ESP buzz bars look nice

To start with I just thought another set of buzz bars until I watched this vid now I am wanting some, something that always bugs me is I can't get my alarms to line up by using an insert and grub screw, ESP have got around this issue meaning you will always have perfectly straight alarms, that to me is a game changer. Not badly priced either and has optional extra goalpost adapters. 

I think I am sold 😂

On 13/07/2024 at 08:45, elmoputney said:

To start with I just thought another set of buzz bars until I watched this vid now I am wanting some, something that always bugs me is I can't get my alarms to line up by using an insert and grub screw, ESP have got around this issue meaning you will always have perfectly straight alarms, that to me is a game changer. Not badly priced either and has optional extra goalpost adapters. 

I think I am sold 😂

Don't do the 'shiny' thing in front of me please :shock:

I don't need any help spending money:-?

Seriously I got Solar buzz bars to go with the P1 pod as the Nazeing banks were rock hard, often setting up on hardcore or on pallets. 

With the softer banks of Alton and Botesdale I ended up getting the P1 adaptors so I could fish goalpost on banksticks as while the water is high I rarely need the pod.

I must admit though, that Solar stainless gear is expensive, but it does last. I own banksticks I bought in the 1990's and the P1 pod is now over 10years old.

Where has that time gone?:eek:

On the ESP note, Drennan are another manufacturer who rarely produce a bad item, most is properly researched and developed before release.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

They do look pretty smart though and fairly reasonably priced 😳

Yeah they obvs seen a gap on price point, just surprised they copied the lock and tops almost exactly.  The alignment mechanism on the bars looks great, not sure on the look though for me with the bulky ends and set length.

I wouldn't change my 2+1's, apart from needing 3 spread single rods, these cover everything I need and got the pod to go with it for platforms etc.

Obvs had to get the storm sticks for my Ultralite in all 3 sizes lol

I laughed at my mate when he got his Jag pod, couldn't believe what he paid, 3 years later I've got more than him.  The addiction is real 🤣

Edited by kevtaylor

On 13/07/2024 at 08:45, elmoputney said:

something that always bugs me is I can't get my alarms to line up by using an insert and grub screw, ESP have got around this issue meaning you will always have perfectly straight alarms, that to me is a game changer. Not badly priced either and has optional extra goalpost adapters. 

I think I am sold 😂

Jag have a turning system that allows you to line up the alarms or rests perfectly, mine are bang on and really tight with no washers at all.  It is a bit fiddly but once you understand what to do it's simple.

Were you not aware of this?

9 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Jag have a turning system that allows you to line up the alarms or rests perfectly, mine are bang on and really tight with no washers at all.  It is a bit fiddly but once you understand what to do it's simple.

No i didn't know that tbh that's the thing that really annoys me about buzz bars tbh, they never seem to want to align nicely, that would be the main selling point for me 😂

I really like the idea of omc elbows as you can swap them about and even just slip one 9ff to use as a single, but not sure if you will still have the same alignment issues that you get with most bars, 

I just went out for a couple of hours at the noddy pond 2 single sticks no messing about lol didn't even care they weren't aligned 😂 

40 minutes ago, framey said:

How very dare you…

I wish I had taken a photo now, just to prove you can catch without getting a spirit level out 😂

Funny thing happened, I've got my kit down to a minimum for these places and short sessions now, just a mat, with tackle box in, a bucket and my rod bag for my 9fters. I saw a bloke packing his car as I was walking back. I chucked my bits in the car, went to the toilet, washed my hands and he still had all of his stuff and his barrow(tri Porter big boy) in a big heap, he looked perplexed, he had literally everything with him and I'm guessing it all had to be loaded in a certain order, I felt proud of myself as I drove off with my minimal kit, my wife had made a nice curry,and I'd probably eaten that before he had driven out the gate 😂

On 23/07/2024 at 10:31, kevtaylor said:

When buying my rods today i also spent 3.49 on these Jag aligners, I should be able to get them proper level with these and lessen the need for new buzz bars 🤞

https://johnsonrosstackle.co.uk/jag-316/11638-jag-alarm-aligners.html

19 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Jag alarm aligners seem to have worked, I now have 2 perfectly aligned alarms on my 3 rod buzzer bar, I didn't bother trying to align this one 😳IMG_20240730_193300.thumb.jpg.01fff3dfdff958fb2c94063bc072d253.jpg

IMG_20240730_193246.thumb.jpg.f0a823a8e0287ba63b3a321f6b49844e.jpg

I wondered what the inside looked like of my Atts thanks for going to the trouble of finding out 👍