Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
Posted

they look awesome, i have to admit to getting back into making and painting 40k stuff about a year ago. it is suprisingly calming to lose a few hours surrounded by glue and paint.

not sure if it's appropriate here but this is an excellent charity that uses model kits for veterans as it can help with PTSD and gives a sense of belonging to a community again, if you ever find you have a kit spare (can happen i have heard) they pass them on to others.

https://www.modelsforheroes.org.uk/

 

Posted
5 hours ago, barry211 said:

they look awesome, i have to admit to getting back into making and painting 40k stuff about a year ago. it is suprisingly calming to lose a few hours surrounded by glue and paint.

not sure if it's appropriate here but this is an excellent charity that uses model kits for veterans as it can help with PTSD and gives a sense of belonging to a community again, if you ever find you have a kit spare (can happen i have heard) they pass them on to others.

https://www.modelsforheroes.org.uk/

 

Thanks, I do have a couple. I've doubled up on HMS Belfast in 1/600. I bought it myself, then a friend stayed over after I took him for a days pike fishing on the reservoir and for thanks gave me another Belfast.

I ordered Prinz Eugen, and unintentionally picked 1/740 instead of 1/600. Rather than send it back I just bought the 'right' scale.

Posted

I got into Lego over the 'winter' months, it can be very addictive though!

Built a Lighthouse, Jaws boat - a right [censored] to do - and a couple of motorised cars that I modded it was good fun 👍

Now weather is warming up, that will be on hold for now.

Do rember the Airfix kits, sure I had an Airfix saturn 5 rocket - should kept it!

  • 2 months later...
Posted
On 04/05/2026 at 11:30, barry211 said:

they look awesome, i have to admit to getting back into making and painting 40k stuff about a year ago. it is suprisingly calming to lose a few hours surrounded by glue and paint.

not sure if it's appropriate here but this is an excellent charity that uses model kits for veterans as it can help with PTSD and gives a sense of belonging to a community again, if you ever find you have a kit spare (can happen i have heard) they pass them on to others.

https://www.modelsforheroes.org.uk/

 

A couple of weeks ago I sent a couple of models to Help for Heroes, a 1/740 Prinz Eugen which I had ordered in the wrong scale ( I build ships in 1/600) and an HMS Belfast I had duplicated.

Really pleased to receive this today and that it is handwritten makes it such a nice reply.

20260722_224846.jpg

  • 2 months later...
Posted
On 09/05/2026 at 03:38, jules007 said:

I have a fleet of models, but these are mainly 1/10th rc rock crawlers here is my most recent one an FTX Trooper based on a toyota LC71, i have added lots of scale parts, great fun to drive

LC71 first run.JPG

I bought a ftx bugster monster truck thing few years back..it was great fun and stupidly fast , I upgraded the chassis and other components to metal it cost me a quite a few quid and it just kept stripping the drive pinion gear . I ended up selling it ! My best mate is an ftx nut has several vantages and carnages and untold boxes of bits , it was he who persuaded me to get into the damn thing's lol . I did always like the crawlers though 👌

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...