Low chair/bed chair (Solar or other suggestions)

That looks good.

I'm sure my mate Will has one, I know it's comfortable on the ground, for obvious reasons I have not used it while on his bedchair.

I'm sure you've seen my post about the Solar Chair I got, those legs are good; self extending on pushing the button, and the chair is comfortable.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

That looks good.

I'm sure my mate Will has one, I know it's comfortable on the ground, for obvious reasons I have not used it while on his bedchair.

I'm sure you've seen my post about the Solar Chair I got, those legs are good; self extending on pushing the button, and the chair is comfortable.

Yeah it looks great - just that bar underneath when used on the bed, would you feel it?

Seen it for 85 quid, looks a bit of a bargain.

Still using my old fox adjusta chair - proper light, poor pack down coz not flat all over and no adjustment whatsoever, in theory it's rubbish but its my longest used bit of kit at well over 30 years and still going strong.

Edited by kevtaylor

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291844150288?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=jdrK5iSxSqa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=yW-jXGLIRqK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I've had one of these for a couple of years or more Kev so far Elmo proof, pretty light, compact, good for sitting on a bed with and really good back support. They do seem to have got more expensive though I didn't pay anywhere near a ton for it. 

It's exactly 1kg lighter than the Solar one just checked. 

Edited by elmoputney

10 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Yeah it looks great - just that bar underneath when used on the bed, would you feel it?

Seen it for 85 quid, looks a bit of a bargain

Looking at the pics, it folds up under the cushion and frame bars, so you'd be possibly be pushing down heavily on the cushion seat to feel it across your buttocks, although I may be not quite thinking straight about actual use.

40 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Looking at the pics, it folds up under the cushion and frame bars, so you'd be possibly be pushing down heavily on the cushion seat to feel it across your buttocks, although I may be not quite thinking straight about actual use.

I'm sure they've got it right - only one way to tell I think will buy and report back or get the one Elmo pointed out if I can find cheaper. 👍

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291844150288?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=jdrK5iSxSqa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=yW-jXGLIRqK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I've had one of these for a couple of years or more Kev so far Elmo proof, pretty light, compact, good for sitting on a bed with and really good back support. They do seem to have got more expensive though I didn't pay anywhere near a ton for it. 

It's exactly 1kg lighter than the Solar one just checked. 

Nice one Elmo - shame the price has gone up so much but deffo a top contender, thanks for the feedback 😎👍

31 minutes ago, kevtaylor said:

I'm sure they've got it right - only one way to tell I think will buy and report back or get the one Elmo pointed out if I can find cheaper. 👍

Tackleuk and Johnson Ross had it in stock according to Google but with different prices. JR you need to spend a penny more to get free shipping.

15 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Still using my old fox adjusta chair

Same!

I had one years and years ago and ditched it for a more modern alternative. I hated the weight of the replacement so spent 2 years finding another original adjusta (one popped up on FB for a tenner eventually). Been using it ever since. So, so light. You can't find anything that light nowadays. But I agree pack-down is ridiculous.

19 minutes ago, yonny said:

Same!

I had one years and years ago and ditched it for a more modern alternative. I hated the weight of the replacement so spent 2 years finding another original adjusta (one popped up on FB for a tenner eventually). Been using it ever since. So, so light. You can't find anything that light nowadays. But I agree pack-down is ridiculous.

Yeah it must be good coz I've had it for so long but those bed buddies look decent.  Gonna hold on and really consider this coz I've never sat on my bed and thought oh I need a back rest, I like sitting on the floor in front of the bedchair when the weather is OK and the adjusta chair whilst not adjustable as such is comfy enough.

Going Brothers Lake in Oct so just thinking do I need a better chair for a weeks session.

Truth is when fishing I'm standing watching more than sitting.

10 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Yeah it must be good coz I've had it for so long but those bed buddies look decent.  Gonna hold on and really consider this coz I've never sat on my bed and thought oh I need a back rest, I like sitting on the floor in front of the bedchair when the weather is OK and the adjusta chair whilst not adjustable as such is comfy enough.

Going Brothers Lake in Oct so just thinking do I need a better chair for a weeks session.

Truth is when fishing I'm standing watching more than sitting.

I used to do the same, sitting in front of the bedchair on the ground when I was carp fishing.

I did buy a chair more for pike and roach fishing with fold down back legs and ended up with that across the bedchair at times. That lasted a few years until the material started to split, so I got the Sonik, which I think lasted a maximum of 3 years until the weld came apart.

I do now prefer sitting on a chair with the back and hip problems I have, and if I sort the bivvy out tidily it can stay up permanently during a session, put to the feet end of the bed at night.

The chair stays in the boot of car, in layers, barrow at the bottom, chair on that, with chesties, wellies and Kelly Kettle and some cardboard and twigs in a bag fitted in the gaps and unhooking mat on top.

22 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

those bed buddies look decent.

I actually bought one of those a few years ago (not one that can also be used as a standard chair, just the one that sits on the bed). I used it once and decided it's just another piece of gear to carry. Straight on ebay after the one session.

I would certainly be interested to hear about the one that does both (normal chair AND sits on the bed). I rarely take a chair at all nowadays as I resent carrying too much kit but I often wish I had one on me!

1 hour ago, yonny said:

I actually bought one of those a few years ago (not one that can also be used as a standard chair, just the one that sits on the bed). I used it once and decided it's just another piece of gear to carry. Straight on ebay after the one session.

I would certainly be interested to hear about the one that does both (normal chair AND sits on the bed). I rarely take a chair at all nowadays as I resent carrying too much kit but I often wish I had one on me!

Think I'll try the Solar one, spending is now justified as necessary research for the fellas! 🤣👍

Will let you know obvs

22 hours ago, yonny said:

I don't always take mine as I now use my barrow more often, I could fit the chair on but prefer saving some weight and carrying less, I would if I was doing more than an overnighter but I barely get a chance to sit before it's home time these days. 

On 11/07/2024 at 00:23, salokcinnodrog said:

I used to do the same, sitting in front of the bedchair on the ground when I was carp fishing.

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I don't always take mine as I now use my barrow more often, I could fit the chair on but prefer saving some weight and carrying less, I would if I was doing more than an overnighter but I barely get a chance to sit before it's home time these days. 

On 10/07/2024 at 13:39, kevtaylor said:

I like sitting on the floor in front of the bedchair when the weather is OK and the adjusta chair whilst not adjustable as such is comfy enough.

I did find a 'relax mat' handy for sitting in front of the bedchair, and it does also work on the barrow as long as you get get your feet either side of the wheel, just don't put too much weight backwards...

Screenshot_20240712-142901_Chrome.jpg

30 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I did find a 'relax mat' handy for sitting in front of the bedchair, and it does also work on the barrow as long as you get get your feet either side of the wheel, just don't put too much weight backwards...

Screenshot_20240712-142901_Chrome.jpg

My daughter bought me the same thing from the tackle box for Xmas a few years ago 

does that version have a bag on the back ?

First trip out using the chair, seems pretty light but obvs not as light as my other.

Pack down it's wide so takes up room in the car but fitted on the barrow behind the bed.  Bars cross over when packed down would be better if all these chairs folded flatter and smaller.

Comfy in use on the bed, you dont feel the bar underneath which was my initial concern, also comfy on the bank using the lowest back bar for a low rider style option or thicker one for more upright.

Nice having back adjustment, pretty happy with it tbh.

Screenshot_20240715_091225_Gallery.thumb.jpg.be3c98fc636482f6286a595e8614048f.jpg

20240713_112853.thumb.jpg.bac65dcdae6d78a554a8c7e080fb14c1.jpg

20240713_203251.thumb.jpg.998bc179640a86b41e5a738df0d1dd30.jpg

Screenshot_20240715_091352_Gallery.thumb.jpg.5ff5b672439603a9d0b0fff59096aaa1.jpg