Fake Corn or others?

Do you have confidence fishing them on their own? I must be honest, I never fish them on their as I have no confidence in them an always fish them as a "Tip" bait, A visual attractor. Would you fish it on its own at say 140 yrds as a single, and expect to catch???

Never fish it on its own, always tipped. Im unsure if i have caught with it on its own, i have banked fish with only the fake corn left on but i put that down to the meat falling off during the playing of the fish.

I usually use some maize as groundbait if im fishing with a tipped bait.

As for 140yrds, well i wouldnt know. :wink:

i have to say i am the same, normally fish on top of a another bait as a visual thing but thats not to say it wouldn't work how you describe, popped up over some maize maybe.

on one of the france trips last year i fished with just maize on the hair 3-4 bits with the full intension of swapping over to a popped up bit of corn over a couple of bait spoons full of maize, the grass carp went mad on the maize and ended up not trying it.

but why wouldn't it work ?

Fished on its own as a fake bait, sorry I could not do that :(

no i know what you mean and i am still yet to give it a go, but is their any particular reason you think it wouldn't work. i have a couple of bits of corn that have been in a glug pot of attractor for nearly a year with the intension of trying this (and i know i don't need to leave them that long, thats where they live though ok)

at the end of the day when fished as a visual it does the job

Give it a go if your confident in it! For me I have fished Corn tipped with fake corn, and been robbed of the real corn and received no takes! Makes me wonder? but if yours have been glugged, then that makes them a bait in their own right, I think :?

i have total confidence in fake baits,one way of looking at it is they dont have hands to try it ,and move it, they move it with their mouth,you catch fish on these baits even if they dont want to eat it ,it flies in their mouth better than other baits .

I've tried a few times leaving a rig out overnight with just two pieces of artificial corn and have never had anything, but I have had a fair few when using one piece to tip a boillie. I have very little confidence in it on its own but one of my mates always has 2 pieces on at least one rod and doesn't do too badly, its one of his favourite baits.

It winds me up when we have nutritious boillies for the carp then they go and get caught on a piece of plastic :roll:

I've tried a few times leaving a rig out overnight with just two pieces of artificial corn and have never had anything, but I have had a fair few when using one piece to tip a boillie. I have very little confidence in it on its own but one of my mates always has 2 pieces on at least one rod and doesn't do too badly, its one of his favourite baits.

It winds me up when we have nutritious boillies for the carp then they go and get caught on a piece of plastic :roll:

chav carp no taste for quality :lol::lol:

i have loads of confidence in the pink alien baits fake sweetcorn, even as singles!

little bag of pellets, size 10 hook and a bit of fake corn mounted throught the top to bottom and have had about 20 takes on it during 2 sessions- landing my first, second and thrid 20's!

spod out corn and hemp and fish a single piece of fake corn over the top. i also mix a bit of mollasses with the spod mix. it accounted for my first 30 of the year, along with about 5 other 20s. be warned though, you will get plenty of snotties and tincas. you have to wade through them if they are in your venue.

kind regards,

simon

• 2 weeks later...

Are any of you trying this with slack running rigs though?

edit: I mean, with the concern of using a single fake particle this would make things worse right? Daryl's comment seemed to suggest a semi-fixed setup, or a bolt rig at best.

im not sure how a running rig would make it more dangerous?? :?:?

i have the stuff in my box but guess what . . . never used it haha

Oh I didn't mean it would be made more dangerous. What I meant was that if you were concerned about a single fake bait not catching and were banking on the carp "just picking it up", then a running rig would be counterproductive in this scenario because you aren't planning on the carp actually running with the fake bait.

I guess I was just interested if anyone had solid takes with only fake maize on a running rig? It seemed close enough to Kev's question as to not hijack.

why wont it work :?::roll:

these fake baits change the ph of the water around the "bait" as any bait does and the carp investigate. :wink:

fished as a single is hard to get our heads around but the fact that it changes the ph of the surrounding water will get a reaction outta the carp. :wink:

That's interesting.

So will an inert substance such as plastic change the PH level in the water around it?

it will! it may be inert to us- but can we smell and taste water that the plastic has been sitting in aswell as a carp can?

from what i've learnt plastics have an acidic ph profile. so it can hardly be inert to a carp. :wink:

i have also read that bio-degradable plastics has a definate amino acid signature, however no time scale is given for this. :wink:

and carp do also sight feed alot and that bright piece of corn will attract there attention. :wink: