BIRMINGHAM AIRPORT CARP WATERS

only just saw this thread, plantsbrooke is a pike water used to take the dog round it every night and saw plenty of doubles come out never saw a carp!!!

welder whats your real name? only live down the road from you im in minworth but family all live round water orton

Name is Ian Whitaker. Lived in Water Orton 33 years.

Fairly stocky build, shaved head and astonishingly handsome. No, really!

Ian

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im related to mike saddler he does all the fund raisin and fates in water orton,

im thinkin of tryin that blackgreaves just to waste a few hours and wet a line (the real reason is i no the owners lol) anyway iv heard and read various things what is the best set up ie rigs and leads only gonna try the big lake at the bottom of lane.

• 7 months later...

hi all,

new to this forum, joined specifically after a trip to france which got me really into my carp fishing. me and a good friend of mine have fished plantsbrrok for near on two years, some monster perch and some pike in the bigger lake, a small head of carp ARE present and are not very hook shy, only problem is locating them as they travel together and tend to move over bait beds very fast, due to masses of natural feed in the lake they dont go very hungry however, they are often seen by were the small lake runs into the large lake by a drainage grove on the far bank, setting up there is a big problem due to over hanging tree's, also have hooked into the by the bird table, flouresent baits present on snowman rigs work well. the venue is hard work for carp but produces great pike and perch during the autum and winter months

many thanks

r.wells

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All, just seen this thread n had to sine up to comment .... plantsbrook is full of pike! perch roach rudd bream, also has a good head of carp too but catching them is hard, ive seen them about and fished for over the years, ive lived in the area for all my life and regular fished there too, but never caught one from there also theres a golden orf in there not a koi! on hot summer days u can see it cruising the margin's' with the common carp.

ive had many good days pike fishing there, dead and live bait are best results, we use to buy gold fish from church rd aquatics and use them as live bait so no doubt theres gold fish in there too if they not been ate lol.

if you was to fish it for carp id recomend pop ups on a rig that lies on top of the weed as most of the lake is full of it, but make shure you got a licence and have permission to fish there too :)

Hi All, just seen this thread n had to sine up to comment .... plantsbrook is full of pike! perch roach rudd bream, also has a good head of carp too but catching them is hard, ive seen them about and fished for over the years, ive lived in the area for all my life and regular fished there too, but never caught one from there also theres a golden orf in there not a koi! on hot summer days u can see it cruising the margin's' with the common carp.

ive had many good days pike fishing there, dead and live bait are best results, we use to buy gold fish from church rd aquatics and use them as live bait so no doubt theres gold fish in there too if they not been ate lol.

if you was to fish it for carp id recomend pop ups on a rig that lies on top of the weed as most of the lake is full of it, but make shure you got a licence and have permission to fish there too :)