%

anyone know how barston is fishing may go up mid wk??

Rediculously easy as usual.. anything towards the island

Whilst the island is the obvious feature, this water doesn't surrender to the obvious.

I could quite simply tell all of you where to fish to. I won't. Work it out, guys, like I did.

And Joe, it isn't ridiculously easy. You, like many, assume that the island is the place to be casting to. WRONG.

It's all about wind direction. Now work it out.

Ian

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

iv done a few day sessions on there ,,as you say its not the biggest lake...

sure there is a 30 in there called turbo :?:? not 100%

anyone know how barston is fishing may go up mid wk??

Rediculously easy as usual.. anything towards the island

Whilst the island is the obvious feature, this water doesn't surrender to the obvious.

I could quite simply tell all of you where to fish to. I won't. Work it out, guys, like I did.

And Joe, it isn't ridiculously easy. You, like many, assume that the island is the place to be casting to. WRONG.

It's all about wind direction. Now work it out.

Ian

Just speaking from previous experience mate, Been quite a few times, all different weather conditions and always fished to the island except once and always caught VERY well :wink:

i cannot comment on fishing the island because its an area that iv yet to fish..

for few reasons one being its aways the first place that gets biz, and has allot of pressure..

as for the wind its is a big factor iv found, and not just a warm SW..

there are a few other key areas that are always worth a look at barston ..the fountain which always holds fish,, the out of bounds by the 18th green..the gravel bar,,silt spots, margins. and on and on :lol:

but the bigger fish are the harder to pin point!

going for a good full day session tomorrow so hope to get a few :D

Hi guys, i spoke to steve the baliff at lavender hall, on sataday on a vistit to see what the place was like.

He has told me that station pool has been restocked and has around 200-230 carp in there with the biggest weighing in at 31lb 4oz, this was caught 3 weeks ago. The islands look like a great place but like what was mentioned its the first place everyone splashes down and the pressure on them is hard going.

Prices were a little steep in my opinion £65 for friday to sunday but but to get away from the mrs and catch a good amount of fish its a small price to pay.

Im going up there in around 10 days time for 3 days I will keep you guys posted on what i catch.

nathan

not putting lavender hall down ..as it does what is say on the tin!! but id fish barston over lavender any day..is not even 1 mile away..

barston gives you much more water to fish, the surroundings are much nicer...and although it does have lots of small fish it is stacked with carp..1000s not 100s :wink:

Hello,

Having read through the varoius threads & visited the Barston Lakes website, I've found loads of info on match tactics.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on Carp tactics. Obviously watercraft will be a biggie but what works from a bait perspective?

Is it a boilie water? Plastics? 50 joker threaded on a hair? :lol:

Any advice would be great as I'm heading up there next week and I'd like to get a few tugs.

Cheers

Grizzo

Hello,

Having read through the varoius threads & visited the Barston Lakes website, I've found loads of info on match tactics.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on Carp tactics. Obviously watercraft will be a biggie but what works from a bait perspective?

Is it a boilie water? Plastics? 50 joker threaded on a hair? :lol:

Any advice would be great as I'm heading up there next week and I'd like to get a few tugs.

Cheers

Grizzo

You`ll get a few tugs, trust me. May not be off the bigger fish but tugs all the same. You`ll catch on boilies, plastics, particles, whatever you want really, what bait is not an issue there :wink:

With regards to lavender stocks, the lake was netted not long ago and any fish under 8lb removed. I fish it quite often and from what ive heard there are fish to upper 20's with a rumoured low 30. Ive had carp to just under 20lb, with all the fish I have caught being in perfect condition too.

With regards to lavender stocks, the lake was netted not long ago and any fish under 8lb removed. I fish it quite often and from what ive heard there are fish to upper 20's with a rumoured low 30. Ive had carp to just under 20lb, with all the fish I have caught being in perfect condition too.

Matt, I've got to agree with you about the condition of the fish in Lavender Hall. Scale and fin perfect, all those I've had.

Ian

Matt, I've got to agree with you about the condition of the fish in Lavender Hall. Scale and fin perfect, all those I've had.

Ian

Not many then? :wink:

Ian

Both of them, actually! :D:D

Ian

Ian

Both of them, actually! :D:D

Ian

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alright guys, im doing a night up shard end tonight if any of you wanna you wanna join me. (brave i know but the crossbow will be comin with me!) i will be the bloke with the skinhead.

cheers guys, nathan

You won't be the only one with a skinhead. It's almost compulsory on there! Crossbow a good idea, handgun, machette..... :shock:

I've never had any poblems on there but I know one or two who have, my son included. Mind you, the geezer who started on him lived, just, to regret his actions. Poor thing almost drowned. In 18 inches of water.........

Ian

i used to fish lavender regular and have had fish upto 20lb 4oz and plenty of them upto 21 fish in 24h session sorry ian but all these fish came from between the islands from the station peg and most of them fell to 15-22mm hallibut pellets with small bags but when ther price went up i stopped fishing it ,i'd rather put £15 in petrol and travel to linear fisheries and pay £38 for 48hours,steve who works there will give you good info and fishes the pool himself.nice bloke

Alright guys, im doing a night up shard end tonight if any of you wanna you wanna join me. (brave i know but the crossbow will be comin with me!) i will be the bloke with the skinhead.

cheers guys, nathan

You won't be the only one with a skinhead. It's almost compulsory on there! Crossbow a good idea, handgun, machette..... :shock:

I've never had any poblems on there but I know one or two who have, my son included. Mind you, the geezer who started on him lived, just, to regret his actions. Poor thing almost drowned. In 18 inches of water.........

Ian

That sounds just about right, Ian

I actually learned my carping on Kingshurst and Shard End lakes and it was pretty much like going back to the wild west then! Proper bandit country!! Its been a few years now, but I did wonder if things had improved with the passing of time?

Seems not :shock:

Oh, by the way, I 'knew' most of the characters or faces round there and I still slept with my 'weapon of choice' when bivvied up. But, all in all, not bad fishing if you applied yourself.

Went down barston the other week. Its true about the wind.....can be on for some big catches! My advice....never fish the island pegs, imagine the amount of lines going to one feature every day of the week!!! fishi the walking side....had a 18, 14, 13 and pasty out there last week in tough conditions! if i new how to upload the pictures i would!