Fake Corn or others?

from what i've learnt plastics have an acidic ph profile. so it can hardly be inert to a carp. :wink:

i have also read that bio-degradable plastics has a definate amino acid signature, however no time scale is given for this. :wink:

and carp do also sight feed alot and that bright piece of corn will attract there attention. :wink:

So are you saying that Carp recognize plastic as a food source because of it's amino acid signature? Let's not forget that it is a synthetic structure so is not made up by proteins, which are made up from amino acids???

So are you saying that Carp recognize plastic as a food source because of it's amino acid signature? Let's not forget that it is a synthetic structure so is not made up by proteins, which are made up from amino acids???

no mate i said.......................

i have also read that bio-degradable plastics has a definate amino acid signature, however no time scale is given for this. :wink:

taken from here........... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amino_acid

but never once have i said plastic baits had an amino profile mate. :wink: that was posted as food for thought. :wink:

they may have as bio-degradable plastic has no give time scale in this instance. :wink:

but would human contact with these baits leave an amino trace/signature behind? also food for thought.

but what i did say was..........................

from what i've learnt plastics have an acidic ph profile. so it can hardly be inert to a carp. :wink:

carp do also sight feed alot and that bright piece of corn will attract there attention. :wink:

plastics do have an acidic ph profile and unless the water has the exact ph level as the plastic(un-likely i would of thought) in the water there will be a noticeable change to the surrounding area/water that a carp will sense.

and these bright baits are very visable by carp.

i fished a water with a huge cray problem and yearly i would say probably 70% of the carp were caught on plastic/fake baits. :wink:

Good post, However I still do not have the confidence in fishing them on their own, I find them great as a "tip" bait with Maize, corn or peanuts as they keep the baits on for the cast and add a little buoyancy, plus the visual aspect that’s all. :wink:

Good post, However I still do not have the confidence in fishing them on their own, I find them great as a "tip" bait with Maize, corn or peanuts as they keep the baits on for the cast and add a little buoyancy, plus the visual aspect that’s all. :wink:

thankyou mate.

to be honest with you even though i have seen them in action and they do produce good action and i have caught on them i still smile and scracth my head when i have chucked one out with a small mesh bag of pellets as its mad that they work. :wink:

give them a go one day on one of your rods. i did this on a runs water and it out fished the pineapple boilie i use on runs waters. i used this to gain a little confidance in the gear before i chucked them out on my cray infested target water. :wink:

did you keep them soaked in some flavouring? i keep all mine in some potent pineapple flavouring that probably masks any human flavour that may be on it.

i know you use alot of maize kev, so wat wud be the difference that a carp could notice between a peice of plastic bait that looked and smelt the same as a normal peice of maize over a bed of maize?

My mate has been on single grain of fake corn for nearly two years now! mainly because he his a student and cant afford to buy boilies. i always say how cheap is sweetcorn? but he has now come acustom to the fake stuff. i even witnessed it in action the other day, he casted out a single piece to showing fish just before dark, in pitch darkness a full one toner lead to a 22lb common in the net. i reckon he has the luck of the irish.

I have total confidence in fake baits.Used fake corn yesterday.Half a grain on a size 10 with a method feeder saw a haul of 37 carp in 5 hours between 2 and 10lb.Most were around the 5 to 6lb mark.Fished the same lake last week with my bruv and i had the same results with loads of fish where he was using boilies and only had 2 carp out.I even had fish out with a white 10mm pom pom,looks like bread flake.jay

• 2 weeks later...

ive been using enterprizes fake corn recently with success.

1 piece of tutti fruti pop up corn with 2 sinking pieces (The pop up piece last on to the hair) with PVA bags of hemp and red chilli maize for fish up to 14lb when others wernt catching.

the thing is when carp feed they pick up everything that is within reach of thier mouths, they then decide what is food and spit the rest back out. they dont always feed by site or smell as such they just mooch around taking in all sorts of debris from the bottom, which is why plastics work even without anything else around them.

• 13 years later...