Beanz meanz Heinz

Hi, I was just making myself a snack, beans on toast..like you do..and I wondered if fish might like baked beans as much as I do.

Has anyone used them as bait or, maybe, in method mix? Just a thought.....................

Ian

Ian, that is one of my favourite baits..... Seriously... the carp love em and on a couple lakes near here the tench are barmy for them.... straight out of a tin....... :D

Its funny as i have just highlighted Beans (haricot beans) in a spod mix thread in UK carp stating this fact:D :D

Another good thing is you can see where the fish go after eating them...... look for large bubbles hitting the surface.....Parp :D

Ian, that is one of my favourite baits..... Seriously... the carp love em and on a couple lakes near here the tench are barmy for them.... straight out of a tin....... :D

Its funny as i have just highlighted Beans (haricot beans) in a spod mix thread in UK carp stating this fact:D :D

Another good thing is you can see where the fish go after eating them...... look for large bubbles hitting the surface.....Parp :D

Well well, farting carp! Now there's a thought.

I will certainly bung a tin or two into the bait bucket for future use.......wonder how carp feel about toast....

you could not realy use them on the hair as there a bit to soft but meybe you could get away with them if you only fished the margin

Stes, fishing the margins has always been my preferred approach. The margin is the only guaranteed feature on otherwise featureless waters. Where else would fish look for natural food? Slugs, worms, berries etc fall into the water only at the margin.

who ever said about toast well in my match i used 4 balles of liquidised bread then out the beanz over the top. ive tried the bread on its own and now were near as good as with the beanz and ive also tried the beanz on there own with the same results.

ive realy got to stop giving my match secrets away.:P:D

MMMMMmmmm!!!!

Baked Beans are a great Bait as Coops Says, but my choice is for the Shops own brand rather than Heinz. The Heinz Beans I find are too well cooked and are a little bit soft, whereas the Own Brand are slightly tougher.

MMMMMmmmm!!!!

Baked Beans are a great Bait as Coops Says, but my choice is for the Shops own brand rather than Heinz. The Heinz Beans I find are too well cooked and are a little bit soft, whereas the Own Brand are slightly tougher.

I think that the Heinz Beans are the only beans that are really Baked. The others are nearly all Soaked and Boiled in Tomato sauce.

Do Mushy Peas make a good Groundbait ingredient when using Peas on the hook?

• 2 years later...

Just opened my cupboard to see 4 tins of beans and wondered if there would be anything on the forum about baked beans!

After reading this, I think I am definately going to have to give them a go. I'm thinking mix some sweetcorn and boilies in and maybe use sweetcorn on the hair...but how much is too much?

And would it be best to throw all the sauce in too! :?:

Hi, I was just making myself a snack, beans on toast..like you do..and I wondered if fish might like baked beans as much as I do.

wonder how carp feel about toast....

Now all you need is a solution to the problem...

How do you get the Beans to stay ON the Toast when you cast??? :?

OK, I'll get me coat... :lol: